Monthly Economic Report - November 2019

I’m following all the squiggly lines on the charts and I think they say:
PRODUCTION vs DESTRUCTION: Produced end products are more closely meeting supply and demand since late June/early July (a reasonably balanced I/O),
DESTRUCTION VALUE BY REGION: Solitude is living up to its name,
DECOMPOSITION INDEX: consumer price index is flat-lined against increasing raw material supply (hello pending inflation), and
STARGATE JUMPS: Solitude saw more action than Stain but lost less. Invasion imminent?

Keep making the colored charts, CCP. They’re pretty!

1 Like

loled

1 Like

Fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

welcome back bots

1 Like

You have no idea. Here for you

It happens enough, you just have to have balls to go to delve

3 Likes

I believe that people coming in to harass our people is an annoyance. I believe that people coming into our space to harass our people with such a pathetic force as to be no threat to anything larger than some excavators or maybe a VNI is an insulting annoyance. In both cases, I believe that behavior should be discouraged. I believe the best way to discourage that behavior is ensuring the people engaging in it have as bad a time as possible, so they never want to come back to our space in such an insulting manner, ever again.

If I had my druthers, we wouldn’t drop titans, we’d drop a massive group of Vindicators, Interdictors, and 1 Keres for each enemy frigate, and we’d keep them webbed to 0 and scrammed until downtime, just to give them even less enjoyment of the experience.

Content. Not insults. Be worth our time, or GTFO. We’re perfectly capable of coming and finding you when we get that bored.

3 Likes

So in other words, it is only “okay” when goons do it or else. Hypocrisy at its finest.

2 Likes

It’s only ‘okay’ when someone does it who can get away with it. If you can come into Delve and be a pain in our collective asses? Good for you. If you can’t? Stop whining about your own incompetence.

3 Likes

Just a heads up on the formatting…

It’d be nice if clicking on the images didn’t take you to a new page. While hitting the back button isn’t terrible. It’s just kind of archaic. - Think Amazon, and how you can click on the image and a pop-up of said image appears with a larger view of the product.

Other than that… I <3 Data! :smiley:

1 Like

The argument is being framed the wrong way.

Delve shouldn’t be criticised for playing the game well. That just seems unfair.

What should be criticised ( as it all too often is the root cause ) is the broken mechanics that enable Delve or any other region to mine and rat 24/7 without the supply running out. It just doesn’t make sense that there’s this infinite supply of Sansha recruits to sacrifice themselves as it doesn’t make sense that ore anomalies only take a few hours to magically reappear again.

5 Likes

I’m sorry, I need some clarification here.
When a small force goes to Brave space with ill intentions, are they met with equal force or do Brave not put the biggest force they can muster in the way to stop them.

Sure Goons often go with overkill dropping Supers on a few subcaps but then they have enough Supers to do so - You want to tell me Brave wouldn’t do it if they could?

BTW; 2 carriers, 5 Machs, 4 dictors and a bunch of frigates is just as much overkill for 3 or 4 nano cruisers as 10 Supers is.

Yes Supers need fixing but so does risk aversion in general and as that goes Brave is just as guilty as any other Bloc group.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones indoors.

NB; Why does every monthly economic report end up “Goon Bashing” - They aren’t doing anything different to the other Blocs, they just do it better

2 Likes

Blooders. Sansha are over in Stain et al.

Just remember that if the ‘limited supply’ button comes down too hard, we won’t stop, we’ll just start a slow steamroller through null as we keep moving to strip-mine everyone else’s space. There needs to be a balance point between conflict and stability, or everything eventually winds up ground down under the biggest group’s heel.

It also needs to be remembered that a lot of the time, what gets labelled ‘risk aversion’ is simply a reasonable cost/benefit analysis that comes back with ‘my time is worth more than the fun I’d get from the experience’.

2 Likes

I get that but i also believe if Supers weren’t the “goto” for most situations the game would be more active and more people would get a little enjoyment defending or attacking space.
I in no way “blame” Goons for using Supers as CCP designed them to be used.

Sadly CCP has slowly been removing the ability of anyone to come and challenge those Supers “that” is the biggest problem.

2 Likes

Yep, it very much is. And they keep making it more and more necessary to have supers just to be able to hold or take space… because that’s the only thing that can really fight supers. :man_shrugging:

But either way, I stand by my earlier statement: people coming to screw w/Delve can either bring enough to be worth the time and effort to deal with them in a reasonable way, or we’ll deal with them in an unreasonable way. I got more days behind me than ahead, and I’ll be damned if I’ll waste time enabling some whiny little pissant’s need for a dopamine fix. Let 'em go wank off somewhere if they want.

1 Like

Lmao. This basically becomes:

A) if you bring frigs I’m bringing supers to hot drop defend
B) if you bring an actual caps + supcap fleet we’re going to bring 10x as many caps and sub caps
C) if you bring Supers we’re going to bring 10x as many supers

Now I’m not faulting you for defending your people, but lets not be silly in saying if a genuine fight was brought it wouldn’t be N+10 squashed.

2 Likes

What really needs to happen is CCP make a sequel to EVE with better graphics and mechanics and a fresh open playing field. a lot of games do fresh wipe servers for a reason. Every effort to give people the chance to “catch up” has not really caught anyone up…Make a new game…every time i try to come back to eve its archaic and there is no chance i can talk anyone i know into playing it for the first time or coming back…just consider those things…eve is dying…cant blame one corp for it…its just showing its age and not drawing new players.

Ever try wormholes?

1 Like

Nobody in any Bloc has ever said or even hinted that they want “genuine fights” in their space.
The whole idea behind Bloc defences is to not put their space at risk, that’s why when ever someone tries they will be met with overwhelming defence fleets.

CCP are solely to blame for this situation starting with FozzieSov and new structures, neither of which should have been put in game when and how they were.
CCP wrongly “presumed” these two things would create the sort of fights that would generate headlines (free advertising) in mainstream media - Instead as predicted by many, they turned the game into what we have today, a mere shadow of what was once a great game.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Sammy, this is the dumbest idea ever and the only surefire way to kill EVE Online. I’m sure people will be okay with SIXTEEN YEARS worth of progress wiped away just because you feel like you should be able to “catch up”.

2 Likes

He’s right, Sammy. I want my every death from nearly sixteen years (those that didn’t get wiped pre-Kali at least), to earn me a damned Frozen Corpse monument. No wiping allowed! :smiley: