[March] The Monitor Flag Cruiser

This will be a very helpful addition! I cant wait to see these in action. It will take a lot of the pressure off of the FC and will allow them to take out more fleets. I am interested to see how much these ships will cost. This will even help new FCs get their feet under them if the cost isn’t too insane. That being said these shouldn’t be so cheap that you see them in even micro fleets. Maybe something like Rattlesnake cost or carrier cost.

No. Just no. This is an awful idea.

5 Likes

I suppose it is hard to fit probes if you’ve been banned from threatening to cut someone’s hands off.

Actual comments on the monitor: My immediate thoughts wander to how ■■■■■■ this ship makes FW. Given omniresists of 90+, Extremely large capacitor, and an EHP that is easily over 180k, I can see only issues with this ship, from lingering on the field in a FW site orbiting at just under 30km to both dplex and deny the enemy the plex for a period of time.

This ship is going to cause problems. Do not release it.

A) I agree with the no cargo hold thing to curb abuse as a hauling ship in places like highsec. However perhaps a bookmark bay is in order to let the FC ship do FC things that involve bookmarks?

B) This ship needs some kind of built in 0 damage, 0 effect gun/module that lets users get on kill mails. Forcing choice between having damage and having survivability is a valid choice. Forcing choice between having survivability and having fun is not. We already know through plenty of examples that players will chose the non fun option to gain the advantage. Don’t introduce a new ship/game mechanic/decision where players will be forced, in the race to the bottom, to chose against having fun. Doing so defeats the purpose of this being a game.

C) Give the Monitor a bonus to fitting ship/cargo scanners so that it can do FC things like analyze enemy fleet fits and capabilities letting the FC make counterplay decisions based on that information.

1 Like

Can we have that killmail whore thing for logistics too then?

Any sort of cargo space means tanky blueprint hauler. But being able to mount civilian gun or a single drone is not a bad idea for killmail purposes. Just make it extremely minimal dps whatever it is.

One issue I see is the align time makes it only useful for larger BC/BS fleets and not much use for smaller faster doctrines. The ship should be able to match the doctrines normal speeds as well as have similar align or faster align times than the rest of the fleet. Maybe make the align and subwarp more on par with faster cruiser class ships.

Dual boxing, one ship tanks and another ship ( maybe polarized) shoots.

So the solution is to take a person out of the fight to just watch? This seems really dumb.

What most guys here don’t understand that any sort of whoring module on it will make it the ultimate whoring ship. You’ll see it everywhere then, keepstar fights, super battles, jita undock, etc all 3rd party entities will form fleets of just monitor ships only to whore on killmails. It will be hilarious and stupid. So it’s good that it does not have any whoring mod.

4 Likes

Maybe we just need a better way for FC AND logi to get credit for their work. Being on grid and repping someone on the killmail includes the logi and being in fleet on grid in some leadership position in fleet setup also gives credit.

2 Likes

I agree. Kill mails should include everyone in the fleet and present on the site when the kill happened and not just the people who used aggressive mods.

1 Like

I agree too but this is off topic and has nothing to do with the Monitor. And good luck suggesting it, you will only get negative reactions. I tried that once.

I like the idea of the new ship, but it needs guns or missiles of some sort.

Maybe allow for undersized guns only (aka a role restriction bonus that makes it only able to fit light missiles or small guns). The ship sacrifices DPS for tank, as it should, but it shouldn’t completely forgo doing something. I mean, FC’s like to shoot too!

So bonuses should only be to tank, meaning any guns placed on the ship will be very weak, but allow the FC able to shoot at and agress the target ect.

Putting its DPS to near 0 (but not 0) should keep it away from being a main line ship, since it lacks any significant damage. Ergo using Light missiles will give it the range to shoot at the primary, while the rest of the fleet rips it to shreds in whatever fleet comp is being used.

Another idea, would be to let it have guns as per a normal cruiser, but cap the ships DPS.

If its left as is, (aka no guns) I foresee it being used…never, because FC’s like to get kills too.

Scroll up, 4 replies. I clearly mentioned why the monitor should not have a whoring mod/drone.

2 Likes

All comments about having a whore weapon need to be removed as off topic. Real FCs don’t care about showing up on killmails. If you think that’s the most significant thing wrong with this ship then all you’ve done is demonstrate your ignorance. Please go back to Reddit.

1 Like

ya but you wont see it used as a main fleet ship, which is why CCP put no guns on it from the start. Besides, your worry is baseless, because people do that ■■■■ already in frigs during big fights. Having another ship that does it too, isn’t going to change anything.

1 Like

Just have a single high for probes, no guns needed - but, in the theme of calling targets for the fleet, having a target painter mid slot with a bonus to range would be perfect. Just make the ship extremely limited on PG/CPU and then as with the speed modules, give it a bonus 99% PG/CPU reduction on target painter modules.

1 Like

not a bad idea…I like

and it wont be used at all for target painting for dreads…