Mining should require more skill

I bet EVE would double their subscriptions if they included a tetris minigame for miners. People would love it.

1 Like

Not owning a Switch and debating buying one just for Tetris 99, I’d become a highsec, carebear miner in a heartbeat if this was implemented. :smiley:

1 Like

We should become game developers.

2 Likes

Good! Value! People might have to put effort into things again!

1 Like

Yes, but there might be unknowable consequences. Who knows?

He’s full of ■■■■. The only people who need to be able to manage the scarcity are the very people who run the game, and CCP is absolutely capable of managing that all they ■■■■■■■ want. They can know, they will know, it’s not complicated. It was most likely the first “argument” his brain came up with.

He’s just trying to fearmonger and there is absolutely no reason to believe he cares about anyone but himself. Hell, he posted a picture of “poor children” to get the hating idiots to join in. ■■■■ him.

Scarcity is awesome!
People need to work for their ■■■■ again!
People need to fight for resources!

The worst pieces of ■■■■ are spoiled people who think they deserve everything they get, or don’t even get. Scarcity would help weeding out the crap people from those who actually want to play the game for playing’s sake.

Well, technically, they don’t want to play the game.

They just want it to run in the background while they watch a movie.

3 Likes

■■■■ those in particular!

Please do. Just make sure you quit EVE to focus on putting all of your terrible ideas into that instead. :slight_smile:

That would entirely go against 16 years of their hands-off approach and efforts to build a sandbox and let the players do whatever they want in it.

Nonsense. If it was a true sandbox, there would be no NPCs!

I hear they have so much fun at their job, some if them work up to 100h per week. That’s nothing for me, that sounds like playing EVE.

Is it mining that’s the issue or just Rorquals in particular I don’t know any AFK hulls mining or barges in particular so I’m interested in the view point from the OP

What would you then do if there were no AFK miners to gank and the problem started solving itself?

Fully agree with that , but also make weapons require some skill to hit the target , not the current F1 and forget

2 Likes

I propose gankers have a solving trigonometry equations minigame in order to shoot any targets, you know to simulate tracking calculations and the like, because ganking is too easy.

1 Like

You realize that… rats are NPCs. The empires are NPCs. Concord are NPCs. Every station is run by NPCs. Every non-capsuleer ship is full of NPCs. Do you even think before you spew your garbage responses? You would literally be more dependant than ever upon afk miners if that was true, because you couldn’t thematically justify any minerals being available to build anything otherwise (there would literally be no one else around to make them available, even from a roleplay/lore perspective). Do you ever get tired of having nothing but bad ideas?

1 Like

That is a bold claim. However, with audacious ideas like the above suggestion by @Aiko_Danuja they may get it done.

Just disable the auto-cycle of all things mining. Then delete all mining drones. Mission accomplished.

In trade for, introduce Outer Ring Excavations to High Sec with low level missions. That would end the need to search for someone to gank - just camp those systems 23/7. Plus it would mean bling miners, its a win for everyone.

Am I the only one that believes making mining a dumb activity that naturally lends itself to being done AFK is intended? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Most activities in eve are actually quite simplistic, when thinking about it.

Shooting rats - lock and activate module.
Shooting players - lock and activate module.
Shooting rocks - lock and activate module.
Hacking - lock, activate module and do mini-game.

Eve’s complexity is mostly because of the UI not being intuitive, game mechanics not being explained well enough and the game having a real economy.

This is why CCP should prioritize rehauling older systems. Unfortunately, CCP does not see it this way. Looks like just more Abyssal stuff is in the pipeline.