Mining gameplay loop

I would like to see astroids be dangerous, I do like the idea of seeing the impact you are having on them by harvesting parts of them but would take it a bit further.
I I think they should explode if you mine them wrong or too fast and the astroid fragments and shrapnel cause damage to ships and drones. If CCP ever get a handle on collision boxes the astroids them selves should be dangerous to bump into and this should scale up the faster you are moving. Actually having to pilot through an astroid belt would be neat.
If they also blocked weapon fire I think it would make for some remarkable fights.
Right now mining is so aweful I stopped doing industry because I basically sit there and rot while praying for some one to come gank me and make me stop. When I was super new I thought that the people ganking miners were just idiots who had discovered that they couldn’t do PvP any other way, that and they only targeted new people. To some extent there is some truth in this, but there are some who actually target experienced players in well tanked mining ships because it actually is a challenge, sadly for them I gave up mining very quickly because watching real life paint dry turns out to be far more interesting.
If it were a challenge in any other way besides coping with intense tedium I would do industry stuff again, but so far there’s no sign of that, only nerfs that make it even more horrid.
In my opinion people who find something as boring as I find mining in a video game are the very people who are going to look for a way to automate it, if you make the astroids themselves dangerous you will make it more fun and kill most if not all of the bots at the same time. As far as I know bots are not skilled pilots.

1 Like

It wouldn’t have to be in a new window. Use your imagination. It could be anything. Anything is better than sitting and watching a module cycle with almost zero interaction. The current system is terrible.

I don’t consider mining to be gameplay

2 Likes

I`m not understanding how CCP benefits from multibox miners. Does multibox mining not yield enough profits to buy plex to pay for the account? How does encouraging multibox mining translate to profit for CCP? Real question. Maybe I misunderstand the benefits of multiboxing.

TBV

The PLEX they use has to be bought from the market. That PLEX has to be put on the market by players. Players get that PLEX from CCP for muns

The suggestion is a skill based addition to mining could break multiboxing/botting and CCP would earn less - does this mean multibox mining doesnt earn enough to pay for the accounts? If mining pays for the account then CCP doesnt get any benefit.

Therefore a skill based addition to mining wont loose CCP any earnings.

[quote=“Ramona_McCandless, post:25, topic:301023, full:true”]
The PLEX they use has to be bought from the market. That PLEX has to be put on the market by players. Players get that PLEX from CCP for muns
[/quote] So your saying the plex isnt bought by ISK rich multiboxers but by them directly but indirectly? I see.

Theres never enough PLEX, apparently.

Look at it this way, if 1000 players multibox 3 Omega Characters each, thats 1.5m PLEX a month that leaves the market.

Check the prices of PLEX and you can roughly gauge when more accounts get turned on.

CCP has stated they want the price lower, but really, unless you are doing this kind of play, higher is better for everyone.

By everyone Im meaning me specifically.

It would not benefit them to buy it directly for real money if they are loaded with Isk

Infact, the only purpose to buying PLEX is to sell it in game. You dont buy and convert to time. Its not financially sound.

I think a OPTIONAL skill based gameplay loop that offers at keyboard miners an increase in some area, perhaps yield, would not kill multiboxing. If the increase is modest but helps pass time for at keyboard miners it seems like a positive addition to the game. Attentive or fully at keyboard miners can increase profits now, like positioning better for drones. It would be similar small gain.

I agree the likely hood of this happening is small even if EVERYONE thought it was a good idea. :sunglasses:

TBV

Surely the ore volume is an asteroids ‘hp’ and the notification of how much your lasers take out each cycle is ‘damage’. Am i missing something?

Also, i find it hard to believe any actual miners advocate for a mining mini-game. Between the other tabs they have open, watching local, d-scan and optimising laser cycles, a mini-game is going to be excruciating.

Gankers yes, since fewer miners will be paying attention to d-scan and local, i can see why they’d enjoy it. But miners…? Surely that is turkeys voting for Christmas.

2 Likes

They could make a minigame like how explorers play Minesweeper, except miners get Tetris! The better you are at arranging ore blocks, the more you can fit! Just don’t stack Fiery Kernite next to Mexallon, and watch out for mining weevils!

Increased difficulty will drive prices up. Every good player appreciates added challenge, as it drives out the competition.

I don’t think anyone believes that the mini-game will be a challenge.

What it will be is tedious.

I don’t disagree that it will likely increase mineral prices and in turn put more wealth into the hands of solo miners. But very very little.

If such a mini-game increases yield by 10%, wealth income will still be nearly insignificantly changed when compared to a meagre three man fleet.

And that wealth will come at the cost of being distracted by a mini-game when it’s the solo miners, not multi-boxers, that use thinly tanked macks/retties without boosts.

Counter proposal:

Goto lowsec.

If you’re a solo miner who pays attention, you can make more isk/h in a venture or T2 mining frig in lowsec than you can in hi-sec with an exhumer. As a multiboxer with boosts the difference between hi-sec and lowsec isn’t so big for me. But for you solo miners low sec is the place to go.

As an additional incentive, demand CCP make super ores with +100% yield that will obviously benefit miners who ninja-mine.

1 Like

i like to play bejeweled , maybe we can get some isk playing bejeweled
would be better if you don’t have to mine :thinking:

But you’re talking about worthless minors who shouldn’t even be in EVE.
HIGH time CCP gets rid of that useless mining career.

Stop being lazy and scout for a new system. I have never had a problem with NPC miners.

Just fly a Skiff with a proper tank and you’re fine.

2 Likes

And stop assuming. It makes an ass out of you and me.

Those who use “always” are “never” are liars.

Nope, I’ll just stop mining and reprocess the sh!t I get from missions and ratting. Problem solved.

1 Like

lmao what does this even mean? Did you just type the first thing that came to mind?

Um, okay. Meanwhile in reality I’ve… never had a problem with NPC miners. :man_shrugging:

lmao ok.

Ok then! :+1:

1 Like