[March] The Monitor Flag Cruiser

cant be a gun otherwise it will be abused. no FCs that are gonna use this ship care about getting on killmails anyways. just needs a probe launcher

Industry-wise:

1. Will the BPO be for sale?
  2. Will it be a Concord BPC?
  3. Will it be invented like other T2 ships?

This thread is going places

2 Likes

Why? No idea how to fix current Command Ships?

4 Likes

I think that a whore gun would be nice, though I’m sure they could use a target painter instead of dual props. It’s biggest problem will be the ‘let’s web that thing down’, of course, so they will have to clear tackle for it.

2 Likes

That’s a good thing though, it’s not supposed to be THE FC ship, there are often going to be way better options than this, it’s just for people who don’t want to be headshot at all costs

lol no

2 Likes

Then fly a Legion or a Damnation. Or a Claymore, Vulture or Tengu.

4 Likes

Needs a high slot or two for probes and a whore Gunn :slight_smile: fcs deserve to be on KMs =D

1 Like

I for one like the idea, This may not be the place for this but I for one would like to see a ship along these lines that would be based on the commerce raider of WW 2.
A ship that could be used for say mining/hulling or out fitted as a fast attack ship.
The ship could be a limited edition class given away by CCP as a prize or found as a drop via blue print.
while doing execrations…
The ships should look like any huller or mining ship now in play…
Perhaps the best way to do so would to add a drone bay to them that would be used for only light to medium drones…

Exactly! Those are all better options in a lot of situations. This isn’t as limited as them for tank, and has way lower sig with TP resistance so harder to be headshot.

So a Command Ship that can’t run Command Links and is basically just a platform for a very small number of FCs (or streamers) to watch “the fight” from.

Oh and probably a pretty good “tank” to use on L-IV and L-V missions.

2 Likes

Streamers’ best defense are not HB but the cloak. If a streamer is not cloaked, it will be caught and worn down, massive EHP or not.

@Suitonia Yea, and no one needs such a ship.

2 Likes

Without probes and a whoregun (or 0% target painter), they’re better in EVERY situation over the Monitor.

1 Like

One ship for all fractions ?

i think this might be used by more then Just FC’s what’s to stop it from being used by someone traveling like a hard to kill interceptor or something if it’s immune from Ewar no scrams or webs its. its tank would give it enough to survive a smart bombing gate camp or really any gate camp

Just keep shoehorning in bandaids to deeper problems in the meta it’s been working out great so far

1 Like

Why would you ever use this ship for traveling? It has a 13 second align time and warps at a godawful speed

3 Likes

As a simple added ship this won’t damage the game. But it needs a way to get on the kms. Maybe space & bandwdith for a single small drone ? and extra control range of course.

2 Likes

■■■■ that about the probe launcher on the Monitor ship, there is dedicated people for that role, if you dont have a guy doing that, get one, stupid ideas like that one kills aspects of the game that some people love to do like being a prober in the fleet.

1 Like