Monthly Economic Report - September 2020

By your preference for the current CCP approach versus going after the faucets : )

1 Like

Where did I say this?

What is it with kids today making these assumptions?
Not liking your proposal does not constitute preference for CCP’s. I hope you realize that.

Can someone describe the problem CCP is trying to fix, or point me to the original post/discussion? Though I guess there are several problems that need fixing, I just see how what they are doing will help. Maybe in the long term, but in the short term, they may create more problems.

1 Like

CCP posted this a while back.

1 Like

Thanks!

I think the idea of trying to make the production and destruction lines meet is a good goal in principle. But, is the stat really measuring it right?

What about people who leave the game with a bunch of stuff? Or defunct corps with assets? What about all those powered down POS’s everywhere in WHs? Seems like there are a lot of situations where something would be out of circulation, but not really ‘destroyed.’

If we’re trying to make the lines meet, I think those things should be counted as destruction.

Plus I’m not entire sure how we should think of hording. E.g., there are players and corps who buy 400 Drakes just as a way to save their money that is inflation proof. Those aren’t really in circulation either.

2 Likes

Mine more, refine that stuff into more stuff, build more stuff in the region with it. Then trade that stuff within the region.

1 Like

So If someone bought at hing, would the price it sold for be added to the stats? Or partial value based on the galactic average be given towards the stat

My understand goes as follows:

When someone mines ore/gas/moongoo etc, the tooltip value of that ore/gas/moongoo gets added into the numbers that produce the Total Mining Value by Region chart.

When someone reprocesses that ore/goo, or uses minerals/goo/gas/salvage, literally anything in any kind of Industry job, the tooltip value of the resulting output gets added into the numbers that produce the Total Production Value by Region chart.

This means that if you have ore worth 10 ISK, and it reprocesses into minerals worth 15 ISK, and then you use those minerals to make ammo worth 85 ISK, you’ve added 10 to the Mining chart, and 100 to the Production chart.

If you then ship that ammo from Venal to Jita, that then adds the 85 ISK as either a positive (export) or negative (import) to the numbers for the Trade Balance by Region, EVE Online Economy: Imports & Exports by Region, and EVE Online Economy: Net Exports by Region charts. So exporting that ammo from Venal to Jita means Venal’s totals go up by 85 ISK, and the Forge’s totals go down by 85 ISK.

Incidentally, this doesn’t just apply to cargo. This applies to everything. So if your empty JF uses the last of its fuel jumping from Venal into the Forge, then that JF’s value gets added to the ‘import’ value of the Forge (ie: a negative value on the trade balance). If it later jumps back out again (or gates into the Citadel, for example), that value moves in the other direction. But if it blows up while it’s in the Forge… then it’s still considered to have been a trade good that was imported.

If you sell that ammo in Venal instead… then forget the 85 ISK entirely, because that’s the tooltip value. So let’s say you sell it for 50,000 ISK. (Hell of a profit, good job!) That 50,000 ISK gets added to Venal’s numbers for the Total Market Trade Value by Region chart.

Contract it, though, and it doesn’t care what you’re charging. Instead, we’re back to the tooltip value (because otherwise, 0 ISK contracts would register as 0 ISK value) for the Total Contracts Trade Value by Region chart.

At least, that’s my understanding of how the numbers are produced.

EDIT: Notice that this means the ‘Mining’, ‘Production’ and ‘Trade Balance’ numbers are completely divorced from the Market Trade Value numbers. They’re all pegged to the ‘official’ value of all of those aggregate items, while the last one represents the real amount of ISK changing hands.

4 Likes

You’re right, a Huge material and isk sink is players going inactive and EVE is a game where players want to accumulate things as they play so really the production should always be much higher than destruction.

1 Like

simple question. Why are wormholes not included in the report.
Will nothing be mined or destroyed there ?

1 Like

Why won’t CCP nerf NPC bounties?

They ar indirect nerfed.

If qith the last Mining changes, the cost of minerals and ships will be increaed, but NPC-bounties not,
the inflation works like a NPC-Bounty Nerf.

1 Like

J-space hasn’t historically been included in the MER because prior to citadels, the amount of actual production going on in j-space was minimal. That’s not to say it wasn’t happening, mind, but apparently, it was really hard to track POS production and reactions. So they tracked those items when they came into k-space as part of the trade balance and then normal market activity. Similarly, because sleepers don’t give bounties, there wasn’t any advantage to putting the j-space regions onto the MER for ‘Bounties’.

It’ll be interesting to see if they include the new Trig region in the October MER… or if those systems will, in effect, remain in their former regions and be tracked as part of those. And if they do put T-space into the MER, then there’s really no excuse not to include J-space, since citadel-based production is clearly something they can track well.

1 Like

To give perspective on this and why CCP stopped showing this, here is the graph for bounties from the September 2017 MER.

You’ll notice very quickly that the information get regarding the Bounties in Wormholes is basically meaningless compared to the rest (it’s so small that it registers as 0.0% compared to the other). The Sleep Components you see on the left hand side have since been merged with the rest in the “Commodities” category of the overall Sinks and Faucets graph.

1 Like

I asked for destruction and mining, not bounty. I can understand , that bounty has no meaning, also production, even if I thinbk, it could be interesting for T3.

But destruction ?
also Mining with difference before and after the last Ore changes, would be interesting.

I see, that the rawdata is included, so I load the data in a MariaDB table.

According ISK_destroyed, 3 W-Regions in the Top 10

iskDestroyed regionName
655862291.86 Sinq Laison
588674288.95 Omist
561987659.5 D-R00017
546993500.33 Curse
445986900.77 E-R00029
358169786.98 ADR01
317367657.68 Branch
294135354.55 E-R00027
284762168.83 ADR03
276874101.63 Devoid

Hardly any money. You have to offer your offices for 0 ISK to be competitive. The ISK amount to NPC is only that high because the system is based on a rational approach that predates the current CCP by 10 years. If NPC used the same system Citadels use now (unlimited slots, no cost scaling), the office sink would look very different.

1 Like

I would pay ISK to be able to dock in 3-QYVE

I would pay all my ISK, PLEX and some more to be able to read chat again… Who cares of economy when UI is broken?

1 Like

@CCP_Convict, why is total destroyed value in Domain less than it is Niarja alone in zkb in September? :slight_smile:

It’s around 700B in the report, and 1.91T in zkb, and all the kills aren’t even present there.