Mindstorm Experience Packs

1.62m sp is $44, 1.5m sp + accelerator is $39.99

Fitted ships is a good idea. Some isk on the side. Maybe a quick guide that lasts the trial period?

I believe they said when you purchased the explorer pack that you would receive a fully fit and ready-to-go ship.

I find myself in an odd position here. Iā€™m old enough in Eve to be insulted that you are now selling things that I have worked very hard for, and new enough to have not seen it coming like so many in here have.
I also find my self deeply embarrassed for you CCP, your claims, like user based economy, are going down in flames. These are the things that made Eve what it is. Iā€™m embarrassed for you because the only reason I can think of that would cause you to do these things is being in an untenable financial situation.
Thatā€™s just me though, Iā€™m just going on two years in Eve now so I still consider my self new, I donā€™t understand your motives with a lot of stuff, but this is worse than the worst scammers in Jita, only instead of bilking new people out of the little isk they have you are ripping them off for real money.
Iā€™m sure someone will point out that these new people make the choice to buy this stuff, but I would like to point out that Eve works far better if you earn your way into things, as you learn new stuff your skills progress, and your experience grows. With this itā€™s like a mistake I made by dedicating my skill queue to be able to fly Tech III cruisers, I was maybe, if I stretch it s bit, ready for Tech III destroyers, suddenly I have a Loki, managed to fit it (poorly), and almost got it killed seeing what it would do in a site I could do when I was an alpha clone in a Sunesis. I lacked the experience I needed, and because I rushed it, I nearly lost the most expensive ship Iā€™ve had in the game. I brought that on my self, you are charging people to do it.
Tossing new people to the wolves in things they have no clue about when they are still getting the hang of Corvettes is the hight of rude and disrespectful. Making them pay to do it when they have no way of knowing any better is an order of magnitude worse.
It also makes the concept of user driven economy a lie, but I guess from having read these forums and having watched other things you have done that itā€™s been largely false for quite some time.

I suppose this sounds a little harsh, but you are killing moral in New Eden and it doesnā€™t seem like you give a damn.

6 Likes

I just want to echo others here in regards to the latests scheme that has been initiated. In particular the well written contributions of @Arline_Kley, @Alha_zred and @Destiny_Corrupted.

This latest move into offering ā€˜experience packsā€™ and the whole Expert Systems thing just feels a bit lacklustre to me. Is this really the best content that we can expect from you CCP?

EVE can be and should be about more than grabbing as much cash as possible from newbies before they quit. Isnā€™t a core part of the point of the game that itā€™s NOT about quick, instant gratification, but about making progress over months and sometimes years? Isnā€™t this why itā€™s been around so long?

If I was being generous, I might find it possible to believe that the root of this scheme stems from an attempt to convince newbies to stay in the game by virtue of giving them a taste of skills that take longer to acquire than some stick around for.

The truth is however that to me, and seemingly a whole bunch of others too, expert systems and ā€˜experience packsā€™ just feels like a, fairly shameless, attempt to grab cash off of people.

If EVE is to be sustainable for the long termĀ¹, rather than focussing on getting money off newbies before they quit, the effort needs to be invested in making the game something that people will play year after year after year.

I really think you can do better than this CCP.

:mouse:

1 . I hope it is sustainable for the long term personally. Having invested over a decade in the game, I donā€™t really want to quit now, and if it really did die ā€¦ well, actually I donā€™t really want to think about that thanks.

1 Like

Iā€™ll just leave this here. CSM Mike Azariah voicing his opinion on them. https://youtu.be/0oaLnqoPUY8?t=755

This is meant for NEW players. 99% of the people whining about it are not new players, itā€™s not meant for you. Not everything is about you.

2 Likes

Wow, I canā€™t even look at you anymore CCP.

And why did you rate-limit this thread? Itā€™s like you knew full well what is coming as you are probably embarrassed yourself how far this has come.

2 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine Iā€™m hardly the only one saying this, but feel like I should put it out there. The combination of ever-broadening microtransactions and scarcity is looking like a transparent cash grab. CCP has made it much harder to create resources within game, while simultaneously increasing the scope of what can be purchased for cash. I fully expect that this time next year my launcher screen will be blasting me with messaging to ā€˜Buy a fully-fit Marauder for only $100ā€™.

My personal line is when you guys start to sell ships past the new-bro / starting experience lineup. I donā€™t expect my lone opinion to matter much to Pearl Abyss, but when you all start selling HACs and BS for PLEX, thatā€™s when Iā€™ll unsub my accounts. I say ā€˜whenā€™ not ā€˜ifā€™ because it looks pretty inexorable at this point. Iā€™m resigned to have my fun before you all completely pluck the goose.

3 Likes

I believe you should take the time to actually take a look at the easily-located link to the pack and learn WTF youā€™re talking about.

It sure seems that way based on the marketing copy, doesnā€™t it?

But we all know that what actually happened during those boardroom meetings is brainstorming on how to get existing players to roll and pay for more alts.

New players donā€™t start throwing money at F2P games right away. They just donā€™t.

3 Likes

A very thoughtful f*ck off.

Where is the content

4 Likes

This isnā€™t as bad as what theyā€™ll be doing a year from now, i.e. announcing changes in a one-post locked thread that mentions at the end that any discussion of the changes anywhere else on the forums will lead to ā€œaccount action.ā€

1 Like

I guess that Nozy Gamer is right about how this is aimed to the gaming and monetisation habits of (soon to come) new Asian gamers, but as a retired EVE Online player itā€™s difficult to recognise the game I played in what it is becoming now.

EVE ceased being a game I would like to play long ago, but this EVE nowā€¦ wow. How the mighty fall.

I usually take pride to have played EVE for the most of eight years. EVE used to be a threshold, a thing apart. Mote than a videogame. Nowā€¦ the old robes are tattered, the real jewels sold and only fake jewelry remains. She brushes plenty of make-up on the cracking skin and smiles showing fake teeth.

EVE is beyond old. Itā€™s decadent. The awesome freaky redhair girl in the party is gone.

What is left is something only fans would show off, be proud of.

Iā€™m not a true fan, not anymore, butā€¦ Poor EVE. Poor old EVE Online. Clinging to life only to endure the misery of old ageā€¦

3 Likes

Sadly there is no replacement
SC is a joke
ED is boring (this coming from an eve playerā€¦)

And this is the only thing that keeps EVE going. There is simply no alternative. We are stuck in our Reykjavik-Syndrome and CCP knows that very well. This is the only thing that CCP did right.

I clicked on the buy now but the ā€œmindstorm experience packā€ is not showing, only various other packs are there.

This.

Lets do our own eve online with walking in stations and hookers !

I really think you need to do your due diligence because the only thing that link is convenient for is your faulty argument, for that mining pack was not what I spoke of at all.

https://secure.eveonline.com/packs/details/?pack=caldari-explorer-pack

Mindstorm Experience - explore the unknown with a fitted Frigate, 7 days of upgraded skills, and PLEX.

You are right, CC is now selling packs that contain ships.

However, these ships are freely given to newbies during career agent missions, so all this does is to give them another spare for convenience.

If CCP were to directly sell ships that arenā€™t already given for free during the extended tutorial, then I say they cross a line.

But it seems CCP is aware of that line as well. After all, they did not include a free barge in the mining pack, but added plex instead.

1 Like