Monthly Economic Report - April 2021

Eve is seeing the largest war in history of Eve. Production as whole has dropped. Production should be in FULL swing trying to cover the losses from the WAR but it is not.

The production drop, mining drop and slowing of isk velocity is saying New Eden is in a recession. Just wait and watch what comes next.

No sane person is building anything from BS up. Add to that most faction ships. And war probably only made small dent in stockpiles

1 Like

And on the people that allowed the game to become Wrecked 1.0: They allowed Rorquals to wreak havoc in the mineral market, Supers and Titans in the bounty income and umbrella area, structures for allowing the easy-mode building of these massive things that are supposed to be community efforts and the docking of these massive objects.

If only Rattati would lay blame on those people like Hillmar, Seagul, Fozzy, Rise, Ytterbium, Burger, and many others who were responsible for wrecking everything for silly short term gains to sell the company. That would give him a huge popularity boost.

2 Likes

People prepare for blue donut reality, this was the last war, further on there will be only skirmishing, making tons of ISK in safe null space, where will be no afk cloaking (outside bot users community, because bots already can reactivate cloak every 15 min.), where gates will be bubbled on both sides to catch every nullified ship traveling.

1 Like

Peace is far more profitable than war.

1 Like

All I can say is CCP give them the tools and NUll sec used the heck out of the tools. As for the umbrella thing, I hate null sec and most null sec players. The groups that put in the work to keep their areas the safest got the most out of it.

Well CCP Rat is the guy that has screwed the last 2 years. My issues is he has removed all the rewards and did not remove any of the risk. Risk Vs Reward.

You understand that only a couple groups had the man power and drive to keep their areas safe? There will be little to no reward after CCP Rat is done but all the risk or danger will still be there.

They did that because they had to because if one group had not another would have. And it is not like null sec has not told CCP continuously just how bad this is and how much damage it does to the game. Unsurprisingly, CCP started to change course shortly after they got acquired PA. Evil to him who evil thinks. :innocent:

@CCP_Fleebix are you aware the blog still has a lot of March charts?

No destruction in Pochven? No mining in Pochven? No trading in Pochven? Etc.
I have to admit, I have never been there, but only heard that some players ā€œliveā€ there.
Canā€™t find Pochven on https://evemarketer.com/
Why is it under the radar?
Well, I see Pochven in some of the graphs, but not all of them.

A wish for next month Economic Report

• A breakdown of the faction pirate ships production (starting at least in March when there was no annoucement about the Industry change). I would expect steady production before the announcement, a peak production in April, and a void in May. The breakdown could be by ship (preferably), or by ship size.
  • The number (and value) of successfully sold contracted faction pirate BPC (single item in contract). Same, I would expect steady contract sales before the announcement, a peak of sales in April, and a void in May. The breakdown could be by ship (preferably), or by ship size.

Until there is a nice supply of *Trigger Neurolink Conduit on the market, and price that go much lower than what they are today, I canā€™t see ā€œsmall playersā€ being able to build one of these from a BPC at a reasonable price anytime soon (and a price that does not discard the value of the BPC). If there is any new faction pirate ships introduced in game, they are likely to come from pre-build LP Store ships, not manufactured from their BPC.

As of today, I still feel like a faction pirate BPC (owned by a player) is worth zero (of course, you still need to pay full price in LP Store, but once acquired it has no value)

Introducing the *Trigger Neurolink Conduit for these ships was a big mistake.

If Iā€™m wrong, show us the data.

Pochven:
Destruction 422b
NPC Bounties 14M
Production 512B
Trade 111B
Mining 67B

1 Like

Which production drop?

1 Like

Did you got these numbers from the graphs? From the rraw data file maybe?
Unless Iā€™m blind (end of the day, Iā€™m getting tired) I canā€™t find that on the graphs. Didnā€™t checked the zipped raw data file.

Yeah, for some reason they dont put it on the graphs. It is in the CSV every month though under regional stats.

1 Like

Whatā€™s an ISK sink?

When ISK is ā€œremovedā€ from the game. NPC tax, for example. That ISK will not return to the market.

Ah, I see. Thank you.

The ā€œsinks_and_faucets_over_timeā€ csv only goes up to March. There is no April data in it.

If price on things you produced quadrupled and production volume halved, youā€™d still see doubling on graphs, right?

2 Likes

@CCP_Rattati this person is not wrong in their assessment. Perhaps you guys should hire a staff economist or something. It seems like this games economy is complex enough to need that.

1 Like