I would like to see a module or rig for pirates that will cause their victims to drop 100% 75% of their cargo (I’m talking about cargo, not equipped modules, where 50% loss is fine).
Why this idea would shake-up piracy meta:
- ATM, most pirates fit their ships to maximise gank or PVP effectiveness.
- Fitting a rig or module that’ll ensure 100% cargo drop means that pirates are sacrificing their gank and PVP effectiveness in exchange for more loot. This fits with Eve’s philosophy of more risk = more isk.
- Victims of piracy have a better chance of defending themselves as pirates will be less combat effective. This means more pew-pew.
- Pirates will be more vulnerable to anti-pirates, who will be 100% PVP effective since they won’t need this module.
- Pirates will now have more options in how to approach their career. Will they choose to be hyper-aggressive and engage everyone in a full-PVP ship? Or will they fit this module and only attack cargo-laden ships?
For ganks involving multiple pirates, each pirate should have this module or rig equipped, otherwise the victim will only drop 50% of their cargo. This will make high-sec gank fleets more vulnerable to anti-piracy, and give anti-pirates a chance to sabotage ganks by shooting the victim themselves, ensuring that drops are only 50% instead of 100%.