Mining wastage is a bad idea

Prosperity is not something that is just going to happen. It is the Start of prosperity. Meaning that over time things will become prosperous again. CCP doesn’t want to just let another episode of Rorquals Online happen to where we will need yet another scarcity.

I run a porp and 2 barges. It’s an absolute pain in the ass to keep them within range and if I expect to have the porp within reasonable distance to a rock to use mining drones you can just forget it.

These anoms are complete garbage and do nothing but make me hate paying the game.

Porp sucks ass unless you are trying to ninja mine/mine in a dangerous area.

They’ve changed the layout of belts again back to normal so it shouldn’t matter anymore. Anomalies have always been spread out and it’s how they should be

Dead wrong. This detracts from my gaming experience considerably.

2 Likes

3 guesses which ships most miners fly…

they should now be picking different ships… the meta changed to have a more meaningful impact on what ships miners fly.

1 Like

not the proc/skiff :laughing:
Most i have seen is retri/mack/hulk

2 Likes

anecdotal evidence is not evidence.

“guess” is not a valid argument.

If you don’t know, then STFU. otherwise you’re talking out off your butt cheeks.

The space I live in is very high traffic and dangerous af. I ain’t got no time to be in no ndustrial core bull s.

Having things be annoying as hell for no gain at all is bad design.

So move.

Why would I move?? What a stupid reply…

Its actually a good reply. Its part of adapting in case you are in part of space you cant flourish in… On the other hand if you like it that way, no need to move at all.

1 Like

It doesn’t even make sense… I’m talking to a guy above about using a porpoise. He tells me range is better on orca etc. I tell him space is too high traffic for that. Then this other guy hits me with the “well move then duuuuuurrr”

I didn’t request or say that I wanted my space to be safer or I wanted to be able to use an orca or anything else that makes his statement relevant. I don’t want to sit in high sec like him and mine in complete safety.

Then adapt bud. If you live in a high traffic/high danger area then you would be smart to move your non-combat operations to a less traffic/less dangerous area. That is not a stupid idea and is actually smart. Not sure why it hasn’t been done already on your part.

1 Like

Jesus Christ…

I’m going to try this one last time. My complaint is about the distance between tiny rocks in the belts/anoms. They are too far apart to set up a spot that I can boost my two barges and have my porp doing anything other than sitting in space. Mining drones are useless if you can’t be on top of the rock. There isn’t anything to “adapt” too. This is bad game design. Should there be done need to relocate your fleet every now and then? Yes absolutely but having the rocks literally 60km away from each other is ignorant.

People have mentioned using an orca because it has more range (still not enough). Not only is that not an option because where I live is dangerous even if I lived in drone lands I wouldn’t use one now that you have to activate that stupid Indy core.

There is nothing at all to adapt to. It’s either continue with this mind numbing frustrating game play or don’t do it. I want to mine. I want to help my alliance build things. I enjoy doing things under pressure with the traffic in our area so I’m not moving. I like having the risk. What I don’t like is either warping barges back and forth 60 times to move to a rock on the other side of the universe but somehow in the same anom or falling asleep waiting for the damn thing to move to a new rock. As it stands I only do enough to help with adms and that is all I will continue to do until CCP fixes what they ■■■■■■ up.

CCP reverted the belts to their original half circle shape. Anoms wont change because they are suppose to be spread out and harder to mine.
As for the porp vs orca. Orca is better and safer even with a core in highsec. Just have to know what you are doing and not ■■■■ fit it.

I don’t live in high sec.

Is it intended that they reverted them? I haven’t seen anything about it. I was out the night before last in a belt and it was still that new horrible design. Last night had other stuff to do. If so that does solve half my issues. I still hate the anoms.

I checked yesterday and the belts I flew to were the semi-circle.
I don’t live in highsec either and I use an orca. It is just fine as long as you know what you are doing. Plenty of my mates use orcas as well

I know a bunch of folks do. I just can’t get on board with being stuck in place for some arbitrary reason. Just not a huge fan. The porp boosts enough and it’s small enough I can move it easily to chase gas clouds. I guess I could get one though and take short naps in between warps though… God those things are slow lmao.

It seems so. There was some text in the patch notes that referred to fixing a bug that was causing rocks to move away from the warp in point of the belts. So it does appear that its been an intentional change.

I read someone here say not long after the belts changed that they wondered if the rocks had all been too close together so when CCP made them bigger there wasn’t space so in game physics was causing a little “Big Bang” every day after down time because the rocks were occupying the same space but couldn’t. Effectively bumping each other around. Which based on how they worded the fix doesn’t sound too far away from what was happening.