Mass test on Singularity: Tuesday, March 6th, 2018

Hey!

We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Tuesday, March 6th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!

What exactly is being tested?

How to connect to Singularity for this test:
Change the server from Tranquility to Singularity in the upper left corner of the launcher and log in as normal. More detailed instructions are available here. Please note that the current database on Singularity for mirrored from Tranquility in November, so your account needs to be older than this.

Test steps:

1. Meet in FD-MLJ at the gate to X-BV98
  2. Join fleets - check fleet channels
  3. Jump to X-BV98.
  4. Create chat channel / spam test
  5. Warp to Poitot gate
  6. Fleet W: Jump to Poitot + setup gate camp.
  7. Fleet X: Jump to Poitot + fight at the gate

What else should I know?

• Use the command /moveme to be moved to the start system FD-MLJ
  • 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test

any ETA when triglavian ships will be up for grabs along that new gnosis battleship?

i would also suggest some more steps than juump,warp,shoot

talk in local and other channel
invite someone to channel
start private conversation with one player
start conversation with multiple players
join multiple channels

just an idea.

2 Likes

Please remove the chat bubble

3 Likes

I was just on sisi and noticed that all of the player channels I have been in were no longer present. Is this intended and if so should I be making copies of channel names, access lists, motds etc on TQ?

As I mentioned already partially in a different forum thread: The migration of existing channels is currently in internal testing and we are investigating several problems with it. We hope that we are able to sort out this problems soon.

I cannot give you any ETAs for your mentioned topics.

More steps: For sure - we are still working on the exact steps, that’s why I did not add them yet.

1 Like

Yes, you should.

1 Like

Complete failure I am afraid. 20 people asking to join a fleet with no instructions. The masstesting channel doesn’t work, cannot connect.

The instructions ask you to create a spam test but doesn’t explain what that is.

The instructions ask you to warp x and warp y, go figure. Fleet warp doesn’t exist.

This really is not very good at all.

Gave up trying to help. If you want me to be involved you have to try to explain what you want in better detail and get the software so it works 80% of the way with basic functionality in place.

I am sorry to hear that. The channel had a limit of 200 characters.

I went to the test. Interesting idea

MassTestSpam worked for me. The only issue I found was that the game would freeze if somebody spammed everybody’s username.

Thank you for your kind responses.

I am guessing that although I got the invite I am not experienced enough as a player to make sense of the jargon.

I don’t have a clue what people are writing about but this is not a criticism of what you have written, it is obviously me that is inexperienced.

The channel had a limit of 200 characters - what is a channel and what is a character? Is a character something you type into a chat window or a person who types into a chat window? Was the mass test fleet meant to be limited to 200 players or are you saying something else?

I am glad MassTestSpam worked. Unfortunately I do not know what that is or how to access it. It wasn’t mentioned in the instructions.

So my honest, constructive criticism is - when inviting players to the mass test either set out a description of the minimum skills necessary to make a meaningful contribution, so we don’t waste our time and get in the way of the real players - or include some more detailed instructions on how to contribute and what success looks like.

Was this mass test intended to be accessible by everyone who wanted to take part or not?

When will we get the 2m SP on the test server? :slight_smile:

Hi! Thank you all for helping out with this mass test! This test clearly highlighted a few major problems, which are working on fixing now. Due to these problems the mass test flow was interrupted a bit and we failed to communicate properly as our main communication medium was affected.
Yes, regular chat channels were incorrectly limited to 200 players (devs could exceed the limit), which caused problems with joining the MassTesting channel.
My special thanks go to all those who sent bug reports about bugs related to the new chat! Please continue to send bug reports if you find anything further!
I applied 2M skillpoints to 370 characters, who participated, and I hope that I did not miss too many due to the encountered problems.

We will very likely announce another mass test soon, so keep your eyes open.

1 Like

Newbie question: If I now have 2M skill points on Singualrity what can I use them for and how long do they last? When do I use them, do I have to wait for the next test? Would you want me to spend the time testing or using the 2m skill points from the last test? Will these additional skill points disappear when Singularity is updated from Tranquility before the next test cycle?

they will last untill next mirror. they wont disappear. you can use them anyway you want.

on new mirror all skillpints gained from previous masstests goes to new mirror so you lose notthing at all,depending how many massstests you were in afaik max masstest skillpoints transfer is 10mil so if there was in 1 mirror 10 masstests you will get only skillpoints from last 5 so on new mirror you start with extra 10mil sp according to value 1 masstest gives 2mil sp 5 masstests is 10mil sp

Cool thank you

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.