Minning Changes - Hardcore and Bots Attention

Add minigame to mining.

Like brick breaker, to shoot beam in right places so you get good yield.

So it would be not only boring but annoying aswell? I support this idea! Finally we shall eliminate mining!

What changed in regards to the fun level? You make it seperate from the financial gain

Which is a debatable point depending on your point of view, but what has changed that affects how much fun the actual act of mining is?

1 Like

It’s because it’s a brain dead low risk activity. It shouldn’t be very lucrative.

There’s moon mining though. Pays more. But you may have to interact with other players (the horror).

Is that the one where you put in a lot of hard work setting up a structure, getting everything going, breaking off a chunk of the moon (1-week timer, I think?), and then someone else comes along and mines it all out while you watch and can’t do anything about it because they’re immune to PvP?

1 Like

This may surprise you but some people have lives, they can’t invest 5 hours a day into a game like you may be able to.

What does that have to do with anything I said?

1 Like

If youre too busy RL just flex your industry skill. You can AFK safely as long as you want.

What I don’t get is why people who are “very busy IRL” try to justify their choices like this. If you’re “very busy IRL” then that implies two predominant possibilities:

1. You have little time because you’re struggling in some manner, likely financially.
  2. You have an intense, high-end career that pays well, but leaves little time for entertainment, etc.

In the case of the first possibility, you really shouldn’t be playing games, and if you decide to spend what little time you do have on gaming, then at least you should ensure that the time isn’t wasted on rote, repetitive “work” that you’re probably already engaging in for most of your day. In the case of the latter, I similarly don’t see why you’d spend your limited time on the gaming equivalent of spinning rivets for the equivalent of $1.05 an hour when one real-life hour of your labor can buy you billions of ISK.

Repetitive PvE works for those who have plenty of time to spare on games (e.g. a student, or a retiree), and not those with very little of it. So I genuinely don’t understand how these people can rationalize away mining for a few hours with “I don’t have time for anything else.” It makes no sense to me.

If someone has some perspective on this that I’m just not getting feel free to share. Because by this point in my life I’ve spent time in all of these player categories (student with lots of time, struggling financially with limited time, living comfortably with limited time), and I’m just not seeing how this adds up.

That’s the one.

Though you can bump or suicide gank to defend your moons. Not bad back and forth. I’m having fun at least.

I mean I get what you’re saying, but that’s not really what “defend” means.

Or
3. I have little time so parking next to a rock while I work and having the sense of accomplishment of “Making your own way” instead of buying gameplay.

What you’re suggesting “when one real-life hour of your labor can buy you billions of ISK” Is LITERALLY Pay to Play.

Not everyone shares your same sentiments on what “Fun” gameplay is shocking.

Even then, you could absolutely “make your own way” by doing content that pays you five times as much without much of an increase in effort.

Sounds more like ignorance than any rational, conscious decision-making.

Mate, it’s a game, people can play it any way they want… I don’t know what you’re trying to argue here. I’m not allowed to play how I want? I need to do it your way?

It depends. If you live in Nullsec, and there’s a lot of ratters in your system, then the destruction of friendly/own assets is just fine, too. This is because the destruction of assets boosts the ESS, which causes your ratters to gain more ISK while ratting at the exchange for some assets. All of the major alliances have already created out-of-alliance-corporations for that purpose: Ratters reproccess loot they got from the rats into materials and build battlecruisers, fit the BCs with ratting loot, transfer it to the ESS-feeding corporation, and then everyone up the battlecruiser to boost the ESS. And to improve their zkill, of cause.

Belt ores have a higher per-m^3 value then r4 moon ores by the way. The moon goo value improves if you reproc it, but belt ores can be compressed, which also improves it’s value.

The major problem with moon goos though is their inflexibility. Crab down all belts of a large 0.5 and the compressed ores will fit into the ore bay of a porpoise. Put a cloak and a Microwarp on the porp and use it to haul the ores to Perimeter / Jita to sell. Easy to do.

With the moon goo… it can’t be compressed. If you reprocess it right where you mined it, you lose 20~30% yield over hauling it to null for reproc. And most of the refineries aren’t t2 rigged for moon ore reprocessing. So you’ll probably lose 30% of your materials for the “convenience” of not needing to operate a jump freighter alt and it’s beacon alt, no need for jump planning / fuel logistics, as well as not needing to be in good terms with some of the nullsec corps in order for them to give you access to their infrastructure.

Once you somehow reprocessed the moon ores, you’ll have some r4 materials which are nice and valueable, and a large amount of semi-useless Pyerite and Mexallon, which is hard to move over the insane amount of m^3 it has. Over the long, you’ll probably end up dumping it at way below Jita’s trade rates, simply because you don’t want to bother hauling it to Jita. The r4 is about 100M isk for a weekly pull, while the rest is in the Mexa/Pye. It varies over the type of r4 but basically moon ores is giving you a lot less isk per time then belt ores where you end up selling / using all of it rather then a cherry-picked fraction only. R16/32/64 ores are a lot better there, but those aren’t available in highsec.

Not “was” but “is”.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.