[March] The Monitor Flag Cruiser

Surely the answer to “headshotting” is to have more people in the command hierarchy ready to take over when the current commander is removed from the fight?

4 Likes

our lord and savior trigger99’s killboard is a fascinating thing to study if you can let go of your good kills/bad kills mindset, which is heresy. (May 2012)

your a strange person that isnt really providing anything useful to this thread.

except maybe an insight into the mind of someone who thinks this ship is a good idea maybe?

3 Likes

It is a good idea. it’s just it’s not for you. It’s for actually famous FC’s that get headshot all the time. Like my waifu Asher Elias.

Edit: I got changed from weirdo to strange person. You had it right the first time.

keeping with this logic, logistics and ECM boats also get primary off the field 99% of fleet fights and they explode way more often than fc’s command ships maybe we should also make thos ships harder to kill don’t you think? this ship is probably one of the worst and most lazy eforts to solve a non problem. just a major waste of Dev time imho

if the enemy fleet has a sniper battleship fleet with 40+ BS’s, that means the FC probably should not warp on that grid. unless he is in a capital ship or in a very tanked command ship and plenty of logi backup.

ships explode when they become under alpha strike fire, deal with it.

2 Likes

Logi doesn’t have the responsibility of warping the fleet off the field when the battle goes south. They also don’t have the responsibility of directing the warfare. No one is going to stop fighting just because a logi gets popped. And since the dps is flying, there’s a good chance the fleet will win despite logi going down. I’ve seen a ton of fleets like that. So they don’t really need this, no.

i literally dont know what planet your on, maybe one of them shattered ones but if the idea is to make eve online cow down to the needs of the few as opposed to the many the idea on that basis alone is severely flawed. To say that these few people ‘create’ the content is completely false, like Perunga [al loot to perunga], they are pretty much replaceable and everyone whose been involved in big form ups over the years know that most of this ‘content’ involves a lot of blueballs and not really any content at all.
If CCP want people to smash against each other they HAVE to have a struggle over resources, this means movement of resources NOT STATIC, safe, buffed systems to farm in.

1 Like

I find it hard to understand why as FC’s we do not create content. We create group content between gangs of 20-256 people. That content keeps most of Eve alive and about working together rather than just solo.

i literally dont know what planet your on, maybe one of them shattered ones but if the idea is to make eve online cow down to the needs of the few as opposed to the many the idea on that basis alone is severely flawed. To say that these few people ‘create’ the content is completely false, like Perunga [al loot to perunga], they are pretty much replaceable and everyone whose been involved in big form ups over the years know that most of this ‘content’ involves a lot of blueballs and not really any content at all.
If CCP want people to smash against each other they HAVE to have a struggle over resources, this means movement of resources NOT STATIC, safe, buffed systems to farm in.

kao-tow or kau-tau

not “cow down”

Are you saying my waifu asher doesnt bring all the boys to the yard. i don’t know who you are but I will find you and I will kill you, in eve. In a fleet, fcing in a zephyr. Because that makes about as much sense as you raging against the monitor.

1 Like

I think it’s a very good ship for its intended purpose. I’ve one issue though, the incredible tank will be abused in pve (for example to run DED 10/10 sites, wormhole sites, etc). Let the monitor gain aggro and tank the site while another ship brings the dps. Ez isk?

1 Like

How do you use this for PvE with no drones, turrets, launchers, ewar or hacking?

2 Likes

i told you already where i was u simpleton

Why are you resorting to insults?

i told you already where i was u simpleton

i respond in kind

what eve have you been playing?

could you stop your fanboyism, you clearly have no arguments to add to the discussion, how many engagements end because only one logi is left. do you even ever been in a fleet fight ever ? please stop posting

2 Likes

But tbf, if you buff logi fights will last too long.

A logi is not an FC, and you are trying to make it as important as the FC, it isn’t. Logi is replaceable. The big alliance that have these fights can easily restage nearby. If they can get off grid safely. An FC facilitates that. Anyways, it’s a separate solution, and not one that I think should be implemented.

There are no headshot targets that fly logi often enough that it’s a problem.

im literally 100% sure there are forum post rules that you are 100% breaking, stop trolling. only big egos think an fc is more important than the rest of the team; try fc’ing a fleet without a fleet…

2 Likes

The FC is as important as the pilots but if you lose one DPS shipt he fleet goes on. If you lost the FC then the fight is effectively over.

1 Like