Moon Mineral Distribution Update

So can we still mine null sec ores from HS moons??? that’s my question

3 Likes

No. Only moon goo ores (Coesite, bitumens, zeolites, etc.)

Clearly I’m being dense here or I’ve missed something cruicial. If you remove everything except Pyerite and Mexallon on most of the rocks what the hell is left? What are the new moon rocks going to consist of and will the approximate values remain the same or is high sec moon mining dead now? Is it better now? I’m reading the posts but I’m none the wiser.

1 Like

I’m just here to watch people who don’t know what they’re talking about freak out and claim this is going to kill the game. :popcorn:

26 Likes

That’s not good enough to keep subs around.

Think about addicts, if you give them all the drugs they want then stop abruptly they’ll wander off and find another source. However, if you dangle that next fix in front of them, even if you don’t give it to them right away, they’ll stick around even through the pains of withdrawal.

Addict analogy aside, everyone knows these changes have been needed for some time. However, such changes should have been done all at once as an expansion-style patch. Drawing it out just pisses people off and wreaks havoc on the market for no good reason. We don’t even get to see what the light at the end of the tunnel is to give our feedback to say if they system is even any good or how it might be exploited. I’d like to see something akin to what they did for the T3 rebalance to be honest. That way tweaks and possible reworks can be made BEFORE it goes live in some broken state as we have seen over the past several years where feedback should have been heeded. (Fozzie Sov, Citadels, Rorquals, Injectors, Alpha, Capitals/rebalances, HAWs, etc)

In short, we don’t even know their roadmap, all people are being hit with is a damn stick for several years at this point. And not just the people of null, this effects everyone in EVE in one way or another. We just know “CHAOS” and that isn’t good enough.

EDIT - to those who are being doom and gloom about the minerals, just remember most of those were coming from other sources already. I’m taking issue with the complete lack of warning and promised rebalancing of ores. This was a removal (partial replacing) and nerf of existing ores, not a rebalance. But most of all the lack of any roadmap. As well as taking great issue with the slow rolling out of what should have been a single large patch to “rip the bandaid” off so-to-say.

6 Likes

For what? Don’t you need to know what you’re mining before you decide that?

Please re-read the article. It already states what is replacing it. More goo.

So ■■■■ wormhole mining alright

4 Likes

So the backbone of this game is now the asteroid belt skinner box? With the mini-asteroids? If this works out we are all truly sick.

Woo, more atmospheric gases lol

I have typed a response 5 times and none of them get my point across better than , this sucks!

So this affects the .5 moons as well? We won’t get common ore, just garbage R4, but that R4 ore will still have its basic ore in it? I just dropped a refinery and the drill goes online today, am I just going to have to unanchor this?

6 Likes

Yeah… I’m being dense because I don’t see the point of having more of something that’s already hogtied by the major alliances. Looks like I wasted a lot of money and time on hi sec infrastructure and the move to null seems wasted too.

2 Likes

so u introduced moon mining to wh and now u killed it?

1 Like

Yes, we will update the post to be more clear. Here is what it will say in the updated version:

• All basic ores (Veldspar, Scordite, Pyroxeres, Plagioclase, Omber, Kernite, Jaspet, Hemprphite, Hedbergite, Gneiss, Dark Ochre, Spodumain, Crokite, Bistot, Arkonor), will be removed from moons. In some cases, they have been replaced with Moon Ore.

• All basic materials (Tritanium, Pyerite, Mexallon, Isogen, Nocxium, Zydrine, Megacyte) will be removed from moon ore DNA (refining materials output table) with the following exceptions:

• R4 moon ores (Bitumens, Coesite, Sylvite, Zeolites) keep their original yield of Pyerite & Mexallon (Tritanium was removed).

13 Likes

thank you no more half words

Master Troll alert! :martial_arts_uniform: :nauseated_face:

1 Like

So does it means that the only source of tritanium will be in the asteroid belts?

1 Like

:+1:

Keep up the good work fixing the economy. We’re all rooting for ya!

4 Likes

No.

Post must contain at least 5 characters.

I dont see a negative impact in the long run… Sounds ok to me… :slight_smile: And im a miner / manufacturer :slight_smile:

5 Likes