Mass test on Singularity: Friday, May 11th, 2018 for Abyssal Deadspace

Ahoy ahoy!
Pilots of the Abyss,

Read here to learn how to connect to Singularity and join in

We are planning to run a mass test on Singularity on Friday, May 11th, at 18:00 UTC (EVE/New Eden time), this is an hour later than usual so that it is more accessible.

Join the chat channels MassTesting (for instructions from CCP), and MassQuestions (to provide feedback on the mass test).

What's being tested:

• Abyssal Deadspace Server performance
    • Stress Test for concurrent active participants
    • Testing performance of Jumps to and from the Abyss
  • Abyssal Deadspace Client performance
    • We are interested in your clients performance during an Abyssal Deadspace encounter

If we have over 500 players active in this mass test, we may expect to see Time Dilation occur. We will continue monitoring the server during this time, but as this is specifically a test of server performance we do expect it.

Test steps:

Since we are going into the Abyss, you will want to fit yourself into an appropriate Cruiser. If you think you can take on a Tier 5 encounter in a Basilisk, then good luck!
  1. We will start in FD-MLJ, at the station - [FD-MLJ VII - Moon 2 - Intaki Bank Depository]
  2. Fit yourself some cruisers for the testing of Abyssal Deadspace. The more cruisers you have ready the better.
  3. At a designated time, about 18:10 UTC we will undock from the station and prepare to all jump into the Abyss.
  4. When the word is given in the MassTesting chat channel, we will jump simultaneously.
  5. From here on, complete as many Abyssal Deadspace encounters as you can over the next 45-60 minutes.
  6. Further instructions may be given out in the MassTesting chat channel.

Use the command /moveme to be moved to the start system FD-MLJ
2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test

1 Like

How do you add a Steam account to the Singularity launcher ?
Or more precisely, what should I use for the username ?

Where do we get the filaments? Also, a recommended cruiser fit for Tiers 1 and 2 would be appreciated.

t1/t2/faction cruiser u need. filamentsd are seeded on marketa

weeee …
we all go to visit Abyssal … :wink: Clean yourself, put on best dress and and be nice you are going to first time visit, I can not wait to see how hosts will behave …

From the market! They are available for 100 ISK.

thank you for the detailed information. what we will do during the test. I’ll be there. Good luck to all of you all CCP. :wink:

Is singularity down right now? Can’t connect to get ships ready for the mass test.

I don’t know about steam accounts, but a “regular” account on Tranquility works on Singularity with the exact same account details.

hype, been playing with abyss since a few days, I hope we’ll get to see small npc drones back with intelligence

and it’s at time I’m off work, which is cool too

Well I can already tell ya that deviant automata suppressors don’t always activate

My local channel in FD-MLJ is empty (although i see 131 guests docked in [FD-MLJ VII - Moon 2 - Intaki Bank Depository] ). Also MassTesting channel s empty, and on MassQuestions channel it says “This channel is unavailable to you”.

masstesting chanell

I’m not the only one who disconected with the chat server right?

There was a chat server problem, it should be resolved now.

Well, this is just great: CCP Paradox said “We’ll start now, undock etc”, and as soon as i undocked i got a black screen, and the game froze. What to do…?

I keep crashing. I’ll open a bug report(s)…

Can you open the MassTesting channel, the second MassTesting Channel and the MassQuestions Channel please.

Endless crashing. How frustrating. I still haven’t been able to get to the Abyss!!

Chat channels were unavailable before the test and have not become available in the last 35 minutes. Local is still empty of everyone except me. Still 40 of us in the station, are we all waiting for instructions. I know it can’t be helped and this is the point of testing, to see what happens under load. Hope this information is useful to iron out the bugs.