[March] The Monitor Flag Cruiser

Yes, but most southerners (thanks to Northern history books) know it as the Merrimack still

Not the Virginians, Georgians, Mississippians, or Cajuns Iā€™ve known. :woman_shrugging:

Nice travel ship for wardec situ, thanks. Cannot agress, can burn back to gates with excellent EHP, and low signature. If you can please also grant bubble immunity then can be used in nullsec too.

Otherwise amazing focus on large scale conflicts again.

Well i must say actually CCP i have completely 100% changed my mind, i think if this is good for a few fcā€™s then it should be implementedā€¦ on the next pass you can give us few folks that like to solo pvp ā€˜thatā€™ ship we have been needing for such a long long time; afterall, we create content for thousands of players by simply being out in space on our own. :smiley:

I think a ship that can warp whilst cloaked, interdiction nullified and has a damage cap limit so it doesnt matter how many people are shooting you after it is reached - i mean, its only fairā€¦ right?

1 Like

Oh god no. Can we please get rid of this idea of ā€˜a safe ship to travel inā€™? Please? And get rid of bubble-immunity on interceptors while weā€™re at it.

You know game developers tend to overheat their sarcasm resists, right? You might actually get that ship.

2 Likes

YES!!!

It should have 5 doomsday mounts, so solo pvpers can go about their business at making videos without being interrupted by carebears with infinite large wallets.

Of course a 1 million strength 6 hour ecm modules, just to make sure, so people think twice or not to bring ecm drones.

Neuts will make the neuting ships offline all modules and die horribly without being able to warp for 1 week.
Smartbombs will have a negative effect on that ship and reflect and repel all incoming damage from a smartbomb.
The smartbomb damage is being taken by the ship(s) with the smartbomb on.

Interdictor nullified, for better videos with less cutting out the bubble camps. 0.1s align time and +40 warp strength.
With a signature radius of 0.01mm this cruiser should not take too long to get a lock on and the 100% signature radius penalty role bonus will make this solo pvp boat a good all-rounder.
Of course this ships should be immune to all forms of electronic and capacitor warfare, with a 750% turret damage and optimal range bonus for the 2x small hybrid turrets and a 1000% drone damage and hitpoints for 2x medium drones it can carry.

The IMAWRECKYOU cruiser only comes with 8 tubes of heavy fighters and 6 light or support fighters.
No fighters launched from that ship can be targeted or damaged.

And to not make this too powerful, it can use the GTFO module which is created only for solo pvpers and can only be fit to that ship.
Only citizens of New Eden with one account can fly this ship.

I pre-order 6 or 7 of them and go on a roam in delve.

3 Likes

but i think they should balance, maybe make it so it cant fit a civilian railgun or target painter?

2 Likes

Hi CCP id like to recommend that instead of a new ship type for FCā€™s i would like to see a new Sub System for the already heavily used T3Cruisers that most FCā€™s use that would do much of the same things such as weapons dont work and buff resists. Thnx for reading my post in advance

Iā€™ve been scanning through this thread and I have to agree with what most people have been saying.

This ship is the most stupid idea ever and is pandering to people with stupid ideas.

This ship will be abused in every way described above and more.

Why not create module that can be fitted to certain ships that when activated gives effects similar to this but has the added effect of disabling warp drive and gate travel for 3-5 minutes after it has ended itā€™s cycle.

That means that anyone who tries to abuse this mechanic for GTFO purposes will die in a fire and anyone who uses this in fleet combat is basically committing to the fight. So it needs to be an expensive ship with some harsh penalties for getting killed. I wonder if we already have anything like that? Oh yeah! T3Cā€™s!

So make a module similar to a command burst module that requires some kind of fuel to run.
On activation it applies these effects:
30 second cycle
Capacity to fit 10 cycles of fuel
Can not receive remote repair
120 second reload timer
Can not warp / jump / gate travel for 180 seconds after module deactivation.
-90% signature radius
+95% all resistances
-75% cycle time of Armour repair / Shield Booster
-90% capacitor needs of Armour rep / Shield Booster
-95% damage to weapons and drones
+95% resistance to energy neuts and EWAR and webs

This way, no new ship needed. Just a module and some changes to the support sub system.

That cool looking new ship can be made into something else. Concord attack battle cruiser?

3 Likes

The irony.

If this was some troll post about improving survivability for the solo player everyone would be foaming at the mouth and proudly paraphrasing ā€œEve is hard/adaptā€.

But because this is a fleet buff, no matter how artificial, nearly everyone nods wisely as if it is all perfectly respectable.

Philosophical objections aside thoā€¦I think the idea could be improved/ taken a lot further. Why not ditch the ā€˜just another pilotā€™ pretense and give FCs a new fancy mobile camera interface instead of a ship, this could open the opportunity for a whole new FC experience in Eve with a whole new tailored interface to help them direct their minions. Sort of like Total War in space.

Are you reading the same thread as everyone else? The one full of ā€˜this ship is a bad ideaā€™, ā€˜this ship is inadequateā€™, and ā€˜this ship wonā€™t be used for anything but bumping freightersā€™?

No, I only flicked thru a few at random and fired off my postā€¦ Agree there is more dissent than I thought :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the great discussion everyone! Iā€™ve caught myself up with the thread and will be adding a few more bits to the FAQ at the top over time.

Weā€™ve also discussed some of the feedback so far internally and decided to make some changes to the Monitor to directly address some of the well reasoned requests raised in this thread: namely the requests for probes and a way to get on killmails.

• Add one highslot and an additional midslot
  • Add a 10m3 Ammo Bay
  • Three new role bonuses:
    • 99.9% reduction in powergrid and cpu requirements for Scan Probe Launcher and Target Painter modules
    • 300% bonus to Target Painter optimal range
    • 99% reduction in Target Painter effectiveness

The main impacts of this change are the ability to fit a probe launcher (and hold some probes), as well as use a target painter with extremely long range but extremely weak painting. As side effects it also allows triple-prop fits and auto-targeters both of which weā€™re fine with.

Keep the feedback coming!

10 Likes

Can you elaborate a bit on the warp speed concern in particular? This ship has the same warp speed as normal T2 cruisers (faster than T1 cruisers).
Itā€™s completely intentional that the Monitor has a slower warp speed than frigates and destroyers, and that it canā€™t keep up with the fastest cruiser doctrines (Cynabals and hyperspatial rigged cruisers) but Iā€™d like to hear more about the potential of it not keeping up with ā€œmost cruiser fleetsā€. Would a non-hyperspatial logistics ship for instance be too slow for these cruiser fleets?

As for the subwarp speeds and align times, keep in mind that the numbers listed on ship balance threads are always before skills or bonuses take effect. Agility in particular gets better on this ship in practice once the pilot trains some levels of Gallente Cruiser.

3 Likes

The blueprint for this ship will just be available in BPC form at this time, with BPCs sold through the CONCORD LP store.
There isnā€™t a player-flyable T1 version of the CONCORD cruiser at this time so we donā€™t have any good candidates for invention.

3 Likes

@CCP_Fozzie do you have any comment about well-meaning comments from some FCā€™s, that making FCā€™s too strong could reduce the overall talent pool over time? Backup FCā€™s gain experience when they have to take over, because the lead FC is knocked out.

Is that seen as biased toward large groups that have more players to draw from, in the first place? (Small groups may be lucky to have even one player motivated enough to take a fleet out.)

1 Like

Instead of the 99% reduction and range bonus, you should just introduce a Monitor only target painter:

Wiyrkomi Harmonized Optimal Ranged Extron

Please?

14 Likes

I like this Idea, and make this module capable of be used on anything. Right now, TP canā€™t be used on some structures (canā€™t remember which one)

2 Likes

Good changes. The ship is now useful.

Its still low tank.
Its ehp is high because its dual tank, but its strongest setup, armor, its still weaker than both legion or damnation.
and for shield, its still lower than all the shield command ships when you dont add in the ehp from the oposite tank

1 Like