March 2018 Release - General Feedback

Compact list doesn’t remove chat bubble it just condenses the list so that you don’t have to scroll as much with more people in system :wink: and this is nothing new both versions have been in eve a very long time.

2 Likes

Compact list doesn’t remove the bubble it hides it. Of course folk are hiding the feature bc they don’t like it or want to use it. And while the functionality was always in eve the chat bubble is new and annoying.

1 Like

LOL sorry I only realized now, I misread your initial post, yea I agree with you.

1. I can’t resize chat windows

2. Sometimes I don’t see player numbers for channels ( how many people are in that channel ), let’s say local or help channel, i only see without any number, please move number to the right side of the chat window like we had before the patch.
    IMAGE:

3. Sometimes when i get into the game, or while jumping to new system / loading channels slows down GPU performance to 1fps.

4. EVENT: sometimes npc’s don’t spawn in “the hunt” sites or the site is empty with no wrecks and full pods.

1 Like

That part I like! No more free intel to check if someone is online now. Before, if you convo’d them, if they were online you wouldn’t get a notification there were offline. Now, there is no way to tell which is how it should be.

Issue: I had a player show up as a War Target in station Guests list but showed up as neutral in local.

I have also experienced this issue. My FPS struggles while local loads. Very bad in Jita!

1 Like

Would you please stop deploying some random updates to the client without any notice that prevent me from starting up other clients. Would be much appreciated.

Interesting, I never get a notification as to whether someone I convo is online or not, they either responded to the invite or not. Unless they were in my buddy list in which case you could see if they were online or not - Now all my alts show as offline in local, even when they are logged in sitting right next to me.

The “start convo” button is wasted resources and only serves to clutter up an already cluttered and currently broken interface.

Went to Jita the other day. When i jumped into the system my game was runing at 5 fps and the Local tab started counting the number of players in the system. They were about 1600 and by the time Local finished counting (while i was unable to input commands to my ship) the invul timer had already expired. Normaly i run the game at 75 fps (fixed). I don’t think the game is supposed to do that when you jump into a system with lots of players in local. What would happen if i jump in a system with 4k players?

2 Likes
  • Major performance issues after this release, even with just one client. Jumping gates into a null capital system (only around 100 in local) dropped framerate to a crawl and spiked my CPU, both persisted for about 30 seconds. Same happens when undocking.
  • Settings are not saved after logging out and back in. This happens for ALL of my chat windows.
    – Input box resizes back to 3 rows high.
    – Show player list setting is ignored and always shows the list on start. However, the setting still shows as hidden, so to fix this I have to check the box to show player list, then uncheck it and it goes away.
    – Screenshot: image

I think it’s well covered elsewhere, but standings aren’t displayed properly, and players are showing up in local for multiple systems at the same time.

Also there’s this annoying little chat bubble that appears when I try to click on a player name and it causes me to accidentally open chat with people all the time…

2 Likes

Just saw on Updatepage that today March Realease 1.7 has been deployed.
Some Skin fix and some Chat fix.

CCP informed me in a bug report they didn’t copy anyone’s alliance and corp MOTDs for technical reasons. Did they seriously just erase every corp and alliance’s MOTDs with no heads up? WTF CCP?

2 Likes
1 Like

Yea better to give people warning so they can copy their MOTD’s to a notepad or something for safe keeping :confused: bad planning. " also be looking to supply a skillpoint gift in the near future. " at least this will make everyone feel abit better.

2 Likes

Chat is broken, still.
RIP Corp and Alliance MOTDs.
Long live the cartoonish “chat button”
Jump fatigue not reset to current 5 hr timer if you had more than that before patch.

But we got 95% jump fatigue reduction for Pods and Shuttles.
Wow, thanks, because flying either of those around in null-sec is always a wise choice…

I do feel for the tech team that has to clean this mess up & team support for the many, many tickets they have to go through because of it.
New Tech can be a bitch to roll out, but come on.

CCP = can you PLEASE - for the love of god - STOP adding little crap no one asked for, no one wanted & does not really add anything to the experience AND then not even mention it in the dev blogs leading up to a release.

And maybe START informing us of things like “We aren’t going to bother with your MOTDs”
So we could have backed them up at least.
Sad part, [non alliance/corp] player made channel’s MOTDs … Saved just fine. :confused:

PS: oh yes, and thanks for wiping out any player made channels we had saved, but not opened, before the patch. At least they were recoverable through the locally saved chat logs.

1 Like

Little thing, but I do appreciate the small red exclamation point beside ‘Reprocess’ and ‘Trash it’ in the docking bay menu options. It’s a good little visual differential, and is especially appreciated when playing EVE while just a bit tired. :weary:

1 Like

@CCP Hey why not just rollback to the old chat system until you get the new one unfucked?

Knowing CCP, the old chat system doesn’t exist anymore by this point.

2 Likes

First liked them as a warning, but now it seems the red marked options magically manipulate me to click on them, just to see what happens … it’s weird.

1 Like