Monthly Economic Report - June 2024

Greetings numerical capsuleers!

The Monthly Economic Report for June is ready for your review.

For those of you looking to get your hands on the raw data for your own use- you can find the downloadable data for last month’s report in the following LINK .

o7

7 Likes

(.___.)/

Hello! I am once again here to humbly request that Zarzakh be included in future installments of the MER.

9 Likes

Finally. I like parts of this MER.

Zz is backwater …yet :sweat_smile:
…and SCC won’t endorse piracy by reporting on its financial feats :slight_smile:

Zz must first put FOB …in Yulai :smiling_imp:

Maybe after this years AT XX sponsored by Commando Guri :thinking:

2 Likes

Like every month: Too much Ice from afk/bots in HighSec. Too few Ore/Ice mining in Lowsec. Solutions are easy:

• no static icebelts any more, afk-massmultiboxers and bots shouldn’t rely on the fact that they can log in, undock 20 hulks and just erase a belt convenient in half an hour, putting all the money/resources into one guy’s pockets.

• split the ice amount from the static belts into randomly spawning ice anomalies (directly warpable) of smaller size and scannable ice sigs of larger size with some higher quality ice. Give active and motivated mining corps an edge over semi-afk massmultiboxers and bots.

• do the same for lowsec with the high-quality ice/ore belts, plus adding “abandoned ORE mining outpost” sigs with high quality Ice/Ore in a deadspace pocket that can’t be hotdropped. This would encourage people to do mining-expeditions that are worth the endeavour if you can survive. The need to scan them first and the need to take a gate before warping in would allow the miners to defend themselves with paying attention, leaving a scout or suicidetackler behind to evac their fleet on one hand, but also allow hunters to prepare ambushes by pre-scanning the sites so they can sneak in with a cloaked ship without probes being shown and/or using recons to keep the Dscan empty. Interesting interaction for both sites is possible.

7 Likes

How is there such a large gap between Mining and the explosion of Production in 2024?

Shouldn’t prices be down if production is that crazy high?

@CCP_Zelus Hi, which region is Zarzakh under in the MER?
Also thanks for including Pochven I had no idea the destruction was so high, hopefully that will quieten the nullbears a bit.

1 Like

It’s down only in their own nullsec market’s the rest of us are paying premium for not being in a nullblock.

1 Like

How about no ice belts in high sec at all, make those botters come down to NULL and L/S and actually play the game, or how about the devs get off thier collective asses and just nuke botters on sight?

Sorry but after the last 4 years of stick for the mining playstyle its about damn time they took that stick and shoved it up either thier own inept backsides or the botters or quite frankly and in my humble opinion BOTH!!

CCP Killed poch, realised they were gonna loose a butt tonne of money only to “Fix” their own their own stupity and that space was lost to the botters, they’ve spent the last 4 years kicking the mining community in the balls with things like scarcity and other insane stupity, then they just insulted the entire Carebear community by throwing us these scraps on “New Anoms” that arent worth the lines of code they want to celebrate.

CCP get your ■■■■ together your game is 20 years old and you’ve alienated 2 thirds of your customer base in favour of the “New Pilot Experience” you had better numbers when this game was actually hard not his cookie cutter BS you’re now peddling to the idiot masses who want things “Easy” or “Instantious”

Rant Over o/

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind that, tbh it would still be better than the current situation because it would at least remove the afk/botting part of HS.

However I would like a concept that would offer all kind of opportunities in all spaces, but rewards are adjusted to the risks. That means, imho ice could be available in HS too, but it should require effort (moving, scanning, working against competiting crews) to get it and the total amount should be rather small per anomaly/sig in HS, so it is okay for smaller newbro crews to do it, but not interesting for a 10+ exhumer multiboxer.

LS is the part that needs to be pushed for bringing more life back to these areas, but the huge problem here is hotdropping, LS is simply full of cynoscouts and their droppingcrews. Thats why mining anomalies there need to be designed in a way that makes hotdropping hard in general and impossible in some of them, else nobody will use them regulary or with other ships than ventures/prospects.

I also like to see the shattered WHs adressed, they have huge and quite good Icebelts, but those are also rarely used. Despite living in WHs for a decade, I have never seen a larger mining Ops there (10+ miners with boost) or even found a belt that was “mined out” even decently.

1 Like

More Ice and Ice derivatives means its cheap and products are affordable. All mining should be automated as its pretty boring. Triglavian mining pylons are the future. We only need to develop something using this technology.

2 Likes

Not like there is a lot going on with those. They are up all day because no one mines them.

But hey, just looked at the report for the first time, and whoever is in Delve is mining about half of the crap being mined in the game it seems. So where are the farmers?

Delve

Where New MER?

@Felix_Frostpacker will give you new MER for 1 bil ISKs.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: :smirk: :innocent:

it’s too early imho :thinking:
MER is usually posted at the end of the second week of the next month relative to the month the report is for :smirk:

I retract my statement. It was overcomplicated and disproved by further scientific research :pensive: