MJD for Alphas

Did you feel the same when they were limited to racial cruiser and smaller?

Did that help or hurt the game?

Did it help or hurt when they changed it?

Until CCP replies, its speculation. But saying the restriction needs to stay in order to make people sub is pretty shortsighted.

CCP has repeatedly said they want people playing, even if it’s for free. It makes for a better game, and one people will pay for. Having an arbitrary wall on one module which an alpha cannot fit, despite flying the ship it was designed for, is not incentive to sub. I have 65mSP of skills I’m not able to use. Not once have I resubbed just to get a MJD. T3 ships, cloaks, large T2 weapon systems, yes. Not the MJD though.

if only alphas couldnt post on forums unless they subbed, we would get less idiotic suggestions im betting.

3 Likes

Giving alphas access to gilas sure helped the RMTers and botters so yeah I do think that was a bad move.

I do agree somewhat, but that might be a testament to the Gila too. It’s a wee bit OP. Especially for the Guardians Gila…erm Gala…

You want the MJD. You also don’t want to resub just for the MJD.

Either:

1. Fly without MJD
  2. Become Omega
  3. Make a forum post about why this specific Omega-limited thing should become Alpha so you can use it as Alpha pilot without subbing

I don’t think option 3 is the best option. It’s pretty selfish to ask for this specific thing to become available as alpha because this is the specific limitation you’re feeling as alpha pilot.

Sure, there are lots of limitations for Alphas, but not every limitation will have an impact on every Alpha pilot. Some pilots will feel the lack of a cloak as an issue. Some really want the passive income of PI. Some alphas would like to be able to do a bit more trading and are unable to do so. And you want to be able to use a MJD as alpha.

But instead of accepting that Alpha is limited for good reason, you want this specific limit lifted because you want to use MJDs without subscribing. Isn’t that a bit cheap?

3 Likes

This is something which I hate people assuming about my post: I am not selfishly asking for this.

I am asking for an evaluation by CCP of something which would benefit people who had already paid for the SP to effectively fly a BS or BC.

I fly in FW. This would affect maybe 5% of my flight time currently. With the change it would increase that to probably 20%, because it’d make larges possible to run with a BC. Otherwise, Tristans and Algos are what I spend most of my time in, and will with no changes.

I have said it before, I’ll say it again: an MJD is not incentive to sub. It just makes me not fly ships i have access to.

PI isn’t an incentive for me to sub. Cloaks aren’t an incentive for me to sub. Tech 2 ships aren’t an incentive for me to sub. Faster training speed isn’t an incentive for me to sub.

The whole package? Yes, that’s why I’m Omega.

For almost every type of gameplay there is a reason to become Omega and the game shouldn’t be any different. There should be a reason for players doing any type of gameplay to become Omega. Sure, you can fly as Alpha but you will be limited, because in the end, Omega subscriptions keep the game running.

In your case the MJD is the limit you’re hitting. Accept that you’re limited or pay for a subscription.

1 Like

This is something which I hate people assuming: CCP are a dumb monolithic org that does not do any planning or evaluation of ideas before they are implemented.

Now I know you are aware of this information because you have posted it previously, but seemed to have skipped over the part where they said “please let us know if you think it’s missing something or if there’s something that doesn’t belong!”

Did you bring this up around 2017-11-03? You’ve been playing non-stop since 2012 right? Because that looks like it would of been the time. Now it just looks like you really really REALLY want to use an MJD but don’t want to pay a sub.

Your argument of “it hardly affects me so it can’t be selfish” is falling on deaf ears. And continuous claims of “until CCP chims in” and “I want an evaluation by CCP” are all based on the premise that they haven’t (or wouldn’t of) considered this already, which just :crazy_face:!

What has changed between now and 2017-11-03 that makes a difference to your proposal? I’m not aware of anything and so the logical conclusion would be that CCP are still in the same ‘frame of mind’ they were back then, which is that Alpha Clones are limited, and this includes not having access to the MJD.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

Yes, I did bring it up then, via corpmates directly to CCP. And the topic has been a void ever since. Unlike lots of things, the rationale for why MJD use is barred for alphas is a general mystery. Hence why I have asked for CCP to give some attention to it. An explanation would go just as far as a change.

Also, with alphas losing the ability to run Level 4/5 missions, the concern of MJD use creating alpha mission monsters is null. Changes like this create opportunities to reevaluate how things are done. That is all I ask for.

Yeah this is a non starter. I’ve read the thread. You don’t have any decent argument for this at all.

MJD is a shiny toy, like cloaking devices and all those other Omega only modules, which are exactly that, Omega only. Sure CCP could review that and maybe they might decide to get MJD to Alphas … but it’s going to cost you warp scramblers which us Omegas want reserved for us.

Not having MJD does not stop you playing your part in fleets in null. Sure so you can’t fly x or y doctrine 100% because it’s missing. So what. Firstly there’s lots of compromises even lower SP Omegas make for fittings so that argument doesn’t stack up. That aside, there are lots of roles in fleet fighting and if you can’t fly something according to doctrine and it’s a key part of that doctrine, then choose a different role. We all do it from time to time.

Honestly, I think Alphas get to be able to do way more stuff than I’d suggest they should. It’s a paying game and CCP have very generously allowed access to so many things that there is a whole tranch of players who are alphas, who play an effective and satisfying role in High, Low, Null without any bother.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.