Mining wastage is a bad idea

The whole ■■■■■■■ game is anecdotal.

The true wastage is bot mining and AFK mining… eliminate this cancer, and your supply will appear like magic.

2 Likes

Mining waste would be a cool idea if it spawned “waste” asteroid clouds that could only be mined with the frigate mining ships.

While it was just friendly banter, the idea of eventually changing waste to be a second-order thing is known to CCP.

When I started playing in 2005 there wasn’t any of this nonsense. What you mined is what you got. What you refined is what you got. They need to go back to the old systems and stop screwing with the game mechanics. It’s why I LEFT for 2 1/2 years.

When I started mining, the best thing to do was fit a BS with 8 mining lasers and go to town… doesn’t mean it was a good thing and wasn’t ‘nonsense’ too. Let’s try not going back to that, k?

4 Likes

Glad you at least stopped whining about mining in rookie help and moved to the forums, you’re still wrong about your complaints by the way. o7

1 Like

Nah. Waste is garbage. If you are advocating for it you’re the one who’s wrong.

Correct, waste is another way to say garbage.

3 Likes

the undeniable problem with wastage is that CCP takes it’s cut before you get yours. This means that with the phite tiny half moon belt rocks we get these days you often go a full cycle, they take their chunk then you get a couple of m3 as the rock goes bang, which makes a mockery of your m3/s rate.

Waste is the best thing CCP ever did.

It’s a stroke of genius, right in your balls, suck it up.

1 Like

There is an option for no waste, T1 or Faction lasers, and T1 drones. If you think it is so important to have every m3 on the field, that is the option.

Even with waste on Type A crystals, you are still winning.

We have better ships, more ore, and options for adjustments. On top of that the waste mechanic can be adjusted to turn up or down the flow of ore mined per hour in Eve.

I see the changes as very good, and all positive. Even the orca works better now in Industry mode with drones. The only players that have a legitimate nerf are the Roqual, and yes that is true. But maybe some good things for them coming, if not it had to be done or mining for everyone wouldn’t matter.

Cheers,

OP

3 Likes

There is an option to buy a Hulk, with Faction Lasers ORE, and implants and you will reach those hard to get rocks.

Cheers,

OP

We now reverted back to the old ore belt configurations and yields in Sinq Laison. Funny, the waste stayed in effect.

I havent gone out scanning, but is it old config AND volume or just old config?

Except now if you increase your skills you decrease your maximum mineable volume, because equipment requiring little to no skills has no waste, and higher skilled gear has high waste. So unless you’re somehow not mining out your local resources (which doesn’t take much these days with the slow respawn rates), higher skilled equipment = less minerals

Looking at bonuses per level for each skill you could ptobably still mine more per vol with t1, or as i been seeing type A is the best route. Asteroids were doubled so there is more to make up for the waste issue.

Just cause mining laser is at V doesnt mean you have to use a T2 laser etc.

That’s just plainly wrong. Waste does not increase with skills.

1 Like

Well it is true that the equipment that requires higher skills creates more waste. T2 mining equipment does create more waste than T1 mining equipment. And I think CCP made a mistake there.

While the initial idea (T1 more waste than T2) was bad because it meant newer players were creating more waste, which would cause some groups to prohibit using lower tier equipment on valuable ores and therefore prohibit newer players from mining those ores, the opposite is happening now that people with T2 equipment cannot use it on the more valuable ores because T1 pays more.

In my opinion T1 mining equipment should have created non-zero waste equal to efficient T2 equipment (type A crystals). That way all people waste a bit and neither low nor high tier equipment is creating more waste. Unless people choose to be more wasteful with type B/C crystals that is.

Mining waste was a controversial but good idea. But if CCP implemented it by giving both T1 and T2 type A tiers the same nonzero waste it would have been better.

2 Likes

But this does not mean that higher skills increase the waste. This was plainly wrong.

How it works in general in Eve is : higher damage => less application

So more yield => more waste. That’s how to balance and make little ships also interesting.

And then you can use specific crystals with even more yield and even more waste.

So I think this implementation is fine (besides C-type which should ALSO have higher yield than B-type)

Did this come to pass?