Monthly Economic Report - September 2021

i’m impressed the amount of active ISK has been reduced, regardless of the ESS banks being opened.

That’s wallets, IIRC, not assets. So everyone pulling everything out that went into asset safety during the year-long war(ish) means a drop in ISK, but a net increase in accessible wealth.

Having a nice map like that in game sure would be nice…

True. If I may add to that one of my favorite mapquotes;

"I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some
people out there in our nation don’t have maps and I believe that our education
like such as in South Africa and a the Iraq everywhere like such as and I believe
that they should our education over here in the US should help the US or should
help South Africa or should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we can be
able to build up our future for our children. "

Nice, a monthly report that tells us we’re poor.

1 Like

The Miss America beauty pageant where this comes from has some candidates that say more intelligent things than most politicians or leaders. Or CCP developers, for that matter. Since you mentioned “map quotes”, I would raise you CCP Rise in that category who boastfully elevated the new map out of Beta status over 5 years ago, but never got to actually make this trainwreck as good as the old map.

Be careful who you mock, Fleebix. :joy:

@CCP_Fleebix The quote is funny, but at the same time I don’t think it is appropriate to post quotes (even if it is from someone else) that mock education in other countries and infer that they cannot read maps.

1 Like

It’s all in jest, didn’t mean to mock Miss Teen South Carolina 2007, more so to drag up an old dank meme of yore that I thought some of the veterans here might remember fondly. Also maybe slyly acknowledging that our map is in need of some, lets say, dusting off.
To continue this segue though it’s worth noting that Miss Teen South Carolina 2007, Caitlyn Upton really ran with the fame she gained from the slip-up and has made a pretty solid career.

Dusting off is putting it very, very, very mildly. It is still inferior in almost every regard to the old map. The new map is harder to read, harder to get data from, harder to use, harder to navigate and much less clear than the old map. It is meant as eye-candy and not as professional productivity tool. (Coincidentally this also applies to beauty pageants. :joy: ) The only things where it’s better than the old map are the new filters that CCP intentionally did not implement in the old map.

1 Like

Speaking of slyly, if CCP just doesn’t have the manpower to fix it, maybe I should send another application…?

CCP - Jobs Keep sending those applications. London especially is growing exponentially :eyes:

Posting my tought/rant here, because it might (or not) have an impact on future MER.

Base Unmodified Taxes:

• Sales Tax: 2.5% → 8.0% (Previously 5.0%)

Not sure if CCP hates newbros and alpha players/accounts, but Considering the need to be Omega to work the sales tax down, this is a solid slap in the face (until newbros go Omega and train their Accounting skill).

I have created accounts for all 4 empires, but I have absolutely no intent on having them all in Omega Status. I created them simply to have some experience in all 4 empires. I have only one account I intend to keep in Omega status (until I’m fed up with the updates and have to vote with my wallet as I did with another game). And if I ever buy one months of Omega from time to time to the 3 other empire accounts (like I did on the release of Grand Heist), it will only be on special occasion, and limited to train alpha skills beyond the 5M SP wall.

I imagine CCP has made the math and came to the conclusion alpha players don’t weigh much on the trade side of the economy, and/or they hope(or expect) players to mindlessly take the bait and switch to Omega, rewarding CCP by doing so. I hope they don’t take the bait, but I have to admit there is a high chance that players will take it, and the overall turnover in real life money will be positive for CCP.

As for me, I don’t know, I might hold my loot on my alpha accounts until every 3 months when doing a tour of New Eden for the SoE Epic Arc with my main (Omega). Or just blitz any pve content I do, without wasting my time looting. I’ll see.

I imagine we will see the effect of the tax hike in the November MER (to be released in december) (full month with new tax rates). Or not, if alphas are insignificant.

1 Like

This game is dying.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.