Abyssal PvP Mass Test on Singularity: Thursday, November 8th, 2018

Hey!

We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Thursday, November 8th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!

What exactly is being tested?

• Abyssal Deadspace PvP
    We will be allowing the PvP rooms to spawn from all Tiers for this test (on release it will be Tier 3-5 only).

How to connect to Singularity for this test:

• Change the server from Tranquility to Singularity in the upper left corner of the launcher and log in as normal.
  • More detailed instructions are available here.

Test steps:
The starting system is not a requirement, you will be able to launch into Abyssal Deadspace from any system.

Please join the channels MassTesting (for instructions), MassQuestions (for feedback)

1. Meet up in FD-MLJ
  2. Fit into a cruiser of your choosing to enter Abyssal Deadspace
  3. Buy some Calm Filaments from the market. (Tier 1)
  4. Run Abyssal Deadspace until the last pocket.
  5. Enter through the “Triglavian Proving Grounds” gate.
  6. Compete against another individual in 1v1 duels.

We will be re-running this test several times, please prepare enough fitted cruisers.

What else should I know?

• Must be using Cruisers available to enter Abyssal Deadspace
  • 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test

Title says Tuesday, but thread says Thursday.

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

How does the PvP ground work. So let’s say I’ve gotten to the final room. I got my exit gate and my PvP gate. Do I need to kill the mins before I can go into the PvP gate. And if I win the PvP arena. Do I then come back into the third room or do I exit the abyss pocket from the bonus room?

Also time difference. If someone goes into the arena via LVL 3 they could be speeding past and match with a level 5 player who might have less time as it takes them longer to get to the third pocket.

If I understand correctly, as soon as you kill the NPCs in the final room then the PvP gate (Proving Conduit) will be open to use. You can then go through this, or choose to use the normal gate (Origin Conduit) back to known-space.

When entering PvP, a new timer for 30 minutes will start. There is a little more information here also, https://www.eveonline.com/article/phtxmk/abyssal-onslaught-new-content-coming-to-the-abyss

2 Likes

I’m not seeing anything for the area with 30 mins, the only 30 min reference I see is that for the frig group abyss. we’ll most likely find out more tomorrow but after the proving conduit opens up and I go into it, and finsh it, do I then go back into the 3rd pocket or back into know-space

Hey, guys couldn’t you reward players with skill points for the main server instead of the test server? You could decrease the amount but reward people on Tranquility. Yes I get it you’re rewarding people on Singularity so we can research ships and modules faster for better testing but… Tranquility is the main EVE server.

1 Like

you just answered yourself

1 Like

Good news to know there’s pvp content within the abyssal deadspace.

What I am aware is the T5 players usually have a very expensive fitting both in ships&capsules. Will the dmg really enough to solo destroy a deadspace ship with probably high grade omega implants? I doubt that. Maybe the pvp will be a tie.

Besides, you can hardly add some pvp equipment into the fitting. Neutralizer will be useless since everyone gets a large battery. So are the other electronic systems.

At last, I hope there will be some buffs for turret ships in abyssal. You can only find drones and missile cruises for abyssal.

I feel like t3s will definitely see the most PVP, since you could have fun with ship fits and have more variety in what you can use to make it to the final room. When you reach t5s you need a much more specialized and good ship fit, which doesn’t come cheap & definitely has less of a chance of being risked for near-equivalent loot.

I’m totally planning on coming up with fun t3 fits to hit these zones in :slight_smile:

1 Like

My idea btw

Do we have to set our medical clones to FD-MLJ for faster reshipping? And can we use any Calm Filament (Dark, Gamma, etc.)?

3 Buy some Calm Filaments from the market. (Tier 1)

Is there a limit to the number of ships in the PvP room?

Is there a limit to the number of ships in the PvP room?

high stakes duel to the death where two enter but only one can leave.

I guess it’s 2.

Thanks. I read this on my phone and didn’t see that.

Where did you find that information pleeze?

It’s secret place, with a strange name… “Dev Blogs” it is called. Don’t tell anyone :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi everyone, we’ll be updating Singularity in the next hour just before the Mass Test this might disrupt you but otherwise everything should be good to go to login before 17:00 and join the test. You will still get the 2M skill points rewarded for participating if you show up a little late, but before the test is over.

1 Like

Ships are ready O7