[March] The Monitor Flag Cruiser

Yea Ive had maxed tanked t3s and command ships while I was in slaves alpha’d off the fleet several times. When the FC’s get headshot it ends the fight. The fight is why we are all there so we can enjoy it. Ending it prematurely because the opposing team used coward tactics denies everyone of fun.

I for one like the change. Alive FC == more fights.

And for what its worth … I will donate a few of those to common public fleet FCs :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Then every person on that team gets headshot, one after another.

I understand WHY you’re going this direction with a ship like this. Not saying I think it’s the right way to do it, but I get WHY you’re going this way. But yeah, you at least need to either make it a specific module to get on KM’s or let it use TP’s or something.

1 Like

Here is a example of ships I use when FCing.

Here is an example of the implants I use to FC with.

You can invest as much isk as possible to give you max tank and still be easily headshot before you get reps.

4 Likes

Use the covert sub-system next time.

like a cloaky ship that really can only direct the fleet but has to utalise ongrid commanders to do the work?

that i wouldnt mind so much as it would merely be a more appropriate role for some sort of admiral working from a command base but still involving other players.

One cannot but suspect this ship design comes from test, brave or horde fc’s… maybe some goons, but not overly sure about that.

That makes no sense. FC needs to be uncloaked so the fleet can anchor on him and so he can lock the targets he is calling to see when they die. Neither of these things are possible cloaked.

2 Likes

LIES your own word your limited point of view.

Someone clearly wanted to end the fight.
But you didn’t care to why then your fleet attacked.
As long as YOU get YOUR content.

2 Likes

Nope, a fleet ‘commander’ need only command the fleet, they dont need to be in it to actually do that. If you cant rely on others to do their job and feel you have to do everything yourself perhaps you should be looking more closely at your team… or your training methods…

Its not about you, its about the whole fleet, if you cant see that i have some news for you…

4 Likes

'ing f1 monkeiz

2 Likes

The overview tells you the second they “disappear” from the row. Remove escape pod from overview, since we can have 8 now.

1 Like

Yeah … you just formed up a big fleet for the fight being over after 5 minutes because you headshot the FC.

And in the end your line members will wonder why nobody wants to fight your alliance anymore, which might lead to them moving elsewhere to get fleet fights. In the end their guns then might point at you.

You clearly won then.

Fleet fights that can headshot FCs have several FCs that can take over.

8 Likes

I’m a long time FC and one of the best combat probers in the game.

As many have said, a flagship MUST have the ability to launch combat probes. Otherwise, FC’s who can afford alts will just use their alt to combat probe. And that combat probing ship can sit on grid cloaked. It provides immense utility without having to be vulnerable, breaking the principle laid out in the dev blog. This puts a chasm between newer and more experienced FCs beyond the traditional fitting/skill restrictions.

I am more in favor of adding flagship rigs instead of flagships. Similar to how the command processor allows more command bursts, a flagship rig could offer any ship in the game higher resists, a reduction in high slots/cargo bay, sig reduction, and propulsion fitting bonuses (although i don’t think propulsion bonuses are needed if the FC ship is the same class as the fleet).

Do not make this ship unless it provides better tank than any other option in the game. T3 Cruiser, Command Ship, Battleship, etc. Another option would be to allow it to fit assault damage controls as well with bonuses to the duration and/or the recharge time. This still gives the opposition the option to headshot, but requires the FC to make decisions about staying on grid. I Imagine this would cause the usual tactic of engage > disengage > reposition > engage to be the same, just with prolonged engagement times.

Do not make FCs train up new flagship skills. Use the leadership skills already in the game.

Final word. If you want more fights, it’s not because FCs aren’t staying on grid, it’s because your citadel and sov mechanics are atrocious.

8 Likes

if their not led by an ego maniac…

ERMIGERD IM DEAD, well the rest of you might aswell go home now because your all absolute sh*te…

Basically what im seeing here.

7 Likes

Your FC gets headshoted, Hmmm solution.

Have 3 backup FC or S*** make everyone an FC.
Give the content of being an FC to everyone instead of 1 single un-killable person.

NO!!?? “You” still want a 1 single un-killable person??!!
Who is killing the CONTENT now?

7 Likes

Sorry but hahahahahahahahahahaha…

1 Like

I just went and looked at your killboard. With all due respect it seems most of the fights you are in are very small in scope. It also appears you don’t do much FCing in large fights and/or fly FC fit type ships. So although you have a perspective it is limited by your knowledge of actually being in that role. I and some of the games most experienced FCs are all enthusiastic about this ship.

1 Like

This is true. But don’t you think being ECM resistant completely is a little OP? Also the fact no probes! Grrr

1 Like