Momba Fit Please! šŸš€

I bought a Mamba :rocket: because it looked cool but I have no idea how to fit it. I need a PvE fit, as Iā€™m not a PK.

Thanks!

@Dracvlad

3 Likes

Look at zkillboard. PVP to pve conversion made simple. You wonā€™t need DCU. Racial resist probably the best pve call. replace tackle. If webbedā€¦that can stay actually if going rockets.

Or Look up flycatchers, remove the slots if not there to taste and there you go. No bubbble fit ofc since not needed or allowed on the faction dessie lol.

Mekubal is basically the same thing. Fit it like thrasher FI lol. Navy cormorant is guns so I canā€™t say that here. Flycatcher would be your closest bet imo.

1 Like

Probably get some good replies if posted in the correct sub-forumā€¦

2 Likes

In order to Pk effectively you need to find some new players, preferably slow ones that canā€™t shoot back, then Pk them one at a time while mocking them.

What a waste.
ā€œIā€™m going fishing Sunday.ā€
ā€œCool, Iā€™ll bring my aircraft carrier.ā€

You will need something like this to optimize your captain proficiency and combat record against Non-PK-Character enemies:

[Momba, Non-PK Honor PvE Variant]

Warp Core Stabilizer I
Small Armor Repairer II

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Small ā€˜Settlerā€™ Shield Booster
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Peripheral Compact Target Painter

Arbalest Compact Light Missile Launcher, Guristas Mjolnir Light Missile
ā€˜Arbalestā€™ Rocket Launcher I, Guristas Nova Rocket
Small Tractor Beam I

Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partition I
Small Nanobot Accelerator I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I

ā€˜Integratedā€™ Hobgoblin x2
ā€˜Integratedā€™ Hammerhead x1
ā€˜Integratedā€™ Warrior x2
ā€˜Integratedā€™ Valkyrie x1
ā€˜Dunkā€™ Salvage Drone x2

Guristas Mjolnir Light Missile x10000
Guristas Nova Light Missile x10000
Guristas Mjolnir Rocket x10000
Guristas Nova Rocket x10000

It has good speed and powerful defenses. Not only will hostile forces be required to break your shield regeneration, but will be forced to deal with armor regeneration as well when that fails. In military circles, we call that ā€œpeeling the onion.ā€

You start each engagement by peppering the pirate fleet fighters from long range with your rig-augmented missile launchers, and as you take down their shields with focused EM damage and the fight turns into a melee, you switch to your rocket launchers to punch through their explosive armor resist hole to finish the job and secure the bounty. The target painter ensures that you are able to apply maximum firepower to even the fastest enemies. Your drone squadrons can apply multiple damage types, and by carrying multiple sizes, you will be able to apply maximum DPS to both frigate and cruiser-sized bogeys.

When the fight is over, you can quickly recover items of value from the enemy hulls using your tractor beam and salvage drones. But if you are ever in serious trouble, like for example if a PK launches a surprise ambush while you are carrying out your combat maneuvers, your warp core stabilizer ensures a speedy escape from danger.

The Momba is a very powerful and versatile ship. Your reputation will precede you if you use it properly.

1 Like

Itā€™s just a niche Pk fit though.

1 Like

No, a PK fit would require swapping out modules, like for example the Cap Battery would need to be exhanged for a Warp Disruptor in order to be able to grief player targets by not letting them escape. You would also need to change the Small Armor Repairer to an Armor Plate because additional buffer is more important than regenerative stability. You would also probably leave the Salvage Drones at home in order to load up on spare combat-oriented drone tech.

How do you not know this? Itā€™s almost as if youā€™ve never done any real PvP before. :thinking:

I like how they found ā€œPKā€ to avoid speaking about PvP tho. As if ā€˜Player Killerā€™ isnā€™t part of the ā€œplayer versus playerā€ equation.
Especially in EvE when most of the ā€œkillsā€ are spaceships. So it should be ā€œSKā€ and not ā€œPKā€ but I guess it doesnā€™t make a difference to self-deluded players who want to take the ā€œPvPā€ out of a PvP game.

2 Likes

Pk players only go for a kill.

Real PvP is more like a scripted dance where everyone has a good fight.

1 Like

That ā€œPKā€ business is disingenuous at best. Playing on semantics isnā€™t smart, it only shows the lack of an argument.
There is no ā€œPKā€ that is valid for this game. There is no ā€œreal PvPā€ thereā€™s only PvP and I wish people would stop whining about the pixels they chose to risk. Itā€™s getting real old.

I just really try to kill as many as I can.

Nothing Dracvlad or Dryson says can stop me.

I guess Iā€™m just a niche Pk champion?

:face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

No one cares what a griefing gWankbear thinks, TYVM.

Iā€™m not surprised that the PKā€™s donā€™t know how to properly fit a ship.

I am amazed that those PVE-only carebears always have a corp logo like this.

Whatā“

Over the years, Iā€™ve meet at least a dozen players who were named some variation of ā€œDread Pirate Robertsā€ and were dedicated high-sec miners.

1 Like

Iā€™m in an NPC corporation, so Iā€™m not sure who heā€™s talking about.

I am talking about the logo in middle of the ship model on image you posted. If it is some skin and not a corporation logo then pardon me. If you posted image from other source and not your own, then that is on you.

1 Like

You donā€™t deserve pardon for not checking before posting.

As always, ad personam only talk about the speaker.