Monthly Economic Report - January 2024

Greetings!

The Monthly Economic Report for January is ready for your review.

You can find the downloadable data for last month’s report in the following LINK .

o7

8 Likes

Tinfoil hats for sale below Jita market price for the first ten buyers only!

Also: First.

:wink:

3 Likes

Buy my eight ccp corpse for 2.5b each

It would also be worth considering the LP received by players from different LP shops and thinking whether it is adequate or not, perhaps you will even come to the conclusion that it is not.

There’s some messed up data in the csv version. mining_by_region.csv has something other than region ids in the region_id column

Like every month: Too much Ice from afk/bots in HighSec. Too few Ore/Ice mining in Lowsec. Solutions are easy:

• no static icebelts any more, afk-massmultiboxers and bots shouldn’t rely on the fact that they can log in, undock 20 hulks and just erase a belt convenient in half an hour, putting all the money/resources into one guy’s pockets.

• split the ice amount from the static belts into randomly spawning ice anomalies (directly warpable) of smaller size and scannable ice sigs of larger size with some higher quality ice. Give active and motivated mining corps an edge over semi-afk massmultiboxers and bots.

• do the same for lowsec with the high-quality ice/ore belts, plus adding “abandoned ORE mining outpost” sigs with high quality Ores in a deadspace pocket that can’t be hotdropped. This would encourage people to do mining-expeditions that are worth the endeavour if you can survive. The need to scan them first and the need to take a gate before warping in would allow the miners to defend themselves with paying attention, leaving a scout or suicidetackler behind to evac their fleet on one hand, but also allow hunters to prepare ambushes by pre-scanning the sites so they can sneak in with a cloaked ship without probes being shown and/or using recons to keep the Dscan empty. Interesting interaction for both sites is possible.

3 Likes

No ESS figures for this month :frowning:

I will buy one as I have extra isk now that Princess has blocked my calls

1 Like

@CCP_Bee

(.___.)/

Would it be at all possible in the future to have data on Zarzakh trading? Contrary to what people may claim, there is an existing market in that system and it being isolated to it’s own region could yield some curious numbers to look at. Realistically speaking, I can see how it wouldn’t really fit in with the scale in pre-existing charts. So I would be asking for a unique category. Much like how Wormholes have theirs

1 Like

There was a more dynamic system, where if you mined out an ice belt, it would spawn somewhere else in the game. That was during scarcity, of all things.

Then, CCP decided to call their changes to ice a “dynamic redistribution” and… made it respawn 6 hours after the sig is down on the clock, so you can dictate when exactly it respawns and in what system every. single. time. It is so backwards that it hurts.

As you are saying, getting more systems, but with some moving around, maybe getting a central system that can then have the belt spawn within a few systems (with the scarcity time dynamic redistribution to make people actually mine and have to move) could be a good idea.