MinerBumping

Maybe the smell , is just something old rancid and out of date,

1 Like

One article a day, keeps the krabbing instincts away!

Haha, Rudokop roleplays as a Highsec demonhunter? Who comes up with this stuff?

2 Likes

Why do you use URL shorteners?
That’s not helping you with google and is rather questionable practise.

1 Like

Well, what would you use?

1 Like

Use the original link, of course.
You benefit from having your blog linked as often as possible.

URL shorteners have zero benefit for you or your website and they have that smell of “scam” attached to them, because they conceal the destination website. That’s not meant to say that you have potentiel ill-will against others, leading them to dubious sites. It’s just that that’s a practise URL shorteners are being used for.

But the bigger thing really is that you should always link to your site using the original links. Also, what helps with google, is having the last part of the URL be more descriptive.

Like, for the one you linked, instead of “/rudokop-forever/” you could have set "This_is_war,_this_is_not_peace.*. Boom, much more catchy. :slight_smile:

99.99999% of people will never type the URL, but they will definitely read it.

Sorry if I annoy you with this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

^ I do agree with this.

1 Like

Yes, but the original link does not generate a preview. Compare the difference:

https://www.james315.space/2020/08/21/rudokop-forever/

vs

https://glimpse.link/l/OjUpUiN

The latter is clearly the better option, if you want people to actually click on it. People like images, and are more likely to click a link that has an appropriately sized image, which is contained inside a nicely defined rectangular box.

2 Likes

Ah, that’s a good point too, I didn’t notice that.

2 Likes

Sources differ, but my understanding is that link shortening will not actually affect SEO, as Google will trackback through the referrals and credit the final destination. Regardless, SEO optimization is not a priority. The target audience is not discovering that Princess Aiko is the official Saviourette of the New Order by searching Google for “Who succeeded James upon his untimely demise?” The target audience is right here in this forum, and they need but merely see me and know that I am their representative unto the light of Halaima, and none come before the Father except through the Daughter.

2 Likes

That’s pretty sweet. Totally bookmarked that site. You can be too helpful sometimes :princess:

1 Like

3 Likes

I didn’t know that. Interesting enough to google the issue:

Apparently you’re missing some tags?

1 Like

I have no idea, I’m not a computer nerd.

2 Likes

they should make sure it’s an in-game notification that cannot be turned off and in a place so annoying that it’s impossible to undock until you’ve clicked said notification

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.