[March] The Monitor Flag Cruiser

It has the sig of a frig. That alone gives it a shitton more tank than a CS.

4 Likes

Is the Monitor Flag Cruiser supposed to be a go to FC ship ?

I must ask why the range bonus for the tp.
It can be activated even when the target is not in range, so a range bonus doesn’t help anything for whoring.

@CCP_Fozzie are there any concerns with this being used as an unkillable exploration ship? Come after this ship solo say in an astero, yes it can’t fight back, but its going to take me an hour to kill it?

edit: Disregard, didn’t see the note about only being able to fit prop mods in the mids, and now additional TP

How can it? It can’t fit hacking modules, it can’t fit anything but 10m3 ammo and it has no offensive capability… worst exploration ship ever!

1 Like

Agreed. The target painter bonus is silly. It’s only there to whore so just leave it as a regular target painter with no bonuses or remove the range bonus.

Can’t you fit hacking mods on any ship with a midslot that can fit the pwg/cpu? yes there are no bonuses to it like exploration ships, but the affect of people getting bored enough to give up trying to kill you seems pretty nifty.

This is a good point. Can’t whore on structures with a TP

Pretty sure it can only fit TP and some propulsion modules. Like I think it was limited unless they changed that. With 3 PG and 1 CPU can it even fit hacking modules?

Ah you are correct

Never thought about this. Maybe it should have it’s own “Flag Ship Hardener” which would either give it resists to armour OR resists to Shield but not both. Then you can make the EHP 75% of what it is now but only for armour or for shields.

1 Like

With them enforcing only certain modules being able to be fitted that prevents the annoying unkillable hacking ship. The still remaining use case is just using it to scan down all teh sites in your system/pocket/whatever to BM and come back in a better ship. Which at that point maybe it doesn’t matter, just kill them when they come back.

Why not just make it able to fit a Target Spectrum Breaker?

And here is why I don’t like this ship, the ever growing list of limits and special cases just scream that it’s wrong to me.

4 Likes

While I agree that head-shotting an FC is a terrible tactic that is bad for the game, I have to agree with your sentiment about how many things have to be tweaked to make this ship work. Bottom line, if an FC is being rated by how many kills he is getting, then he is FC’ing for the WRONG corp/alliance. I used to logi when I lived in null sec. The Scimitar was the ship of choice in our meta. but I never, ever put any kind of whoring module on my ship. My job was to save others, and if I had time to worry about killmails, then I was not doing my job.

Same goes for an FC.

6 Likes

This is looking for a problem were this is none.

FC’ing is as simple as getting some people together and going roaming. If you can’t achieve that simple task on your own. CCP nor anyone else needs to be wasting time babysitting someone to get to that point.

Head FC’s tend to stay Head FC’s until they can’t FC anymore. Those that follow them are not getting the bulk of their learning from those moments the FC is blown up in a fight. They learn from organizing there own fleets and getting their hands dirty on their own terms.

The “Talent pool” is as big or little as people are willing to play the role in the game.

3 Likes

I was attempting to TL;DR from some detailed comments I read in this thread.

I tend to agree. If you’re going to try to make one ship that then needs a special-exception-just-this-once rule for literally everything (Highs: Only Probe Launchers and Auto-targeters! Mids: Just props and TP! Lows: Just the thing that switches the tank type! Rigs: Just this brand new rig that tells every other fleet ‘I AM NOT THE FC PLEASE DON’T HEADSHOT ME YOU MEANIES’!! Cargo: AMMO BAY!) and each of these things seems to need its very own very special just-this-ship module…

Seriously, @CCP_Fozzie just do a line of T1 CONCORD ships if you want to re-use the hulls—which really are awesome and should be seen more. This is still just a Command Ship that can’t boost, with half its EHP in the wrong tank… and it’s becoming more and more of a Byzantine mess as it goes.

Edit: I mean, c’mon, this is getting ridiculous enough that Dinsdale just posted something I agree with 100%. Dinsdale is posting things a Goon agrees with, right down to ‘never put any kind of whoring module on my logi’. That should tell you something.

7 Likes

Needs a probe launcher. Combat probes are a needed tool for any good FC

"99.9% reduction in powergrid and cpu requirements for Scan Probe Launcher and Target Painter modules"
Did you not read ?