Monthly Economic Report - February 2021

Why this article is not tagged as dev.blog?

Is not exactly wormhole space, nor is it normal space. It’s a sort of hybrid.

1 Like

I’m looking at the charts now, it shows about 700-750B in sleeper loot was made in the month, many null sec regions beat that hands down and that doesn’t include any faction BPCs or modules that drop, does not include all the mining that goes on in those regions as well and also that 750B made in WHs wasn’t 1 alliance. As for the making billions an hour, that only works for a few hours at most until your sites are gone and then you either have to roll holes, hoping you dont get jumped while doing that, or have your system sit for a month to regenerate them. Null sec players literally can set their watch to anom respawns.

2 Likes

It’s where you go to evac your stuff to HS with zero risk for the price of two filaments.

With which patch did CCP remove wandering connections?

You don’t have to answer, it’s a retoric question.
Let some drifters warp away in your system and see how many connections they reveal that you don’t see, but are there. It was funny the days to discover the K162 connections that are not yet spawned.

With your statement you only show that you have very little knowledge about the connections and in general about how people hunt in the WH.

5 Likes

Most people in Null have absolutely no idea, but they feel that since they read about it once apon a time, that they understand.

I fail to see how that’s even a relevant question. That concern, and all of those requirements to mitigate it, are always active in every system. It doesn’t matter if that specific threat represents 100% or 0.0001% of the activity of the non-miners in null, it represents a real and credible threat literally 100% of the time you’re undocked to mine, no matter if you’re mining rocks, gas, or moongoo.

Same reason it’s not tagged as ‘MER’: CCP sucks at tagging. No Banksy, they.

The various price indices are f–ked IMO. There is over a 300% increase in the mineral index and it has not even budged the CPI or any other index…? That means minerals are either a trivial portion of the various indices (with the corollary of who cares how much people are hoard then) or the other indices are so f–ked as to be useless.

2 Likes

Also, Amarr stagnates and slowly bleeds buyers and sellers as people can’t find the sell orders and buy orders for the products they want.

All thanks to no Niarja in HS.

CCP is going to really have to rethink if they want their huge amount of Amarr RPer types who will never live anywhere other than Amarr HS/LS (other than maybe Providence) to just all win the game.

1 Like

Anectdotal hoarder story here, ofc, but I had a huge stash of minerals from ore I (2 exhumer+1 orca) mined and compressed and shipped myself from when I lived in a WH pre-ABC/Spod removal from moon mining in WHs (like 2018-2020)…

And over the past couple weeks I just built 5 Ravens and 8 Apocs (for turning into Golems and Paladins respectively) and also 2 Leshaks and 1 NM (just spare BS blueprints I had lying around in my main’s indy base… Leshak BPCs from the abyss 2+ years ago, NM BPC from this past winter’s event (best drop of it for me, probably)).

So, despite my resisting shipping, selling, and/or burning through my big (to me) stash of minerals during the entire scarcity age that was 2020, the Marauder buffs and the threat of the upcoming indy changes together made me spend almost all of my trit (still have plenty of all the other stuff) on DEM BS BUILD JOBS. I’m more of a “every 2 years I build some random ship BPCs I have for my own use… mostly” type not even really an indy hobbyist type, tho. I did build 3 of all the trig subcap t1 ships to have a nice collection of those on my 3 toons, tho. :wink:

Congrats CCP… you got me (or my trit stash, at least) in the end after all. o7

don’t worry, once everything needs less trit, you’ll be able to restock.

1 Like

It already has. I saw this huge increase in minerals. And every T1 hull is made from just minerals. So…T1 hulls should be going up (all other things held constant). When I looked at the battleships that is what I saw, generally. Same for other ship categories.

As for the decrease in the money supply that tends to be deflationary. We can deduce this from the equation of exchange:

MV = PQ

M: the money supply,
V: velocity - how quickly ISK changes “hands”,
P: the price level,
Q: Goods and services.

So, assuming V is constant and looking at the production graph which indicates Q is going up, to maintain equality, P has to also go down. But, CCP also gives us a graph of V (the velocity of isk) and that has been going up necessitating a smaller or even no change in P.

But on TIS, “professional” traders recently said (and showed graphs) that Amarr is growing. :slight_smile:

Is the money supply number from ALL characters, or just characters on Active subscriptions?

Well, I seem to be taking a multi-year break from mining anyway, so I’ll just sit with hardly any trit for a good long while and be happy to not be trying to scrape trit together from market or HS mining. Our meager spodumain and ABC supplies in WHs was just too good to do anything else now and be happy, too. (Unless these rumored R4/0.5 sec HS/WH moon goo changes/improvements actually make mining those types of moons more worthwhile, I suppose)

But that is good to hear for future reference, thanks. :wink:

Hm. It is quite possible for certain aspects of a trade hub to still be fine and normal or even getting better… but for 90% of the ways that trade hub used to be useful to be dying and getting worse and worse.

I don’t claim to know with any uncertainty, but it feels like that’s about the size of it with Amarr these days. Supply issues, prices way out of whack with the rest of HS’s market hubs… not on every product, but on at least 90% of the things I care about, let’s just say. :wink:

1 Like

All characters who’ve logged in within 1 month.

Thanks

yanno, I noticed my typo there (meant certainty, not uncertainty, ofc, lol!)… tried to correct it with an edit… got the no edits allowed message I’ve heard the rest of you guys talking about in recent weeks/months.

I figured it was just a 15 minute timer, same as new posts… nope. can’t even edit it now, day or more later. That is… pretty crappy.

CONSIDER THIS MY EDIT.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.