Moderation of the Forums

It’s hardly useless: it shows that there are multiple offers available without forcing a player to search through a single long topic for each listing then onward to see if it has since been bought. Separate topics allow the previously-mentioned topic title edit to mark sold, so a player can quickly look down the list of topics to find active sales threads.

You might find it annoying, and that’s your opinion, but others find it helpful.

Don’t like all of the above? You don’t have to sell on the forums. But if you do sell on the forums, you have to follow the rules.

3 Likes

I’d rather go through and open say for example 5 windows of the same item being sold, than go through 100 responses in one topic and trying to determine who still has one to sell etc… while yes we do have the delete post feature, id still rather go through individual topics to see prices, in case price changes from OP of topic…

1 Like

Clearly it would be better if there were 50,000 threads, one for each item in game, where buyers/sellers compete with each other on the same thread, and it is unclear when each individual buyer/seller on the thread is done with their transaction, and where we have 0.01 ISK wars and furious bumps and later-posters, even though who don’t have better rates, get transactions first, etc. This is particularly handy for items that are not commodities such as fitted ships and abyssal mods (“singular abyssal thread”)

Hijacking someone else’s for sale thread is akin to commenting on an ebay sale that you have the same item but cheaper.

It’s not polite, and it’s against the rules.

2 Likes

That actually looks like me 10 years from now.

That actually looks like someone I used to know…

EVE is EVE. I tested it just a week before. Log’t in in as an former NC lover and I just got smashed in game and online by the same old trolls. Not to mention that if you got hot, you got banned. Same old EVE. Actually, the forum mods will ban you if you try to hard mouth the idiots.

I never was a NC nor a goon lover, I was a businessman. War is money. When the cash flow was broken, I had to quit. Good news, this is only a game. Also, trolls can be trolled.

1 Like

You have it all figured out.

cool story bro

:cool:

2 Likes

I know, it’s almost incredible

thats why we use reddit instead of overmoderated e-o.com.

1 Like

Yet you’re posting all over this forum.

So, is reddit supposed to be high quality? Is that the claim?

2 Likes

The problem with the reddit site is it’s filled with the imbeciles whose posts used to heavily trash this forum. You’ll be there for days trying to find some useful information from a knowledgeable person. If you want to indulge in the cackling of the developmentally challenged, however, it’s the place to be.

2 Likes

Removed some off topic posts. Don’t make me close the thread please.

5 Likes

So a discussion that is not possible here but at reddit because ‘unconviniend’ opinions will be flagged by people who are not able to discuss because ONLY THEIR opinion counts and nothing else and mods that only want peace and follow those flaggers without even READING the flagged post in context to what was said before,but simply delete it BECAUSE it was flagged is better?

Well…if you say so…

And i BET this,MY OPINION will be flagged and deleted also,because of ‘discussion of moderation’…but if it is it only confirms my words…

CCP does not own and operate /r/eve - the moderators/policies aren’t even the same - so there is no point in comparing forums to Reddit. And Barstorlode is the head of ISD (and all of CCL), so he calls the shots, but he’s also the most flexible and tolerant of all the ISDs. Whereas other ISDs have a short fuse and are rather inflexible when it comes to making swift decisions and closing threads, deleting posts, etc, he’s willing to bend and tolerate things to a far greater extent than others.

:roll_eyes:
Make sure to wear a tinfoil hat at all times and stop brushing your teeth with fluoride toothpaste to keep the corrupt oppressive CCP/ISD from controlling your mind as part of their authoritarian regime :crazy_face:

We will see…

Mark my word…

No tinfoil hat needed,just experience over 15 years in this forum…

The word ‘over moderation’ was spit out above,and it EXACTLY describes what is the problem here…too much political correctness and too less discussion…

I trust my Big Brother Dorrim. You should too.

Yeah…blind trust is a problem in this game too…:slight_smile: