March 2018 Release - Known Issues & Reporting

Even with loglite files CCP answer they can’t reproduce chat disconnect.

We aren’t talking about chat channel disconnects - knowing CCP, loglite doesn’t see the chat server - we are talking about the industry window not seeing a guys blueprints - which loglite should see.
Cause I know anytime I move stuff around loglite mentions it.

i think I may be pushing the industry UI to its limits with close to 20k BPC’s in jita.

The total is going down by about 100 a day meaning the UI may soon catch up with me.

So after a hellish night of splitting all my blueprints(around20k) into chuncks of 4-5k per sotyio(cuz i read somewhere above 10k causes issues).I did some log lite testing and here’s what I found.

When looking at log lite I can see that when the character who does not load the blueprints has not registered the request to load them at all!

So the issue is within the function of the client making that request, for whichever character makes the request it does not get filled.This is random and the request will go trough 3 out of 10times or something like that.
So either it doesn’t go trough or if the request does go trough it doesn’t return the asked result for blueprints when it goes through.I know that’s for sure because I tested it at least 10 times.The request for blueprints and its completion is broken.Once again I’m seeing all these results in the log lite and I don’t know why I have to explain this to skilled CCP employs when they should theoretically know more than me about their game. Hopefully when i file support ticket this time it will get proper attention.

Note this is on complete new game install, with all drivers up verify checked, all direct x up to date(yes i did try dx9 same stuff).On win 8.1 with all updates ok.Started having this issue right after the march release.

That’s nice.
Except you yourself just said it’s random. Meaning it’s again almost certainly something specific to you. For instance are you trying to use anything like isboxer to help handle all these clients. Are you running multiple clients when doing this or are you testing with only a single client. Are you using any overlays like discord. Are you recording the screen.

Because what you are saying is ‘push button, button no work’. And if the bug was specifically with the button everyone should see it. So knowing where the error is happening isn’t as simple as you think

Ummm… Is there a gag order about the standings in Local chat? I’m STILL entering systems with only alliance people and seeing a bunch of neutral icons… NOT FIXED. NOT OKAY… Yet not a word in weeks. This is fuggin ridiculously unprofessional. What the hell is going on?

Today, 13th of April, 2018 at 4:38 EVE time, I tried to log in. First the launcher said it cannot connect to the server. After a while it managed to connect, and I logged in. The character selection screen stayed for a long time after I selected a character. When the game finally started, there were no chat boxes in the client. It is weird.

As you can see on the screenshot, the chat windows should be in the lower left corner, but they are gone…

is it again !!! MOre than 20min cannot log in

Authentification-Server seems down. Can’t log in. Also can’t log in in Account-Management.

Same here

Yes, LOGIN server is down again, can’t log in at all.

Same here.

My issues seem to be solved now. Thanks to everyone involved in the fix! :sun_with_face:

What fixed your issue Veskin_Sentinel? I haven’t had chat for days now and still none.

I can still fly and do industry, etc. Just no chat whatsoever.

Somewhere you may have a firewall or router blocking the new chat servers. There was a post from a CCP dev that gave the IP and/or host name to check.

Could be worth a look.

A firewall or router issue would constantly block chat servers and not intermittently like what I am experiencing.

Have to type in local for chat server to wake up and connect.

Thanks that looked like a good lead, but CCP Eve is whitelisted already in my Windows Defender Firewall. And if I turn off the Firewall completely I still have the issue, so that doesn’t fix it for me yet.

Chat servers are not CCP though, they are Amazon cloud services I believe.

Firewall is off now so it doesn’t matter whose they are.

This may help

My apologies if this is stuff you have already done.

1 Like