Monthly Economic Report - April 2024

Greetings capsuleers!

The Monthly Economic Report for April is ready for your review.

You can find the downloadable data for last month’s report in the following LINK .

o7

4 Likes

Tin Foil Hats for sale below Jita market price!*

*But for Frostpacker clan members it costs 1 bil ISK each. Yes the items are character bound and are applied to the character upon purchase thus are non-transferable and non-tradable. :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t even know why you bother with the “Value destroyed by region” when it’s defined by the notoriously unreliable (and region-based!) CCP Killmails…

If item values are independent to each region, what’s the point of comparing these independent values together?

If I understand correctly, the production & trade balance values use the “30 day average market price”, which is, I’m assuming, global. You should use that price too for the “value destroyed” calculations.

Since when are item values independent from each regions ?

We’re in May.

@CCP_Lumi

Hello (.___.)/

Once again, I am leaving a comment in these threads to humbly request that economic data on Zarzakh start to be included in future economic reports. Speaking as a dedicated fulcrum trader, there’s absolutely a growing economy in the system and would love to see that system’s economy receive some recognition in these reports.

1 Like

Like every month: Too much Ice from afk/bots in HighSec. Too few Ore/Ice mining in Lowsec. Solutions are easy:

• no static icebelts any more, afk-massmultiboxers and bots shouldn’t rely on the fact that they can log in, undock 20 hulks and just erase a belt convenient in half an hour, putting all the money/resources into one guy’s pockets.

• split the ice amount from the static belts into randomly spawning ice anomalies (directly warpable) of smaller size and scannable ice sigs of larger size with some higher quality ice. Give active and motivated mining corps an edge over semi-afk massmultiboxers and bots.

• do the same for lowsec with the high-quality ice/ore belts, plus adding “abandoned ORE mining outpost” sigs with high quality Ores in a deadspace pocket that can’t be hotdropped. This would encourage people to do mining-expeditions that are worth the endeavour if you can survive. The need to scan them first and the need to take a gate before warping in would allow the miners to defend themselves with paying attention, leaving a scout or suicidetackler behind to evac their fleet on one hand, but also allow hunters to prepare ambushes by pre-scanning the sites so they can sneak in with a cloaked ship without probes being shown and/or using recons to keep the Dscan empty. Interesting interaction for both sites is possible.

2 Likes

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: :shushing_face: this is what I get for posting before coffee…

5 Likes
3 Likes

it’s the opposite.

30d avg is used only when setting orders in the market.

You can shove that tin foil hat as this April report actually looks good.

Next month it will cost twice the price. :wink:

:smiling_imp:

1 Like

When I said I wanted eve inflation to match real life this isn’t what I meant

1 Like

The new Store webpage looks fantastic this month too.

Looks like industrialists need another big war. Production looks to be going through the roof and is not being matched by destruction… which surely leads to a surplus and so difficult to make money as an industrialist

the amount of production needed to make a ship, with all of the intermediate production steps, is still quite large.

The amount of people who want to get their grubby hands on a new and shiny Navy faction dread (or the newly reduced in material cost Serpentis dread) is quite large, and most of that production going into the cap construction chains likely accounts for most of that.

Though your point remains true, the “Scarcity” effort didn’t do much to lower stockpiles of held assets, just made it harder for the have-nots to get stuff. A large scale war to deplete those reserves is overdue.

I’m worried. PI demand is driving up the MPI (Mineral Price Index) at the current moment. Minerals are going to become a massive surplus once more. PI Markets are in need of minerals now, What will happen with the PI industrialists are sated with a mineral surplus? Will PI manufacturing hit it’s consumption limit and begin to over supply the markets? Will this crash the MPI or will inflation deaden it’s fall? I don’t know and I’m scared. We are a month away from the new update. What happens if this effect reverberates to the entire market?

1 Like