[March] The Monitor Flag Cruiser

I think there should still be scope for solo play, and that would be doable too, just not in the way it is atm…

This will be used by alts as a bait ship getting people to aggress on stations and the like by solo pvp’ers, maybe also for travel. If you truly want this used as only an FC ship, the defensive capabilities should scale with the size of the fleet it is in. If “Headshotting” is a problem for large fleets, make a relatively regular ship with no offensive capability whose defense scales proportionate to the size of the fleet it is in. As the FC loses his fleet, he is easier to kill, etc.

2 Likes

Why? Why the must? If someone only wants to command his fleet like a chess player, why shouldn’t he be allowed to?

Why he should? He can play chess.

You can’t do this. People will fill fleets with afk alpha accounts to boost the FC ship resists.

Low mass, small signature, high movility.

Yea, @Lugburz and then the 2nd gets headshot, then the 3rd …

I have been in fights where I have had 5-6 fc’s in a row promptly get headshot off the field; we’re not always able to track or eliminate the spai in fleet as fast as we’d like, after all.

Please adjust the ship so that FC’s have some way to appear on the killmails. Maybe another medium slot and the ability to fit target painters? Can you limit it so they can only fit 1 target painter somehow? I also like the idea of 1 high slot but civilian turret only. I just think that the majority of FC’s will not fly this ship if they have 0 chance of getting on the killmails. FC’s want killmails just like everyone else. Perhaps even more than most.

Getting on a killmail isn’t really the goal of an FC.

5 Likes

I think at this point it should be clear as water which is not polluted that not every FC is the same. Some dont really care about killboards some do. Thoose who dont would still have the choise not to fit a civilian gun and thoose who want to be in the green fields of glory could choose to be.

I dont see how would this hurt anyone.

not seen that myself, mostly the only time ive seen a call for headshot is if they keep running, vastly outnumber us or are disliked; Ive been in a lot of fleets in the last ten years…

Well done. Good change to see. While it caters to the few, these few are often the content drivers/creators in eve online. Guys who dont FC might not see the value in it.

Having guys spend 3 hours prepping, travelling and organizing a fleet to be headshot in the first 5 minutes is frustrating and could easily drive them away from fc’ing or the game.

@CCP_Fozzie
Would it be possible to give the ship a single high slot, and a hardpoint for 1 turret, 1 launcher, and then create a (small) dedicated ‘ammo’ bay so it can’t shuttle blueprints or any other small items other than ammo?

That would keep the integrity of the idea, without depriving content providers of their ability to show up on the killmail, and wouldn’t add any significant game-changing abilities to the craft.

Reading comments here is a lot of entertainment. :joy:

I even feel sorry for CCP Fozzie. I hope he doesnt take comments here too seriously, just like me.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

Real-world warfare tends be full of a lot of objectively “unfun” parts. You include too much unfun in any game, then it starts to suck. Hard. You have to look at game features individually and how they interact with the rest of the game.

Having an analogous example IRL is a poor reason to add or maintain a feature, unless you’re trying to make an accurate simulator.

A case could be made that learning how to cry effectively is adaptation…

Yup. Or if a cyno get popped in mid-jump, you have the entire fleet scrambling to warp to the FC. Had one fight where we lost 4 FCs before enough of the logi were on-grid to keep them alive. Another where bad cyno placement cost us 5 FCs in under a minute. (pre-T3 change Tengus with blaster proteii at 0. Ouch.)

A deep bench is important.

2 Likes

The idea is a good one… but it suffers from having no way to get on kill mails. You could have a High Slot to allow a single weapon but restrict it via the CPU/PG to only Civilian weapons or with a 100% damage nerf. That way it could a) get on kill mails and b) direct assigned drones. Alternatively you could give it a utility Mid that could take, say, a target painter, again with a nerf to effectiveness so as to allow it to tag on kills.

1 Like

:popcorn:

2 Likes