Mindstorm Experience Packs

If you think this is hardcore microtransactions I am guessing you have not played a mobile game in about 5 years

2 Likes

I don’t like the direction the game is going with this.

13 Likes

I see CCP is going full Pearl Abyss with these CA$H shop features. :neutral_face:

Is it Hilmar’s last desperate attempt to salvage securing his bonus payment or that one’s gone for good so a desperate measure to gain some extra cash before the end… or maybe just what many expected since the acquisition to eventually come from a PA governed CCP… or a combination of those? No need to answer we know you wouldn’t tell the truth anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Why does this crap get an instant feedback topic but things like the EVE anywhere was delayed or other important topics don’t get any feedback topic?

1 Like

@CCP_Dopamine — I applaud giving newbies the option of a way they can afford the Barge hull as soon as they buy the Expert System. And having it as optional (rather than just replacing the standalone ES) gives them the option of renewing the ES for the lower $ amount, so that’s good, too. I’m just curious about something…

The Mining Barge Operator standalone ES is $3.99. 110 PLEX is $4.99. The MBO + 50 PLEX pack is $6.49. Was there a reason not to make the extra $2.50 get you 55 PLEX, and just be half the 110 PLEX pack? Docking those 5 PLEX for something that’s aimed at newbies seems kinda… mean.

3 Likes

Greetings gamers! We are CCP, and buy we are happy to present to you our PLEX as cheap as $4.99 flagship product, EVE Online!

EVE is a space-themed MMO game, and all major credit cards and PayPal accepted has won numerous awards and accolades train multiple characters for an additional fee throughout its eighteen-year history. It is the only game on the market with an Alpha injectors come in packs of various amounts and are affordable entirely player-driven economy and make your purchase today sovereignty system!

EVE allows buy boosters to speed up your training you, the player, to immerse yourself in a world of get 1.62 million skill points for just $39.99 excitement and intrigue by allowing affordable prices you to choose from countless careers, or even packs are available online for as little as $2.49 create your own! From mining and stockpile PLEX in convenient denominations industry, to corporate leadership, to violent piracy and profiteering, to add to cart and quickly confirm your transaction, you can choose your own destiny.

Take part in small subscribe immediately cooperative operations with a friend, or take part in new SKIN packs are available in the in-game store massive battles between alliances of thousands of players. No matter what you choose to do, every single purchase expert systems to gain immediate access to skills one of your decisions and actions will purchase HyperCores shape the world and other players around you. And because EVE’s buy game world is purchase persistent, the mark buy now you make on the buy universe will buy always remain buy as a buy testament buy to buy your BUY tenacity.

We pay money now hope progress faster for a fee to complete your skin collection see purchase skill extractors you affordable packages in-game available for a limited time only soon! Fly buy, buy now, give us the money, do it, MAKE THE PURCHASE safe!

23 Likes

GiddyImperfectAntipodesgreenparakeet-small

5 Likes

At this point, it’s becoming painfully clear that another “Jita” event is necessary. Except this time, instead of burning it, maybe we should just abandon it. Like if you have a character in Jita that you always keep logged in, or were planning to go there, just don’t.

11 Likes

The microtransaction seeds were planted long before the PA acquisition.

Just accept that this is all on CCP and the vision has been long in the making. I know you all want to hate on Korean game corporations and somehow keep CCP on their “They are innocent, they are only forced to do their overlords bidding” pedestal, but this has honestly been brewing for the past 4-5 years.

5 Likes

Giving expert systems as part of freebie daily rewards or rookie rewards sounds like a good idea, as it will give people a taste of what they could achieve if they keep playing, but selling them in the store is a bad idea. That’s all I have to say on the matter.

Garth

3 Likes

These kinds of updates are sort of giving me a mindstorm.

Just kidding I don’t care

Slow Mode is stupid.

–Highbrow Gadget

4 Likes

NFG here, nothing I will utilize ever. Is it me or does CCP seem desperate for cash?

4 Likes

As a new player it is actually quite dishearteneing to see this…I have sunk money into this game for skills so that I can catch up…but buying ships? Also, so many new microtransactions in such short a time?

I think you really are trying to retain new players, but I also feel you have opened pandora’s box. This may only get worse from here.

5 Likes

CCP, in fact, was pretty much the pioneer of microtransactions when they took a step beyond buying time codes and added the original version of PLEX (and later, Auram) into EVE.

And just for the record, me needling @CCP_Dopamine over the 5 PLEX reduction from 1/2 of the $4.99 pack is a joke. The larger PLEX purchase you make, the more ‘bonus’ PLEX you get, period. It stands to reason that for 50% of the price, you’d get 45% of the PLEX, which is exactly what this includes. It’s perfectly predictable and in keeping w/CCP’s policies.

However, because I’m an asshole, my giving him a hard time over it is also perfectly predictable and in keeping w/my policies. :smiling_imp:

Strictly, you wouldn’t be. You’d be buying 50 PLEX. You could use that to buy SKINs or other cosmetics in the New Eden Store, or put it toward the purchase of Skill Extractors or game time, or liquidate it and then buy literally anything you get the ISK for. Doesn’t have to be the barge hull.

This one’s clearly intended to address the concerns raised by players of ‘great, you’ve got new alphas with a 7 day pass to fly barges, but they can’t afford the barge’ in response to the standalone Mining Barge Operator Expert System.

2 Likes

This is a shameless cash grab, skill trading 2.0 with worse value for money.

That unscheduled downtime yesterday was a sign of the coming apocalypse.

Repent!

1 Like

#abandonjita

5 Likes

Yes everyone should abandon that terrible place. Contract all your stuff in Jita and Perimeter to me and when the event kicks in I will live stream trash all the stuff in one go for everyone’s satisfaction. :wink:

:smirk:

That permit scam is old and outdated.

I think the packs are a little better for the exploration ones, at least they don’t have to go work out how to fit a ship, they buy the pack and off they go. For the price of the mining on, a fully fitted mining ship should really be included, hopefully a procurer that is shied tanked so they don’t loose it too fast to gankers.

I don’t like the Magic 14 pack at all, unless you know the game and the value of the skills, its purpose is unclear. I think better is something early in the game, part of the tutorial or career agent missions that takes you aside, and says hey, time to start training some skills, here are some to start with that you can’t go wrong on.