March 2018 Release - General Feedback

We’re happy to announce that the March Release is now live!

Please use this thread for general feedback.

Quick Info

Other Information Threads

Additional Release Information

The March Release brings a whole host of quality of life improvements and balance changes to New Eden, including a 95% reduction in the cap on jump fatigue accumulation, changes to jumping and tethering mechanics, a shakeup of sovereignty capture and a whole host of small quality of life improvements.

In addition to this, the March Release will see a balance pass on several hulls including small buffs to battleships across the board, as well as changes to the Orthrus, Ferox, Machariel, Drake Navy Issue, Cyclone and more. A new Flag Cruiser will also be introduced – the Monitor – allowing fleet commanders to remain on the field longer during battle.

Aside from all these changes and more, the latest event will also kick off on the 20th – The Hunt.

Capsuleers can get involved and join in by finding Guristas Pirates at the designated event sites and eliminating their threat. Exclusive rewards include Cerebral Accelerators, a Damage Modifier module, Boosters and Hunter’s Quiver SKINs.

1 Like

Attempting to join a channel , this is what ? why so extra laggy ?

also setting on chat window is broken ?

Hideous lag in much of the UI, channel settings doesn’t work, Local takes ages to refresh upon system entry.

EDIT: Lag affecting changing hangar view, eg. look into container.

EDIT: Copying reports and continuing in Known Issues & Reporting thread…

1 Like

Operators of chat channels can no longer add further operators, change the password, or change the mode of the chat channel. Only the channel owner is now allowed to do those things.

Who thought this was a good idea? Incursion channels and especially the auxiliary channels like scimi links and basi chains depend on adding new operators all the time!

10 Likes

Change of channel notification message is now not overwriting itself, but listing sequentially - and because the channel settings doesn’t work, this spam can’t even be cleared.

local

love the icon

Yup, mine’s been popping up in all sorts of odd places, too, such as in the title bar of the window stack, to mention but one…

general feedback …:thinking:

And now I’ve been waiting on arrival side of a gate - my ship: not rendered. Other nearby objects: none to see. Overview: nothing shown. Actions: none possible. This has been going on for a few minutes now, after a long gate jump, after a “traffic system can’t process your etc.” (~160secs)

1 Like

will try to clear cache , but I start like that

2 Likes

What a marvelous introduction to the AWS servers. If your other plans with micro features on AWS or other external services work out just as well, you have made EVE a much better place.

We’re happy to announce that the March release is now live!

At least this time you didn’t have the nerve to call it “a successful release”. You are making progress.

1 Like

I am under siege and upwell weapon cannot be reloaded with any ammo (video recorded). Also cannot warp with cloaked bomber…
not to mention that all chat windows move to default position and settings

Superb! Great release. FUBAR

1 Like

"marvelous introduction: as in so much as people not appearing in local channels even tho they are in the same station as me ?
Lag galore and extremely poor performance ?

:slight_smile:
“A successful release” in all the normal CCP ways of cause :rofl::joy:

general feedback : love the chat windows improvements , as transparency so it saves you time to read all chat tabs at once thus very helpful and time saving. rest should be even better. than you CCP , love it

1 Like

Local was not displaying players in system, overview was gone, all personal settings gone, undocked a ship and got disconnected after.
See you guys tomorrow.

I cant even connect to the server it is saying that my connection is lost but my interned is completely fine

They shut it down again.

i was happy for a second when i saw that local was empty, even with me in it. i figured you listened to feedback people have been giving for years and made it like wormholes. This not only improves gameplay tremendously but also makes it incredibly hard for botters to do their thing.

sadly, it was just a bug.

1 Like

Who broke local