March 2018 Release - Known Issues & Reporting

I really appreciate your help. I found that exact link after your comment which is what led me to look at the whitelist and try turning off the Windows Firewall entirely (which would show that it was the issue). Unfortunately, that didn’t solve my problem. I can connect to http://portquiz.net:5222/ as suggested. I tried to connect with Test-NetConnection -InformationLevel detailed -ComputerName tranquility.chat.eveonline.com -Port 5222 and got
WARNING: TCP connect to (52.16.170.20 : 5222) failed
WARNING: Ping to 52.16.170.20 failed with status: TimedOut
That was while being logged into Eve and able to fly so it’s not that I don’t have connection. Perhaps another factor is blocking that address but I don’t know where else to look. I’m happy to help the devs debug but my ticket hasn’t had any response for days.

Seriously CCP WTF is with the chat channels disconnecting then reconnecting then disconnecting etc etc etc etc etc etc

Ya would think with all the techno crap you guys have ya could at least deploy a damn fix. Have let 3 clients expire and 2 more to go… Such a shame and stuff up

For anyone else who has NO CHAT at all. I resolved the problem by changing my DNS to Google DNS instead of my LSP in the Philippines. That was the problem.

Looking at it, I think the issues from what I am seeing is the bulk of BPO/BPCs.

I know the system hangs on me with
900+ BPOS and like 700 BPCs. So if this guy has 20k plus he is probably over working the system which was probably set up to only check up to so many. Think he said he read somewhere, anything over 10k starts causing issues.

CCP probably should do a bunch of test with differt quantities of BPs and see how the client crashes/lags.

That’s a known issue, it’s simply going to happen when loading a lot of information from a database into a huge table that it takes time.
But that shouldn’t be failing to register that he clicked the button at all, that should register he hit the button and then potentially fail to return the table if it overloads and fails the call.
So the error he’s listed is a bit funny if it is the number of BP’s.

People told me that the standings showing up wrong only affected chat. Well, not true. Alliance mate showed as neutral in the Overview.

No chat channels after server restart.

EDIT: Showed up like two minutes after server restart…

EDIT 2: Jita market unresponsive/lagging hard. Buying not working, people reporting that they recieve no isk after selling something

Here’s a known issue, I haven’t been able to even play my character in this event as I haven’t been able to USE my character since Thursday, and Support hasn’t even replied to my ticket made Friday…3 days ago… Can I have the tech support bug fixed?

Feedback? Reporting? Posted it there including screenshot:

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/march-2018-release-general-feedback/63713/150?u=momitsu

tldr: local still broken like hell

The joys of outsourcing services. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

you get what you pay for

1 Like

The “sticky sprocket” bug is still there
EveBugStickySprockets
Click it in chat window, nothing happens, move the window and a white copy of the sprocket stays where clicked but nothing happens, the menu never appear. Easiest to reproduce in jita, but may happen elsewhere too.

The issue where all non-moderator users get kicked from the channel when a corporation or alliance is put on the blocked list continues…

@CCP_Falcon Any chance you could touch base with the developers on this? We’d be happy to demonstrate this in Haulers Channel for a dev if they can’t reproduce it easily in-house. EBR-148407

The bug with invisible players in local is still there too. This poor caldari-militia guy lost his ibis in gallente highsec, his pod right next to the wreck, as can be seen on the screenshot, but he’s not listed in local.

Well Muppet if ya looked at the time of my post ya MUPPET you would have seen nothing was mentioned about the attack then you MUPPET

This is still broken

Group chats do not show member count like other channels do. Corp chat does not show member count either. This is with few characters in channel.

Other channels with few characters show member count.

You need to effing type something to invite someone into a group chat… WTF? FIX THE GOD DAMN CHAT SYSTEM! :rage:

And I still cannot forget channels which I had forgotten years ago that your stupid chat system forced back on me.

And while you are at it: Fix the contract system. that I get a 40 second time out when I try to switch search results list pages.

And while you are at that: Fix the route search, too. It is unacceptable that I get a 30 second time out for searching a system, station after I searched for a system/station 10 seconds before.

Where are the benefits of TQ 3.0? I do not see them. Fix your awful code already before throwing even more awful code on top of it.

Would you please stop screwing up the contract system?

Ever since this update I have to select a character twice when I use “Show Contracts” from a character info window. And why do I get a 40 seconds time out almost every time when I open the contract window and try to switch pages?

Stop screwing up EVE!