Mike Azariah for CSM 14

Q1, What did you do in previous CSM’s that you wouldn’t do again in this CSM (lessons learned)

Q2. What is one thing you felt that previous CSM’s you’ve contributed to that today we see in-game… what is the direct relationship between you being on the CSM and impact.

These questions go to the heart of “is this the same crowd in the same room with same outcome…or is there differences to be had here”

1 Like

Hmm, probably push a bit harder on follow up. A common question I would ask when a change was presented was “How will you know if the change worked?” I am a big fan of metrics and measure. "Did the change get the results you were hoping for? " is the follow through.

I have been credited as being the guy who managed to push the Bowhead through. I also was on the council that removed officers making us a council of equals, not prom king/queen and entourage.

I understand your worry about ‘same old crowd’ but if you have people that work and work for everyone? You keep them. If you have reps who seem to be less functional? Redundant because they always follow a party line? Replace.

You the voters get to decide whether I am going to be useful.

m

3 Likes

Q3. What is your position on CCP and Reddit. Do you feel they should continue to endorse forums such as this (by way of using this to interact with players) or do you feel its better served in CCP run forums. If so why…

Q4. What do you think is likely the causation for PLEX prices being so high, and how/what would you advocate for change should it be required.

2 Likes

#SPACEPRINCESSAPPROVED

1 Like

Mike, you have been very helpful in the newbie channel and I was lucky enough to run into your Magic Bus. I’m still flying the Magick Corax 2.0 :smile:

I don’t know much about the CSM apart from the latest drama. But you seem like a guy who could be part of it for the better.

2 Likes

What no feedback on the first questions?

I encourage CCP to speak to everyone and everywhere BUT they should make news announcements on the ‘house comms’ See, the thing is when we go to third party access points like Reddit, Twitter, Facebook (yes, eve has a facebook page) then the feedback we get may not be from current players. Reddit has its fair share of bitter vets to muddy the waters of any discussion. Reddit et al are all well and fine but should not be front line news sources for the game. But i also do not want gags on the Devs, If they chose to do an AMA? I am all for it and then there may be the occasional news flash but I would like it then echoed, expanded upon in the official forums.

I am not an economist but I think the latest spikes have been partially connected to shifts in alpha conditions and the gameplay of farmers. I sometimes wonder if there is an equivalent to the Cost Of living index in Eve. A tracking of a few specific and commonly traded things. I know that all the things are more expensive than they used to be but since the market is (mainly) player driven? Who do we have to blame but ourselves? Long ago I spoke to Dr Eyjo (the lead economist for Eve at the time) about inflation, a full month was just passing 300 million isk (so expensive) He said that it was not a specific price that they watched but other factors like speed (whatever the hell that means) . Dr Eyjo is gone but I am sure that CCP still has folks watching the markets . Would I advocate for them to step in? Not unless those other factors that Eyjo spoke of were also triggered. Like I said, I am not a Dev, not an economist. So I do not plan on bossing those who ARE around. Personally my biggest economic worry in Eve is the imbalance of isk flowing in as opposed to isk being removed from the game.

m

2 Likes

Now that should be an easy decision mate! Glad to see you back here!

3 Likes

Mike has my vote. He has a long-standing history in the game of being helpful, trustworthy, and genuine.

2 Likes

That summarizes the 5 years of the Rubicon Plan, 2013-2018, and the damage CCP Seagull caused to the game by catering to the haves against the have-nots.

Anyone playing the game to hold control of space through strategic assets and mass fleets has had a blast (maybe).

But looking at how have evolved server population and CCP’s size and revenue, maybe preaching to the choir was not a healthy move. The tip of the pyramid always takes care of itself, all too well. But as someone who was a part of the foundations, CCP could have done way better.

All along the stupid way of the Rubicon Plan, they had chances to divert 10% of the effort to the foundations of the pyramid, and chose not to.

And frankly, no CSM is going to change this. A sounding board only sounds what resonates with it, and a nullsec sounding board has a deep nullsec sound.

(It was very enlightning when I was discussing with Brisc Rubal about highsec and after sharing with him a widely spread opinion that PvE is safer in null than high he just said that we were wrong. He couldn’t get past that to understand that people make their decissions based on their perception, and that’s why he should have interested himself on that perception rather than just dismiss it as “wrong”. A opinion that makes people leave the game is not wrong, it’s a problem. And yet Brisc was far more open to other views than the average null CSM…)

2 Likes

Hey Mike, you have my vote. Great rebuttal by the way.

1 Like

Not hard to choose to not vote for you. I applaud what you do to help out newbs with the magic school bus program, and I’ll do what I can to help fund it more often.

edit: I am voting for you.

2 Likes

Thats my first vote down.
You should be a pillar of the CSM just like Steve.
Fingers crossed you get the votes needed!

4 Likes

Endorsed.

Anything that gets new player retention has my vote. I wish I’d pursued my Appleseed project a little more!

2 Likes

Funny thing, I have a set of containers labelled appleseed. From when I was first setting up the Bus

m

2 Likes

That might be me from years back. I am going to look at it again. I want those newbros who hated the Blizzard trivialization of crafting.

Out of date but https://diaries-of-a-space-noob.blogspot.com/p/project-appleseed.html

2 Likes

LOL so it was.

No such thing as coincidence, just my bad memory

m

1 Like

If you ever want to drop them in a starter system, let me know and I’ll bring some basic freebies and some fireworks!

This is something I’ve often thought of as I work in a sector that frequently ties metrics & reimbursement to this for various reasons. If you’re elected would you be open to pushing an idea like with CCP for initial research and then if possible implementation?

Simple examples i see are tieing blue/red loot to a CLI/inflation index so those activities always stay monetarily relevant and actionable. I’m sure other parts of Eve game play could be tied in as well, then many things that work just fine might actually get used again since they’d be making viable ISK again.

If done correctly it’d make turning other ISK faucets like bonties down a lot easier and possible allow a EvE wide balanced(ish) faucet that distributes the ISk over multiple activities. That would also give CCP additional “event” flexibility where they can shift the index to 1 or 2 activities more greatl for a short period for purpose of event or driving a game play change.

What are your actual thoughts, have you looked into to it deeply, if so what have you found?

Also:

LowSec Field Trip (Most kids came home)
LowSec

CSM 11, 12, 13 w/o Mike (No children survived)
download

3 Likes

I honestly expect them to already have something like that. The question would be if they could put it out in the MER.

How it could be weaponized may be one of the tools already in the hands of their economics team. Of course such a tool may already be also part of other players kits as well (or corporations or alliances)

m

2 Likes

Everyone loves The Mike.

2 Likes