[March] The Monitor Flag Cruiser

more likely be forced to fly them if anything

1 Like

I think weā€™ve all been stuck in a banana boat (inquisitor) before against our will. -_-

1 Like

why not make it some type of boost that effects only the fc
then no one would know what ship the fc was flying and he could have his ship how ever he wanted this was the lazy way out if anything and to pretend its a good idea is a insult to the player base

i personally dont think fozzie sov needs fixing, just that theres not much to it to make it more dynamic or tactical tbh. Entosising is basically now the same thing as structure bashing back in the day, blob systems, win (kind of) and its only use is for sov grinding.
I really do believe additions to the genre needs more added, not merely being a way to greif people and grind sov but for maybe hiding gangs, local chats, disrupting gates or gate guns, imho so much more could be added to fozziesov to make it moreā€¦ fun and dynamic instead of what has become the static emplacements we see today; everyone basically hidden behind a maginot line of sorts.
but hey, thats just my opinion :wink:

1 Like

The solution is intended for FCā€™s who are known by their name alone. When they are in a fight they get headshot because the other FC will know their name and wants to get them on their killboard. It isnā€™t just about FCā€™s.

When a famous FC goes down, it disrupts the whole fleet, even if there is a backup FC.

That disappoints hundreds of people. This change effects thousands across the whole game, due to the fact that these FCā€™s are people who everyone wants to fly with. Even if a backup FC comes forward, still, it can upset players who have been looking forward to flying with their favorite streamer or CEO or whatever. And getting headshot all the time is a frustrating experience for the FCā€™s who have become famous. I know the feeling because I get headshot all the time, for different reasons, and it kind of sucks. I am good enough that I usually get away but it can be annoying. An FC does not have the option of aligning out and making an escape as I do.

I am in a position in the game right now where the fleets I am on will probably never need a monitor, but I can see why itā€™s healthy for the game.

3 Likes

lol ā€˜famousā€™

Channel zarvox anyone? :rofl:

If you want to be eve famous, you pay the price.

2 Likes

Not all of us want to be Eve famous, sometimes it just happens on latenight hellcamps. -_-

And some FCā€™s are genuinely really good, not just infamous because of their ragestreaming or because they have a great singing voice. These guys generally avoid the spotlight but it finds them anyways.

So for example, just go into Amarr FW space and name your ship trigger99. Watch every minmatar in a 20 jump radius come and try to hunt you down because you might be an alt. He never streams, and he is pure solo.

Still we use real-world military analogy to create games.
Better compare everything then exclude it.

1 Like

cant think of one that doesnt stream or constantly post on reddit/blogs

this guy? are you kidding me? lol

Yess!!

Are you actually arguing that streaming and blogging about Eve is a bad thing?

I like watching Twitch streams and interviews.

Iā€™m not a huge fan personally - if the problem that you are trying to address is the identification and head-shotting of FCā€™s, then make them harder to identify - maybe add something (ship skin/module/rig/whatever) that ā€˜tricksā€™ the overview so names of the pilots canā€™t be seen, just ship ID (name) and corp/alliance tag.

1 Like

never said it was a bad thing, i said theres a price to pay; much like becoming an infamous pirate. People will hunt you down, you will die; cause and effect.

Is that dude killing nubs in highsec really what you think the epitome of a solo pvper is btw?

Oh is that what I wrote? I guess so!

:::snickers at the jealousy::::

No, I think the epitome of a solo PvPer in EVE is the dude costing dozens of people hundreds of billions of ISK every single day, day in, day out, without fail, like freakinā€™ clockwork.

ā€¦ you know, the Market alt that never undocks.

4 Likes

I like the idea of the Monitor, A LOT.

Butā€¦ itā€™s WAY too slow. Specifically, the warp speed needs to be faster. Needs some way to get on killmails! As it is, FCā€™s are so busy we miss out on half or more of the killmails, this means we get on none.

As it is, itā€™s useless to use with frigate/dessie fleets and most cruiser fleets, because of how much itā€™ll slow down fleet warps in particular.

Hard to say for certain, but I suspect itā€™s going to end up too expensive for the tradeoffs you take and the tank you get.

GG

1 Like

jealousy?

Doesnt look like very good content, just some dude, killing nubs; in highsecā€¦ gj bro, bet that really tested your capabilities and theirsā€¦

lol

2 Likes

A.k.a.: I got killed in highsec recently and Iā€™m pissed off about it.

dont live in highsec, you can find me in syndicate.

Just wanted to quote some top notch suggestions in this thread that i think are very much worth the attention of @CCP_Fozzie

Also any FC worthy of the FC label multiboxes, and any fleet going into a situation where youā€™ll be fighting a fleet that can alpha your FC, should have redundancies in the form of secondary and tertiary FCs and anchors. If your anchor is obvious by its ship type and you count on that for your salvation rather then have fallbacks, dont expect your fleet to last on a sizeable engagement.

Any experienced FC needing an invulnerable ship to FC from and claim the line of ā€œif i die from loosing this one ship then all the content dies with meā€ is full of ā– ā– ā– ā–  and trying to meta players and a change that theyā€™re not going to use, and/or be in any way positively affected with.

also if you want to foster the growth of more FCā€™s then maybe foster a mechanic that doesnt put an already established FC in a pretty untouchable box so that he doesnt need to share his secret sauce on how to be such a good commander of people. its just a lazy recipe for stagnation and uninspired gameplay.

7 Likes