Miners of the Game Passed over by CCP

Mining could be disabled for an entire year. Even after that there would still be an excess of raw materials and unsold hulls/modules. How’s that for a Chaos Era.

As for moon mining, smaller ships can be ganked and larger can be bumped. As usual, its miners unwilling to expend effort for their own well-being. Moon Mining in High Sec was a mistake in the first place. The reward of ABC ores came at the risk of dangerous space. So having this option in High Sec still requires you assert yourself.

It is a passive attitude that has allowed mining/miners to be become the focus in ganking, extortion and ridicule.

Even if CCP added in Suspect Timer - I would be willing to bet that there would still be miners whinging about ninja mining. Because some will do nothing.

The Orca received a significant boost;

• From 4 to 6 Mid-Slots for additional defence.
  • From 3 to 6 High-Slots for greater flexibility
  • Bonuses to the application of Shield Remote Repair modules
  • Bonuses to Mining Drone yield
  • New faction mining drones
  • Introduction of Ice Mining Drones
  • Foreman bonuses were re-worked, now working for extending the life of Mining Crystals

And you want to ask for more?

Another useless miner…

Just PROVES my point .

I love miners…

I hate the entitled whiny ones like you…

1 Like

Yeah, man, you’re proving your point.

Congratulations.
Might as well close the thread.

Speaking from 6 years experience, we actually have more ships than we need already. I think a REDUX is in order but PvPers would likely hate for us to have a Skulkinaw or even a Recoveror or basically Exhumers and Barges reduced to one hull with all the benefits of each. That aside, we really do not need ships, skins, modules or implants.

What we really need are some small adjustments to the Ore Fields themselves. Not the quantity or type or composition of ore but positioning and layout. Right now The natural asteroid fields all spawn in exactly the same place each time. In many systems anom fields like to spawn near gates. Some portion of these need to spawn 15au or more from all gates and they need to all spawn in random locations like the anom fields do. The default warp in needs to be randomly generated too. Anywhere from 60km-100km from the nearest rock. This will address a few issues. BOTTERs can no longer just warp to default and start. (Probably only a minor adjustment to their code but it is some resistance.) Miners must be a bit more active vs just warping in and mining. Hunters have to hunt a bit more. I would expect this to have low to no impact on cloaked hunters.

The benefits are to the active attentive miner. Pretty much no benefit to AFK miners and BOTTERs. So if you are paying attention you are harder to get. If you are still only paying partial attention, this is no benefit. Mining needs to be active along with all other activity. Whats the difference between a Cloaky camper and an AFK miner? For me, not much, both benefit from the game without fully engaging in it. Both bring shame to the game IMO.

1 Like

If you can’t defend your stuff or handle a couple of “ninja miners,” then you may not be cut out for this game.

Eve is not easy. It was never meant to be. Adapt or die, bunky. Adapt or die.

2 Likes

Where are you getting ninja mined? Asking for a friend.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.