We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Thursday, February 24th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!
What exactly is being tested?
Several changes to our audio and graphics engine, most of them should have no direct visible or audible impact, but we need to test the performance (which should be even slightly better) and stability of the client:
- WWise audio SDK upgrade
- Refactoring of code for ship engine sounds
- Changes to reflections (this one should be visible )
- Preparations for future graphics features
How to connect to Singularity for this test:
- Ensure that the launcher is patched to the latest version (important for Mac)
- Change the server from Tranquility to Singularity in the bottom right corner of the launcher and log in as normal.
- More detailed instructions are available here.
- Please join the channels MassTesting (for instructions), MassQuestions (for feedback)
- Ensure that audio is enabled
- Fly whatever you want
- Join fleet W or X (should be in fleet finder)
Steps (on command by CCP):
- Meet in FD-MLJ, docked (in either station or Upwell structure)
- Undock and warp to X-BV98 gate
- Jump to X-BV98
- Warp to Tatara
- Shoot the Tatara (no other PvP)
- Warp to Poitot gate
- Fleet W: Jump to Poitot and setup camp
- Fleet X: Jump to Poitot and fight
What else should I know?
- Use the command /moveme to be moved to the start system FD-MLJ.
- 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test.
Unless the clone jump issue is resolved before this test, or a public announcement is made regarding the issue, you are going to have to deal with gazillions of players logging on for this test and shouting WHY CANT I CLONE JUMP OMG FIX IT OMG.
The clone jump issue is being worked on. Thanks to whoever sent a bug report about it!
As workaround: it is possible to jump from stations, only Upwell structures seem to be bugged.
Thanks for the update! Do you think that as a quick-hack type of workaround, the clone jump cooldown could be disabled temporarily on Singularity?
This would remove pressure on resolving the bug with jumping in/from Upwell structures.
The clone jump bug should be fixed now on Singularity. No hacks needed.
Thanks so much for taking care of it!
I’m sorry, but I’m a bit confused. The reward will be 2m sp in tranquiity or in singularity?
I mean, skill points in singularity makes any sense?
2 mil sp in sisi. As it states clearly.
You need sp in sisi just as you do on tq to test new fits that you may not be skilled up for or bring your sisi clone up to par with your tq clone if it has more sp than your sisi clone
Did not understand how to get these 2m sp for sisi server
There is no any redeemer items. at doyly campaign.
Read the instruction again (and maybe the title of the post). I think you missed the part where it says it is for a mass test today, Feb 24 at 17:00 UTC.
Not like just login in Singularity for a login reward.
yeah, lasted until about 17:45 UTC
Thanks to everybody who participated! I applied 2M skill points to all participating characters on Singularity.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.