Missions' difficulty variance is too much

You started to tell me that L2 should not be changed, which I did not mention.

You argued that he could not cope with challenge, that some people can’t play Eve. I told you it was stupid, that you were doing manipulation by adding judgement to what he actually wrote.

My original post was that just because people had no issue starting the game, does not mean that anybody could have the same experience. Does not mean it’s a matter of intelligence. Does not mean that a new bro should know he is not supposed to have issues.

I did not.

I said he did not want to deal with challenge. People play games for various reasons, not everyone is looking for challenge in their entertainment.

I also did not say that some people cannot play EVE. Please quote where I did that.

I said that not everyone enjoys playing EVE, as people have different preferences for their games.

Please stop misinterpreting my posts, thanks.

here :

You’re saying that those people, they can’t play eve, they must quit anyhow.
That’s stupid.

Again, there is no ‘must’ in that statement. You misinterpreted my post, again.

What I said there is that people who give up and quit upon losing their ship will likely give up and quit upon losing their ship.

You apparently misinterpret that as me saying that

those people, they can’t play eve, they must quit anyhow.

while what I meant with that statement is that

People who figure out that EVE is not their type of game (due to getting into a situation they do not like, such as ship loss due to to-them-unknown game mechanics), will likely come to the same conclusion that EVE is not their type of game when getting into a another similar situation that they dislike, even if L2s were changed so that they do not lose their first ship there.

Similar message, completely different meaning. You keep reading some meaning that I never intended that message to have, even though I have tried explaining the way you misinterpreted my post before.

I hope it is clear now?

No, I interpret it as you saying “those people if this event did not happen, they would quit at any moment later where they would lose a ship in L3, or [list of other cases]” . I interpret it as you putting people who quit when “feeling crushed in a L2” (as OP wrote) in the set of people who are so likely to quit it’s not worth considering them as even potential players.

And I say, claiming such a thing is stupid, it’s your opinion but you can’t use it to judge people.

It’s the same judgement. You pretend it’s not their type of game because they quit in a L2. It’s the same stupid implied opinion.
We all have a point were we can’t enjoy the game anymore. When you remove the judgement, you are saying that people who are forced too much (by game mechanism, by misunderstanding them, by other people giving bad advices, etc.) into an un-enjoyable situation will consider the game is bad.
Yes. It has nothing to do with challenge, with who people are and their will to learn. When the game forces you in a bad situation, the game is felt bad. And the people who quit at this moment, it does not mean they would have quitted later, or when [insert previous list]. It means they quit NOW. The same event, after just a bit of time, or after knowing other people who can do it, or basically after any change, could as well be brushed away by the same person.

You are filling your posts with judgement on the person. When you remove those judgements, there is nothing of substance that remains. Without your judgements, without those implied opinions, those arguments are hollow. Therefore all you post are doing, is forcing those implied opinions onto people.

Please tell me, do you think EVE is a game everyone would enjoy?

I was about to answer but then I realize you don’t actually read what I wrote and are again going off topic.

Too many posts, too much of a waste of time. I silence this thread.

I’ve read many of your posts, but they mostly repeat the same things, which is

etc. etc.

I could go further than a few of your posts back, but it will just be more of the same. I think I’ve got the message.

2 Likes

Anyway, since you didn’t want to answer my question, let me do so:

“Well Gerard, I think EVE may not be a game everyone would enjoy, since not everyone enjoys the same kinds of games. In fact, not everyone even enjoys playing games!”

Follow-up questions:

What do you think happens when someone who figures out they do not enjoy the gameplay of EVE? Most would quit silently, but some might make an I-quit thread. Do you think that it is necessarily bad for the game when people figure out this is not their kind of game?

(Answer: it is good for players if they do not waste too much time on a game that does not suit them. Better for CCP’s wallet though if they first buy some Omega)

Also, if someone figures out they do not like the game, for example when the challenge is so much that they decide to quit, do you think they might have also quit the game another time when the challenge is too much?

(Answer: yes, very likely. After all, they apparently are not looking for that kind of challenge in a game, of which this game has plenty.)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.