Module Capacity Usage

Note that that article is heavily PVP based, missile application is also an issue in PVE although typical it’s a bit easier to apply in PVE as many ships are slower and/or fatter than PVP fit player ships. You also probably have more room for application mods or rigs, than most of the ships fit for pvp. Furthermore the Praxis has a great drone bonus to wreck any small ships your missiles don’t apply well to, so maxing out missile damage for the medium-large sized NPCs makes sense.

Also look at the bonuses on the Praxis: “25% Bonus to Heavy Missile Cruise Missile and Torpedo damage” Your light missiles aren’t getting any damage bonus. In general I suggest fitting to the bonuses of a ship,

So you are using a lv2 agent and they gave you a mission called “The Blockade” is that right?

honestly I’d love to see a screenshot of the mission description as a lv2 agent suggesting a battleship just seems all sorts of wrong. I usually recommend cruiser hulls for lv2 missions, some even think that’s overkill and recommend destroyers.

I don’t worry too much about EHP for pve ships, pretty much every size appropriate ship has enough EHP. I typically look at the sustained tank. Pyfa has it as recharge rates right under the EHP and damage type selection.

And I assume that 1890 is your volley. Volley is the damage all your weapons do at once, although with missiles and drones there is going to be some delay so it doesn’t really make a lot of sense to look at. DPS is volley divided by rate of fire and this is the number I usually try to maximize.

Now for the fit. It mostly makes sense, but is kinda all over the place.

Lows:
Damage control, not very useful on a pve shield fit, I’d probably replace it with something else.
Damage mods (CN BCU, c3-x, IN DDA) decent choice, but if you are only using hobgoblins I don’t know that I’d use the IN DDA, probably replace with another c3-x or a CN BCU. Using sentry or heavy drones the DDA would make more sense.
Missile Guidance Enhancer, questionable benefit, the range bonus is probably helpful but the application bonus probably doesn’t help much.
co-proc, the fitting slot is probably needed unless you have high fitting skills.
Shield power relay, just having one doesn’t really do much, you typically need a few and/or shield recharge rigs to make it work, then some extenders in the mids to buff shield HP. And passive tanking doesn’t really work all that great on BS hulls anyways, and especially on the Praxis which has pretty low shield HP to start with, and a lower than average shield recharge time.

Mids:
100mn AB, LMJD dual prop can pretty useful, although for lv2 missions I probably wouldn’t use the MJD. I’d probably just use a single MWD.
shield hardeners, probably needed, but using 4 is probably overkill. I’d probably swap to 2-3 hardeners and a shield booster.
Tracking link, depends on what drones you are using. I usually only use these with sentry drones. if you are using small drones only probably better to go with a drone nav comp so they can move around faster, or just drop the drone mod for something else

highs:
Rapid lights, pretty good all around missiles for a cruiser hull, I wouldn’t use them on a BS
Drone link augmentor, Usually I don’t like these, but at low SP or alpha they may be useful to extend drone range. And like the tracking link, if you are only using light drones it’s probably not that useful. I only really use these with sentries.

rigs:
Resist rigs, I wouldn’t use them on a pve BS. A few fits they make sense due to resist holes, but with 7 mids you have enough slots to swap hardeners around to specific tank missions
Missile speed rig, Can be useful but kinda depends on the rest of the fit.

Recommendations:

For what you seem to be doing you might be better off in a gila. RLML go great on one, and it does a ton of drone damage. You can probably fit a whole gila for less than the cost of fittings of the praxis fit you posted. Might also do well in a gnosis.

If you want to stick with the Praxis a specific fit would depend on your skills. There’s another forum thread here with fits, but I haven’t flown any of them, honestly they all pretty much look like bad rattlesnake fits.