Moon Mining: A Compromise [HiSec]

Mining moons in the first place took a lot of coding. Changing it to have a % chance at producing x,y,z would take a rework of the entire system and any related subsystems.

I suppose not showing what you’ll get would work, but I don’t see anyone being happy with that system.
You should be calculating potential profit per drill timer. Without that ability, it’s a shot in the dark. Set it for a week, or 2 months v0v
Your potential profit is entirely up in the air.

30 bil in a few weeks off 1 drill? Assuming you reprocess at max skills, at 1 week pops, you’re only looking at maybe 300 million. Assuming you suck up every last cycle for the available rocks.
If you’re not reprocessing, which is the only real value, you’re looking at somewhere around 250 million a week. Also assuming you harvest every last cycle of rock available.
That may fluctuate depending on which moon ore you get, but raw moon ore is cheap. Unless something has changed a whole lot in the 2 1/2 weeks since I mined moon rock.
You have to take into account the structure, the core, rigs and modules, and fuel. The fuel adds up when we’re talking multiple month pulls.
I was slightly exaggerating on the year to repay it, but I’m not exaggerating on how much risk you take on by holding stations in highsec.

I could Maybe see that if they were on 2 month cycles, and you were mining multiple moons, with a lot of alts, and they happened to pop over the last 3 weeks.
Mind you, I mine on 46 characters, and I mine 12+ hours a day and I’m only making 25-30b a month. Well, on 30 characters, the other 16 are only a week old and I can’t measure monthly profit yet. They’re in procurers already, but don’t have max yield skills yet.
I’m sure I could measure it by doing math, but I’m on my phone laying in bed, so the math will have to wait.

  • Edit; I made another 20 mining alts today, but had stuff to do, so they’re not yet in my corp.
    Feel free to look up my alts corp, Independent Contractor LLC