[March] The Monitor Flag Cruiser

Also i agree with Arrendis… If you need so many Special rules on a ships then something is wrong with the ship, just kill it and focus on something sensable

3 Likes

Then there clearly isn’t a need for this type of ship.

All CCP is doing is attempting to curb a valid strategy because they don’t like it. They’re catering to groups that refuse to come up with a counter on their own, and instead whine about the fights ending early because they insist on putting all their eggs into one basket.

1 Like

I disagree. Getting rid of an FC is just as valid as getting rid of logi.

How many logi pilots do you bring to a fight? Just one? And once that one is blown up, do you just give up and go home? No?

Then why are you doing that with FCs? Treat FCs like you treat logi and this becomes a non-issue.

7 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: 10/10 :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

With the introduction of the target painter, something should be done then to prevent drone assist assignment, otherwise this ship just gained significant combat potential when backed up by drone-heavy fleet.

Are you still wasting your god damn time on this rubbish of a ship?! GET TO WORK ON THE HAC!

1 Like

Understanding well how TPs work myself, the Ewar modules don’t cycle fast enough for FCs to paint their targets in time, (experienced TP Hyena pilot) Also I’ve had issues in the past where I have clearly painted certain players ships before being destroyed and not being given credit on a the killmails.

what about removing the TP optimal range bonus, as it doesn’t matter anyways due to 99% effectiveness reduction. the manpower needed for that line of code could be better distributed to delete the chat-bubbles-code

What prevents the Painter from being used as a Drone Assist to targets? With its EWAR resiliance, adds to its ideal for a such a role.

1 Like

But wait there is more.

With lazy game design like this, is it safe to say the days of this being a complex MMO are over? What’s wrong with making players put some thought into their fits? Can you please stop making EVE ■■■■?

9 Likes

Very much no, it is not. They are not.

Good changes but just small thought, inspired by old stuff.

Why not add back Reverb Target Painter module (same as regular TP but can be fitted only to high slot)?
That way you don’t have to add mid-slot to Monitor and also give a nice boost to Maraudeurs (Golem especially) and some other ships with useless utility slot.

1 Like

How are you planning to handle the fact that this works so much better in an armour doctrine due to slaves?

Shield slaves, obviously! :laughing:

1 Like

This ship does not belong in New Eden. There are two huge issues with this ship.

The first is the futility and dubiousness of designing the game around current player behaviors and wishes. Look how terrible citadels were (and still are quite frankly!) when they were basically tailored to the players and their wishes, rather than the players adapting to a mechanic that stands on its own merits. The player made problem of headshotting an FC deserves a player made solution - it’s quite frankly insulting you think players are so thoroughly un-creative or insufficiently resourceful as to no longer be able to handle fleet warfare - they need their hands held, and top down design needs to be enforced to define the ways and means that are optimal in the so called sandbox of New Eden.

The second huge issue is, EVE as a game is unique because of consequences, consequences of decisions and trade-offs and behaviors. No other game has consequences like EVE used to, which used to provide a singularly refreshing experience in the gaming world. Yet an overwhelming number of the design decisions these days alleviate and soften that entire experience by removing all semblance of risk and consequences, completely removing all personal responsibilities for the line pilot. The game is now Fleet Fight Simulator 2K18 - Minerals are harvested risk-free care of the current Rorqual iteration, and the Monitor basically lowers the skill cap of the line pilot by a huge margin - they are now never expected to fly their own ship, never expected to have grid awareness, and can always depend on an FC holding their hand like the alliance intel channel. There’s no more responsibility or risk really. New Eden is pretty much defanged in its entirety - the only thing left that is brutal is how efficiently you have empowered tyrants.

Part of the fun of fleets in this game has always been the teamwork aspect. Now you don’t really need a team - You have an invincible FC that can always run a multitude of previously indispensable tasks from a ship tailor made for it. This is a gigantic buff to large blocs who now require even less skill to leverage huge numbers.

7 Likes

Headshotting the FC is an exceptional tactic that makes EVE have consequences and complexity not found in other games. If i wanted to play a game that rigidly defines player behavior and tactics (and counter tactics), surely there are many other choices out there.

2 Likes

This is bad because it is a ship designed specifically to counter emergent behavior. I guess we need a solo pwn mobile now…a marauder that can one shot any tackle and tank the supers that get inevitably dropped on it right? Because it’s a problem but it’s a behavior problem…so give me my ship to counter other’s behavior because I don’t like dying!

2 Likes

for the dmg part where people are saying the fc cannot get into killmails make a “modified” target painter that deals 1dmg every 5 sec or no damage that can fit at a high slot, only to those fc ships can fit them or “for the non fun but easy way” enough cpu and pg for a civilian turret

As a non FC player (I build things so you can blow them up), why would an FC not fly in a cloaky t3c for instance? You can still probe as long as you launch befor cloaking, and you can’t be headshot if you can’t be seen.

1 Like