Maria Taylor for CSM 15 | The Chinese Community

That’s the HKG flag. Honestly I dunno why CCP chose that flag instead.

As far as I know:
1.Tidis due to server load balancing, which was mentioned in last CSM minutes.

2.A few translations are not the most appropriate for the context, for example the names of conduits in Abyssal space level 3 and higher:
Proving Conduit–安全导管(which also means“Safe Conduit”)

Origin Conduit–初始导管

In my opinion I would use 起点导管 for Origin Conduit and 试炼导管 for Proving Conduit respectively.

I had seen multiple posts of newbies getting popped for choosing the “safe” conduit since Serenity relaunched.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6622693562
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6689577053
http://bbs.nga.cn/read.php?tid=21769572
I know you can see PVP in the description just by right click and “show info”, but that is just too demanding for newbies.

3.Certain ceontent are blocked by GFW similar to the way of Russians got blocked from chat server.

In the Tiancity era they used to drop Project Discovery on Serenity bceause the web host of test images is somehow blocked by GFW. I don’t think there’s anything offending in the content and it’s just the rules being erratic. I’d hope CCP at least try to respond to such issues and host contents in non-blocked places if possible.

gogogo :blush:

You mention your work in maintaining the IT services for your alliance.

Your main platform seems to be to run as the candidate representing the Chinese community on TQ. With Steve Ronuken not running this year, do you also see yourself as a possible ESI / Third Party Programmer candidate and will you advocate for stronger support for those tools that allow our vibrant ecosystem of third party applications, such as ESI, SSO and the image server / IEC?

1 Like

That’s something I haven’t put much thought into. :open_mouth:

And yes, I would definitely speak for the Third-Party Developers who make our EVE life colorful. Actually they have already submitted tons of brilliant ideas to ESI Issues but as Steve stepping down I doubt if there is anything I can do to reduce the huge backlog CCP has since 2016. I’ll try, anyway.

As a member of the ESI Community team I’m well aware of the amount of issues on the repo ^^ The in-backlog tag pretty much hasn’t been used since Zoetrope stepped down, I believe.

My question was more whether you will make it part of your platform to remind CCP (outside of TechCo :pray:) of the existence of said repository, and ESI as a whole.

Sure it is indeed a thing I should do. :smiley:

你问我兹次不兹次,我当然是兹次的拉!

For my personal, I do not want people to vote just because of the region reasons, I could understand that people are getting really excited to see their “own” people speak out on the to the international. However, that might blank people’s eyes, missed some really great ideas and might lead to the worst unreasonable fight based on the nationality of one person. (In Wikipedia, that, I believe, been seems as unfair voting).

I also hope everyone could speak English, at least in the BBS, that would make everyone easier to communicate with each other.

CSM is one international job, I could not vote for a person who only wish to speak out for the Chinese people. I hope everyone who’s in the CSM could view the problem internationally. Also Ms. Taylor pointed out the problem the Chinese players faced, but did not give any solutions.

I hope Ms. Taylor could update how could she work internationally after she gets the job, also update what would she do after she got the CSM, especially how to solve the problem she points out.

I don’t intend to be regionalist - I just happen to represent these guys that are massive enough but unreachable in the current circumstances. It remains to be seen whether the size of such players reach a point that they deserve their own representative, and I’m here to find it out. On the other hand, extra care will be taken to ensure the quality of communications at a reasonable level and that no weird arguments will be brought on the table.

Solutions can only be given out after I actually know the current situations and the tool I actually have, to determine the viability of them. Creating solutions out of nothing is plain waste of time. Also there exists unresolvable issues that irrelevent people never understand due to some ridiculous external limitation.

And yes, I agree with you that English should be used in public comms. However, enforcing that as a rule would literally prevents any international newcomers who do not possess English skills from speaking out. Community representatives, in this case, would act as a bridge between the wider public and these players unable to speak.

I’m more than happy to put anyone’s suggestions forward provided they are valid points, even though I mainly reside in Chinese community.

Because you’re not supposed to be Chinese and still be in TQ. That’s why there’s a TZ gap (one of the problems that Chinese players face) in Asia pacific timezones. (Why? Two words: Eve Echoes)

(Also, I actually dislike ESI because it affects my ability to just join corps with alts with minimum effort and just try out new things like ns ratting, but just my two cents)

Lastly, I would wish that Ms Maria would be a representative of the entire Chinese community, instead of just Fraternity like many others claiming to represent a community but rather just acts in the interest of their own coalitions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.