Mining should require more skill

Dang, keep that up and you’ll earn a nickel!

It does take awhile, and literally several asteroid fields. So unless you want to piss everyone off near the stations, you should seek out asteroid fields that are away from all the other fields being mined by small ships near the stations. After all you won’t be making repeated return trips to process your ore. You will, deplete/decimate the entire field down to all but the smallest asteroids. I have not paid any attention to exactly how long it takes to fill. I’m not an ISK/hr kind of player sorry. I will time it next time out for ya and post it here! I’m curious now.

You will probably have to release some combat drones at some point if you want to stay put. Of course the Orca’s 128,000+ HP’s gives you plenty of time to jump to warp to escape attackers. Warp disruption and webbifiers do not seem to have an effect on the Orca.

I actually pay miners…and most of them are multiboxers that do not have time to be AFK.

Try again dipshit.

So you pay people pennies per hour to do sweatshop labor in an online game?

I just recently started multiboxing and I have to agree with the statement above you don’t have time to be AFK you’re moving stuff around too much one orca two barges especially in the regular Astro belt what time managing the rats managing the Salvage and moving materials around the Orca being AFK is not really an option

I am also never AFK when I am mining… well ok, so at times, nature does call! :grimacing: But I do feel it risky when I do heed the call. I can only think of one occasion I did come back to find a single pirate firing on my ship, I was in one of my armed Ventures though so I blew it off the map.

Mining is fine. Not sure what made you think mining is so profitable. Or so easy you can afk for long periods and come back with full cargo.

I used to run multiple accounts for mining, its busy work. Plus miners are probably one of the favorites for ganking. It can be very risky depending on how you are setup.

It’s also often a means to an end. As some miners primarily are running a large industry. That ore is just a small part of a much more complex system.

After saying all that it may take more skill and understanding then most game activities.

1 Like

Your right, mining should take more skill. Maybe have the miners actually drill, properly place charges then mine the rock from the inside kinda like this:

If they are not careful, ship gets damaged or explodes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.