Modified Skill-injector Idea

I’ve been posting this idea in different forum threads (mostly the ones about balance).

The original idea was that the Skill Injector would fill into a pool and as the player skilled they would get a 1:1 ratio. Earn one, get one from pool.

I would like to propose an updated version of this.

Skill injectors would no longer lose SP based on how much SP you have, but you are throttled by the ratio based on amount of SP the character has

example.
9,999,999 SP or less would get a 1:1000 ratio.
10,000,000 - 15,000,000 would get a 1:750 ratio.
etc etc. And it would stop at like 1:100 ratio.

I feel this idea falls more inline with the theme of EVE, where things should take time. Less cancer than the current version, as it would still take time to train ships and skills.

edited: because auto-correct doesn’t like my spelling and assumes things!

1 Like

So, trickle injection? I like it, it feels good. Would the same apply to extractors?

I would say no to extraction - people want to lose skills, let them pull them and lose their function!

Players buy injectors because they want instant gratification and are willing to pay a premium to get it. It’s very profitable for CCP - they sell PLEX for cash and then sell extractors for PLEX - virtuous cycle!

I think any proposal that takes away the instant gratification is unlikely to gain traction - people want to fly that carrier today! I don’t see this as “pay too win” because Eve is a game where player knowledge and experience are far more important than character skill and the only way to get that is to play the game.