Minmatar/Caldari: Relations

Just take on the war games that your paramilitary organisation hold on a regular or semi-regular basis.

2 Likes

My issued service rifle at the time was the Kaalakiota-Stahl FR-8. It was an electrothermal based weapon based around the firing of an X-ray laser pulse into the base of a liquid gel propellant cartridge which would induce a magnetically contained plasma in the barrel to fire red-tip HEAPINFR (High-Explosive Armour Penetrating Incendiary Fragmentation) consisting of a ceramic jacketed steel round with impact fuze high explosive around a titanium/molybdenum penetrator wrapped in white phosporous at 7000m/s.

If the initial kinetic impact and hydrostatic shock didnā€™t kill them outright then the white phosporous inside their wounds usually would.

1 Like

Minmatar/Caldari relations?, well it all depends on how cute she is. And sometimes on how drunk i am, then the cuteness doesnā€™t matter so muchā€¦ :smiley:

2 Likes

I thought the standard Caldari assault rifle is the MK25 Gauss Rifle?

((According to Templar One))

This small arms fires ferromagnetic slugs propelled by Lorentz force at approximately your stated velocity to penetrate any armour and possibly even cover in its way. From the sound of it, the MK25 is a downgrade compared to what you used.

1 Like

It is, but I was in infantry during the Independence War and I fought with an irregular paramilitary unit conducting rear echelon work in Federal territories. The FR-8 was chosen because it was a Modular Weapon System with interchangeable upper receivers to accommodate a variety of different ammunition types facilitating on-site procurement when required.

The standard 11.5 mm rounds were used in a semi-automatic/two round burst fire mode receiver since standard doctrine was to operate in four man kill teams with one person equipped with an LMG to provide suppression and volume fire while the rest were to provide accurate fire.

1 Like

Ottom, I happen to know some very good mental health doctors, so I feel the need to refer you to them.

Ah. That explains why you love Minmatar arms so much. We have that modularity. The only real constant in our assault weapons is the frame. Everything else is swappable. Then thereā€™s that bit with the aftermarket tweaks. Then we get to the ammo types.

1 Like

Really, the only reason the Caldari and the Minmatar are fighting is because of our alliances with opposing powers - thereā€™s no other reason for us to be at odds with each other.

Sadly, in both our cases, the Alliances are more important to the interests of our people than ending the fighting.

7 Likes

Meanwhile, a strong alliance between our people would likely put us in a position to not be concerned about belligerence from either of them.

4 Likes

Yeah, so long as the Minmatar stay on their side of the borders and donā€™t migrate en masse like they did in the Fed.

2 Likes

Perhaps you can refresh my memory, but did that influx of immigrants and refugees hurt the Federation in any real sense in the long run?

2 Likes

Look, if the Fed are into multicultural ideology thatā€™s their problem, but ethnic diversity is an existential threat to the racial and cultural purity of the Caldari State and the Caldari peoples. Itā€™s the Caldari State, not the ethnic diverse State.

1 Like

Nothing outright crippling.
I think the issue here is that the Caldari are somewhat touchy about their cultural identity. Their attitude to immigrants tends to be ā€œassimilate or get lostā€.
A migration to the State of a scale similar to what happened with Federation is unthinkable.

2 Likes

Racial minorities should always be regarded with suspicion. For it is inevitable they might place their own blood before Caldari interests.

1 Like

So, if itā€™s not Caldari itā€™s considered an existential threat? Did I understand that correctly? Please correct me if Iā€™ve got it wrong.

2 Likes

Yes, and the State is surrounded by potential existential threats which requires eternal vigilance and the discipline of those who consider their loyalty to State and Volk as their honour.

Iā€™m sure the Achurans love hearing that.

4 Likes

I have to admit that acceptance of other cultures is far from perfect within the Federation though. Better, maybe, but thereā€™s a lot of room for improvement.

2 Likes

Whether they love it or not, the fact remains they are not of the blood and the snows.

And yet, they are a people of the Caldari State.

3 Likes