[March] The Monitor Flag Cruiser

I seriously feel like this is ship is just a resource dump for lack of better ideas.

2 Likes

I just want to know when the game devs switched their focus within EVE to keeping people and their assets safe and near-indestructible. Or when the ethos of ā€œadapt or dieā€ died itself.

Itā€™s almost as if the rise in use of headshot tactics are a mere sign that the long-running single point of failure within these fleet setups was something that needs to be addressed internally, not through altering game mechanics to support bad gameplay. But hey, better to cry to CCP and have them fix a problem of our own making right?

1 Like

I get that this is probably CCPs and CSMs solution to lack of content. But this is a foolish idea. The idea of fleet battles in PVP requires a good ā€œbackboneā€ of FCs that can take over. The idea of being thrust into a larger than life fleet fight is what makes it rather dramatic.

Logi is also another vital aspect of fleet composition. Namely logi keeping the FC, DPS, and themselves alive. I feel this removes a vital aspect of fleet PVP. The gravitas of keeping the FC alive is gone, the drama over the headshot, and the ability for a fight to change odds so quickly be removing an FC from the field.

Furthermore, the emphasis shifts to DPS. DPS is great for roaming gangs, Purples fleet-ups - like Spectre, but I feel like itā€™s a quiet nerf to logi ships and the stakes of a fleet fight in general.

other ships still would do a better job at TPing then this ship. As the suggested bonus was range, not effectiveness, and even the range bonus wouldnā€™t have to be as high % as the recon ships.

This does bring up the issue that Target Painting ships do not exsist in the first place, as they are ā€œdouble stackedā€ with Webbing bonuses too. Most people use them as webbing ships and ignore or forget that they have TP bonuses too. But that is for another topic for another day.

Even if it had a cargo bay, a cloaky, max-tanked T3C or even a Yacht would still be better choice to haul small volume, high-value items through highsec. So I donā€™t find any justification for the lack of cargo bay. Also, it might become more popular among highsec suspect baiters than among FCs.

A cruiser which is almost completely invincible in Highsec? Iā€™m sure we will find some use for that :laughing:

1 Like

LOL!! What? What???!!!
Close cargo bay for interceptors!!! StupidParagraph

Actually, isnā€™t that how battles in the real world are fought? A general is very rarely at the direct front line. He stays behind the troops and directs them.

1 Like

So ccp are changing the core eve mechanic of ā€˜Adapt or Dieā€™ to ā€˜Cry like a bitch at something then weā€™ll adapt it to you!ā€™

5 Likes

mehā€¦

waste of resources, Iā€™d so much rather see some more serious work on battleships and other stuff all the way around, the changes posted for march are a good start, but just a start. hell, iā€™d have been happier if you put in a new shuttle instead of this into the game.

Just a thing.
Give it 3 high slots.
1-probe launcher.
2-Claok.
3-Small haw gun.

We like our KBā€™s to be green and the highs allow for some wormholer standard equipment.

I agree with most of the sentiments expressed above

I am no FC, but Iā€™m a player, and IMHO, an FC MUST be able to do more than just sit there in an iron cocoon & call plays like heā€™s watching a football game on a couch.

For the sake of all that is holy to the Amarr empire, at least give the ship a single cheap-ass medium gun capability, or nerfed light-missile capacity, or a cloak, or a salvager to help clean up the field, maybe a tractor beam speciality, or ā€¦ well ā€¦ something ā€¦ ANYthing that he can do by at least pushing a single button.

Have a heart.

eleuth

1 Like

If there is a lack of content its due to CCP letting the sovblocs have their way and allowing them to rent out other regions to players, allowing local channel in nullsec and allowing the static way in which ratting and mining systems work in nullsec. Everyone knows this. This only benefits the players that partake in said farming and these are the ones that do not want the change.

Imagine if you will sov null that now has no local channel because theres not enough adm or specific structureā€¦ imagine that rats made incursions or forward operating bases that attacked the sov structures in order to gain their space back.
What youd be left with is an ever changing combat zone for sovblocs to rat in that would be more migratory than static, space to move undetected, tactics and strategies that have been left out of the game entirley and huge swathes of space seemingly left empty but, much like jspace, there would be a ton of smaller groups living and working togetherā€¦
What we have here currently is a system that rewards laziness i guess but in essence if there was plausability for more border skirmishes and it was harder to ā€˜rent spaceā€™ unless you were overly dedicated to it the game would probably not be occupied by large groups that simply want to sit on citadels looking at each otherā€¦ AND I WILL BET YOU now you cant tether with fighters out horde and other groups like the imperium will not be doing another 9-4, the supers and titans will already be back in hiding.

In effect rewarding risk averseness then scratching your head and asking where did all the content goā€¦ and attempting to fix it byā€¦ making it even easier for the same people to do the same thingā€¦ is ā€¦ a cycle developers probably shouldnt be taking.

1 Like

fly damnation

The idea with a command ship is good, but why make it so highly specialized?
@CCP_Fozzie
Monitor can be make on the basis of T2 Battlecruisers (there are so many Cruisers already) and make it wich two modes:

1. The main mode is T2 Battlecruisers Command Ship without significant weapon bonuses, but can connect 3 impulse optimizers at the same time with efficiency equal to T2 BC, and bonuses for ECM support: target painter, Target Spectrum Breaker etc.
    4 hi slots for missile
    As a result, the first mode is an improved T2 command BC

2. The ability to fited and turn on the Bastion Module (zero speed, high resist at all, increasing range and target capture speed target, 100% resist to the ECM, a small signature), but switching off the impulse optimizers and a significant penalty to the efficiency of all the ECM modules

As a result, the second mode is an stopped, unarmed ship possessing EXP equal CAP-ship

A question as an interested observer (not an FC so wonā€™t comment on the usability of the Monitor). Would it not have been better to introduce some form of dps capping module instead? One that would mitigate enough damage to keep an FC on field for whatever the length of time deemed fair would be.

It would also allow a strategic choice between running the ablative field with reduced offensive capabilty (reduce damage as power is diverted to the field), or be a part of the combat but risk being shot. In my view a flagship should be a powerful combat ship with improved CIC capabilities, though EvE would need to trade these of against each other dynamically to avoid too powerful a ship.

Was any consideration given to a module (amy module, not necessarily my idea) to accomplish this instead of what appears to be a one trick pony ship with all the resources that go into producing it (in dev terms)? If so Iā€™m interested to understand why it was discounted.

Also btw FW needs a revamp ccp, feel free to put any time or resources into it instead of wasting your time and money on shitty ships that youā€™re implementing just to please a few null sec dudes.

1 Like

+1 With that. The lake of content is due to the formation of the blue donuts.

Active PvE like describe here, NPC Pirate Vs Player live in the SOV, you will force players play together instead of ā€œsolo VNIā€ and ā€œsolo carrierā€ ratting. If players in the SOV donā€™t play the active PVE game, they will lost ADM, lost local view etcā€¦ Very very nice idea !

Itā€™s not all the solution for killing the blue donuts, but patch after patch, I hope you can resolve that. We all hate over-kill and 100 Vs 1 ratio. Fun isnā€™t in anchor + F1, but in strategic teamplay.

1 Like

I love the idea around this ship and it looks amazing. The main problem I have with it being an FC myself is that there is no low damage gun for the use of whoring onto the targets we call primary and because of this I believe it wonā€™t get used as much as intended.

1 Like

Id actually like to see security changes to outlying systems, for example if oulley was gallente for an extanded period of time perhaps it would got to 5.0; just something a bit more concrete than current system, id also like again to see perhaps faction forward operating bases that aid militia (in a way) and shoot at criminals. Right now when you look at facwar areas it looks the same as it always has, the systems are the same, no movement; its not trench warfareā€¦