Market Elasticity and sales volume

They are used as materials to build the t2 stuff. So all t2 stuff uses it’s counterpart t1 module as materials. Also you can produce the t1 stuff to cut your costs if you have enough production slots , or if don’t just buy them.

Sorry realize that was vague…what I meant was what it the real point of T1 for fits as there is really no use for them other than crafting…

T1 are used if you need a fit to be cheap, if you have power/CPU limitations, also skill limitations, some t2 modules can take weeks to train)

1 Like

I can’t honestly think of a single T1 that I use over a named module though (if available). But I digress…

Yeah t1 stuff are mainly required into industry as I said, and into fitting coming after.

I might start doing my Excel-fu to crank out what likely is the max tradable daily for t2s…

Can you explain this better?

Instead I go for a locust strategy. I’m equipping so I can rapidly switch production to something entirely different. So I have daily production maxed…but I firesale any given product only once in a week.

This means a buyer just doesnt have time to react…and I can out wait them for them to accept prices I want them to sell at.

If I have a way to drive their buy orders I’ll do that too…but am not sure that mechanism yet.

For that y can use adam4eve

I haven’t seen an example yet. Can you show me directly so I can compare? @safira_jomita

Umm, well say if you were to put out a sell order at the price you want a given item to sell at, in a convenient place for both you and the buyer(system that isn’t too difficult to get to and has a citadel with a .1% brokers fee). Then your fellow sell order competition can proceed to .01 ISK you down or just legitimately undercut your price, if you ignore that however, and keep your price you virtually guarantee that the market will swap-over to the demand side and the price will come back up to yours. Only exception being if there is a permanent supply change being material cost to produce said commodity or a drop chance increase in game, as well as maybe a nerf to the function of said commodity.

I have some insight for that last part. This is probably damn near impossible seeing as you’d have to restrict the supply of commodity from all other players and then also not supply yourself as then there would be no-one to buy from forcing them to either create buy orders or just go to a different regional market.

I like it, not all eggs in one basket, best of luck

https://www.adam4eve.eu/commodity.php?regionID=10000002&from=2017-01-01&until=2019-03-08&avg=0&search=Azure+Plagioclase&typeID=17455#

Go to market tab, and y can see almost all info needed to choose what to build, sell, or buy. It shows volumes, orders, margins, etc it has large number of resources, I haven’t used it much so if you do some reading I’m sure there will be a tool fitted for you

1 Like

Thanks I’ll look it over soon. Maybe on lunch

It depends on what I’m selling. If I’m selling PI products that I produced myself, and I just want to dump my cargo and fly back, I will sell to buy orders that are within 10% of the current selling price. 90%+ of the profit with no waiting is fine by me.

If I am trading stuff that I bought on a buy order, then I know what I paid for it and what I can get for it if I wait. In that case, I would likely only sell to a buy order that was ‘unusual’, and within 5% or less of my target price, for a ‘right now, on to trading the next thing’ price.

In the end, your profit is determined by how many ISK you flip per day. Bringing in 200 million profit per day, even if it is only a 2% gain on the items, is better than bringing in 500 million per week because you ‘waited for a better price’.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.