Monthly Economic Report - May 2022

Paspi member detected. 3:1 numbers are clearly indicative of goons blobbing. 3 paspi players are clearly inferior to a single goon.
And it gets even worse for WH and co elite pvpers. unless they are 10:1 it’s blobbing (unless they are doing it, in which case it is honourable elite pvp). :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You don’t know how to use zkill do you?

im starting to see what has caused seige green and just how much we need another multi trillion isk war. edit:/ or ccp will need to increase taxes on buying and selling goods which will make all 1k people sitting in jita spontaneously scream out and burst into flames.

1 Like

The sales tax is ALREADY been raised through the roof! I agree we need to sink more ISK out of the economy but can we lay off the manufacturing sector for just a bit?

2 Likes

CCP has encouraged botting by treating player time as worthless. The changes championed by elite pvpers have removed ships from space and it is unlikely that a big war is coming again. Last one was very expensive and CCP has made it impossible to actually replace capitals and even less so supers and titans. No sane bloc is going to risk their strategic assets right now.

3 Likes

The dominance of Jita and the decline of all other trade markets (Amarr, Rens, Dodixie, Hek…) is saddening. Something should be done to countersteer, maybe sales tax and broker fees should scale with market volume in any given system, just like system cost index for production.

Also HighSec Mining Amount is still absurd (especially Ice). Remove the static icebelts, make them smaller, scannable signatures that randomly move around the constellation like other sigs. Makes life a lot harder for miningbots and mass-multiboxers.

Who says they need caps to have a war

1 Like

Has noone else heard of the stabber?

The last thing the game needs is more content removing, the issue isn’t ice in high sec. It’s the lack of anything else elsewhere.

3 Likes

It is sad; yet storyline. I look forward to “democratising” market distribution in future arcs. Don’t rush “the rush”.

Changing content is not removal. From what I observe, the static Icebelts in HighSec are hardly anything that I would describe as “content” anyway. Heavy semi-afk multiboxers and obvious bots are the majority of the “content” you find there, mining insane amounts every day which lowers the price for Ice and all related products to a level where it is hardly profitable for the usual 1/2 char miner any more. Watching how ice in HighSec is mined today from the viewpoint of a new player that seeks for a mining-career is heavily demotivating.

Making the icebelts scannable signatures with much lesser volume (but increased yield of course to compensate for the scanning/traveling time) would require regular scans (which so far is not done by bots yet as far as I know) and fleet movment through the constellation. That greatly benefits smaller, flexible, active and real-human-groups to find and mine new sigs quicker than the lazy multiboxers/botters. Which is a step into the right direction imho.

When I left on my last break (or the one before?), ice had been changed to finite amounts that respawned hours after clearing the belt.

Did that get changed or is the suggestion that it just didn’t do enough to constrain supply?

Any activity where a player is participating is content, you might not deem it content but it is. Also players will gravitate to activities where the risk/reward balance is acceptable for that individual. The fact that high sec ice mining is a (for high sec) good reward for relatively low risk is not a problem, and I say relative low risk because one look at zkill will show many billions of ISK worth of ships being destroyed while in the belts.

You also say they’re tanking the price, well if that’s the case then it’s working in harmony with the market. The reward is going down, again not a problem. If you decide to make ice mining more difficult somehow, yes you might increase the value of products (I’m not quite sure why you would want that), but you also run the risk of losing players who like to mine ice, don’t assume they’ll find something else to do because they probably won’t. People forget that some people just want to mine, they enjoy it because they like chilling or it funds other activities such as PvP.

Will it get rid of bots? I think people confuse bots with multiboxers too often when it comes to mining fleets. But true bots will always find a way, if it’s not Nullsec anomalies, FW plexing, mining then it’s abyssals. If you make all of them exponentially harder just to battle bots then all you’ll end up with is shell of a game and a toxic forum…oh wait.

1 Like

Because null sec bloc wars are not 5 v 5 so things tend to escalate.

haven’t you seen what’s going on in the world?

inflation

After looking over the data. Sure looks like Eve’s New Economy is dead or at a very minimum garbage.

Less players mean less customer to buy items in game. Less players means less players mining, so less things can be built.

This game is just a LOT LESS then when I started but I guess that is what CCP wants!

Even the CSM does not know what CCP wants, how do you?

If you have evidence that individuals are involved in geopolitics and genocide — outside the scope of a fantastic game — please prepare for it to presented to a court of Law.

I think not even CCP knows what they actually want… well except our money of course :slight_smile:

Me either, but i bet this wasnt it. They did it to themselves though.

Sorry but this is a joke.

No good ore in nullsec.
HOW can people build stuff.
Game is in the wrong direction
People should be fired that did this removing Trit and others from nullsec.